The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Cool website I found...

Salinye

Hey guys~

I stumbled onto a website that I think has a cool premise. Anyway, I thought it might be a cool place for you story writers to post some of your short stories.

The website is:

www.storywar.com

I haven't had much exposure to it yet, so I can't say if it's fantastic or lame. I just know of it and have done some limited exploring. :0)

I hope you all are doing well!

~Shelby

Interesting idea for those who would want to do it. The accounts are free there; perhaps we could include it in the List of Links?

Personally, I think that a competition format like this is contrary to the spirit of cooperation and support here at the Pen. It's so easy for something like this to become popularity, or drift into supporting "comfort zone" reading and neglecting someone who dares push edges. Also many writers are more sensitive than they might think; it's difficult enough sometimes to write from the heart inside of the head, and then share it. Entering it in a contest that received no votes at all could be more painful than a new writer can conceive.

Many writers will read my comments and think, "you've got to be kidding?" or "Sheesh, just toughen up!" But making this a supportive place like life "should" be and isn't is one of the Pen traits which keeps me coming back here to my online family.

-Pendantic Peredhil's two-cent speech.

I never suggested incorporating it into the Pen, but I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out its existence so that people who might be interested in participating can. I think the more writing environments presented the better. :0) I also wouldn't be opposed to having a forum like this here, not that I'm here enough anymore to have a serious vote. However, I can't see how that type of forum is much different than nominating particular stories for the....hmmm what is it called here again? List of favorite or best threads etc? They're singled out and voted on. I can't remember what you call it here! I guess I need to stop by more often and jog my memory. :0)

~Shelby

Edited by Salinye

However, I can't see how that type of forum is much different than nominating particular stories for the....hmmm what is it called here again? List of favorite or best threads etc? They're singled out and voted on. I can't remember what you call it here! I guess I need to stop by more often and jog my memory. :0)

The nomination thread is What do you recommend, at the Courtyard.

The list is The Pen Recommends, at the Walls of the Pen > The Codex and Lists.

Glad to see you around, Sal! *hugs* :)