The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Lilac Returns

Greetings, here is my story, I wrote it this afternoon, also, at the bottom is a poem I wrote tonight....a little hokey, but I liked it. I hope you do too!

The Tale of LilacFlame

She was 5ft 4, 180 pds of pure fighting fury. She always wore black to confirm her choice of practicing Nether magic. She was a Commander of many Knights in her Guild, and she was often called upon for help against multi-mages. She loved her guild, loved her guildmates, and reveled in attacking those who had no honour.

Suddenly as Archmage breaks into unholy chaos because of administration issues, she finds herself more and more in a fog, peering out occasionally but not really caring what happens to the Guild she had once loved as she comes under attack by the Leader, who does not like seeing a woman in a place of such importance, more, he doesn't like her personally, so he attacks her self-image, her knowledge of the game, and finally laughs at her naivite of believing that he didn't cheat on something, and her idiocy of protecting him on the boards. Feeling betrayed and hurt she gives up her place in the Guild, her part in Archmage. Pulling the fog around her she goes to sleep, to dream of better days, of sweeter times.

Six long years pass, and filtered through the fog, she hears people talking about "the Reincarnation". Aroused by this, she begins to open her eyes, to listen more closely, and to slowly push the fog away. As she comes out of her cocoon of fog, her eyes catch her reflection in a mirror leaning against the wall of her chamber. "Is that truly me?" she asks herself. Looking closely she realizes with shock that she has lost 30-40 pds, and her long red hair has turned white blonde somehow. She shakes off the thought that she really looks GOOD this way, and turns her mind to more important matters.

Who that she knew is still around the land? She finds a few here and there that remember and welcome her with cries of joy. Her heart is lifted even more to find that the reason she left is long gone, and not coming back to hurt and harass her again.

"Well then I will join, and I will FIGHT, and I will relearn what knowledge I have lost in the fog of sleeping. And from this day forward I will not let anyone hurt me enough to quit this Archmage that I love so much, and have loved for so long. I will learn the spells again, and I will rally my troops and I will hit those that are dishonourable with vigor once again.

Gentle Ladies and Kind Sirs;" I AM BACK! " shouts LilacFlame. "Now let the Games Begin!"

With that she begins spinning around in joy, her long blonde hair whipping around her as she begins to laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Truth of Knights and Mages

The truth of knights and mages,

shall stand throughout the ages,

Six things they will demand,

if denied they make no stand.

The first demand is somewhat simple,

no need to muss your wimple,

serve them fish and roast and fowl,

tofu simply makes them growl.

To the second use common sense,

lest you cause them some offense,

offer heady ale for all the toasts,

then sit back and watch them boast.

The third is somewhat harder,

for there's no wench in your larder.

Find one that is full-busted, easy and rosy,

then step back and let them get cozy.

Number four takes little work,

yet heed it or be thought a jerk,

show deep respect to Mage and Knight,

or arm yourself for quite a fight.

Next is five, I hope your listening,

make sure their room is clean to glistening,

with grand appointments and lots of room,

offer them no shabby spot or contemplate your doom.

To number six we come anon,

get this one right or he'll be gone,

of geld I speak last, but not least,

pay til it hurts or unleash the beast.

Welcome LilacFlame! :) It is good to see another wanderer from Terra Old come home. B)

Love yer poem too! (I know Tofu makes me growl. ;) )

Thanks for the great welcome!! I must say that on the line about tofu I was thinking about GeldrinHor...but I couldn't fit in how he hates veggies so I used Tofu..which he hates just as much...I am with him on that part at least. grin

LilacFlame sighs and stares at her fingernails as she continues to wait for the Elder of Initiates, trying her best to ignore the messy wasteland of discarded paperwork that clogs the Office's furniture and floors. It was far from clean, and further still from glistening... in fact, there were so many shabby spots that there was hardly any room to stretch one's legs. LilacFlame sighs to herself and watches Lord Panther as he paws one of the many crumpled pieces of paper and begins chasing it around the room, smirking at him for still being a kitten at heart. She stretches her arms and moves her hands through her white-blond hair, wondering if the Recruiter will accomodate for the lack of space with some extra wimple. As if on cue, the sound of the Office window slamming open causes LilacFlame to turn. Lord Panther jumps as Wyvern tumbles into the Office with an oblong box clutched between his claws. The overgrown lizard hisses a loud string of curses as he struggles his way out of a pit of discarded tax forms, then sets his box down and waves to LilacFlame.

"Greetingsss, LilacFlame. Welcome!"

Wyvern steps forward to greet the new applicant, then pauses and turns back for a second to pick up his box. LilacFlame squints at the words scrawled over the box's wooden lid as Wyvern wades towards her through the paperwork.

"Almost Dragonic Brand Ogre Alphabet Ouija Boards™...?"

"The one and only!" Wyvern winks and shoves the box into LilacFlame's hands as a "welcome" gesture. "Go ahead and try'er out for a couple of words, I'm gonna read over your sheet anyhow."

LilacFlame watches Wyvern pluck her application piece from a rather chaotic-looking pile of discarded blueprints, then glances at the box in her arms with a curious blink. She waits until Wyvern has started reading her poem, then carefully pulls off the lid... only to stare at a board of three letters placed in large triangular grids. The only letters represented are U, G, and H.

"You'll end up ssspelling all sorts of neat things with it." Wyvern folds LilacFlame's application piece and grins in her direction. "'UGH,' 'GUH,' 'HGU (hug),' you name it! And if you turn it upsidedown, you can even pass off the 'U' as a lowercase 'N,' allowing for such great words as, errr... 'nGH.' Yours for only 50 geld (plus tax), for a limited time only."

LilacFlame stares blankly at Wyvern and shifts the box through her hands, wondering if the lizard might be at least half-joking. Once she decides that he isn't, she sets down the box and stares at him expectantly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What? Oh, thisss?" Wyvern waves LilacFlame's application sheet in the air. "Good stuff, there're some really nice marketing strategiesss listed in here. I put large red check marks next to the first, second, third and sixth demands, though how you plan on keeping the level of respect and cleansliness up when there's booze, broads, and beserkers in the same room is beyond me!"

Wyvern snorts and grabs his Acceptance stamp from a nearby pile of stamp receits, promptly stamping LilacFlame's application ACCEPTED. The reptilian Elder then hands the sheet back to LilacFlame, only to cling to it when she tries to pull it from his claws.

"Did you know that if you purchase multiple Almost Dragonic Brand Ogre Alphabet Ouija Boards,™ you can create longer wordsss? For example, set five of them on the floor side by side, and you can create bold new phrases like 'GUHHGUGHUUGHGnH.' And wait, what's this... a ssspecial '250 Ouija boards for 12499 geld' sale?!" Wyvern continues clinging to LilacFlame's application sheet. "That's an entire geld in savings! But better act quick, thisss offer won't last long (they're being disposed of soon)."

;-)

OOC: A very nice application piece, LilacFlame. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :-) I ACCEPT this application under one condition: that you leave old AM grudges behind when writing on these boards. We have many members here who once wrote in Terra of Olde... If the anonymous Guildleader person you refer to should start writing here, you will treat that person as you would treat any other member of the Pen - with kindness, caring, and respect. With this in mind, I'm happy to see you writing here, and am looking forward to reading more of your stuff as well as participating with you in collaborative projects. :-) Welcome, once again.

LilacFlame sighs and stares at her fingernails as she continues to wait for the Elder of Initiates, trying her best to ignore the messy wasteland of discarded paperwork that clogs the Office's furniture and floors. It was far from clean, and further still from glistening... in fact, there were so many shabby spots that there was hardly any room to stretch one's legs. LilacFlame sighs to herself and watches Lord Panther as he paws one of the many crumpled pieces of paper and begins chasing it around the room, smirking at him for still being a kitten at heart. She stretches her arms and moves her hands through her white-blond hair, wondering if the Recruiter will accomodate for the lack of space with some extra wimple. As if on cue, the sound of the Office window slamming open causes LilacFlame to turn. Lord Panther jumps as Wyvern tumbles into the Office with an oblong box clutched between his claws. The overgrown lizard hisses a loud string of curses as he struggles his way out of a pit of discarded tax forms, then sets his box down and waves to LilacFlame.

"Greetingsss, LilacFlame. Welcome!"

Wyvern steps forward to greet the new applicant, then pauses and turns back for a second to pick up his box. LilacFlame squints at the words scrawled over the box's wooden lid as Wyvern wades towards her through the paperwork.

"Almost Dragonic Brand Ogre Alphabet Ouija Boards™...?"

"The one and only!" Wyvern winks and shoves the box into LilacFlame's hands as a "welcome" gesture. "Go ahead and try'er out for a couple of words, I'm gonna read over your sheet anyhow."

LilacFlame watches Wyvern pluck her application piece from a rather chaotic-looking pile of discarded blueprints, then glances at the box in her arms with a curious blink. She waits until Wyvern has started reading her poem, then carefully pulls off the lid... only to stare at a board of three letters placed in large triangular grids. The only letters represented are U, G, and H.

"You'll end up ssspelling all sorts of neat things with it." Wyvern folds LilacFlame's application piece and grins in her direction. "'UGH,' 'GUH,' 'HGU (hug),' you name it! And if you turn it upsidedown, you can even pass off the 'U' as a lowercase 'N,' allowing for such great words as, errr... 'nGH.' Yours for only 50 geld (plus tax), for a limited time only."

LilacFlame stares blankly at Wyvern and shifts the box through her hands, wondering if the lizard might be at least half-joking. Once she decides that he isn't, she sets down the box and stares at him expectantly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What? Oh, thisss?" Wyvern waves LilacFlame's application sheet in the air. "Good stuff, there're some really nice marketing strategiesss listed in here. I put large red check marks next to the first, second, third and sixth demands, though how you plan on keeping the level of respect and cleansliness up when there's booze, broads, and beserkers in the same room is beyond me!"

Wyvern snorts and grabs his Acceptance stamp from a nearby pile of stamp receits, promptly stamping LilacFlame's application ACCEPTED. The reptilian Elder then hands the sheet back to LilacFlame, only to cling to it when she tries to pull it from his claws.

"Did you know that if you purchase multiple Almost Dragonic Brand Ogre Alphabet Ouija Boards,™ you can create longer wordsss? For example, set five of them on the floor side by side, and you can create bold new phrases like 'GUHHGUGHUUGHGnH.' And wait, what's this... a ssspecial '250 Ouija boards for 12499 geld' sale?!" Wyvern continues clinging to LilacFlame's application sheet. "That's an entire geld in savings! But better act quick, thisss offer won't last long (they're being disposed of soon)."

;-)

OOC: A very nice application piece, LilacFlame. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :-) I ACCEPT this application under one condition: that you leave old AM grudges behind when writing on these boards. We have many members here who once wrote in Terra of Olde... If the anonymous Guildleader person you refer to should start writing here, you will treat that person as you would treat any other member of the Pen - with kindness, caring, and respect. With this in mind, I'm happy to see you writing here, and am looking forward to reading more of your stuff as well as participating with you in collaborative projects. :-) Welcome, once again.

As LilacFlame realizes that she is losing the tug-of-war with Lord Wyvern she frantically looks around for aid...Panther seems to be watching their antics with smug feline amusement. She pins him with a glare and nods meaningfully at Lord Wyvern's right foot, prodding Lord Panther to parade across the room in a liesurely manner until he is posed directly over Wyvern's right foot. With a nod to each other Panther jumps on Wyvern's right foot as LilacFlame accidentally loses her balance and stomps on his left. Under this unwarranted dual attack Lord Wyvern drops the application sheet to protect more tender areas of his person from assault. Clutching the rather dingy form to her breast as if it were the Holy Grail she thanks Lord Wyvern for his kind words, and begins backing out of the room before he tries to sell her something else she can't afford and can find no use for. "Thanks again Lord Wyvern, you will not be disappointed, I vow."

And thank you Panther.

Wyvern, I promise to heed what you asked.

Sincerely,

LilacFlame

O_O

Zounds.

I have no idea if you remember me, Lady, but if you are who I think you are (used to be Lady LilacFlame?) it was thanks to the warm welcome and pleasant company that you and an Ozzy mage named...Fylar? Yes, I think it was. Anyway, it was your welcome, or someone who you already remind me of in name and speech of quite a lot, nine years ago that helped me get comfortable in Archamge right from the start. So, since this place came directly from that time...well, you can understand why I'm feeling a bit happily astonishedly nostalgic.

What I'm trying to say, in short: Welcome. Very good to see you. :>)

(and to make sure there's no room for misinterpretation, the same conduct that Wyv so cleanly outlined will be fully expected of the above GL, should he ever enter our borders)

~Ozymandias~ :dragon:

A yellow sticky note has been unobtrusivle y added to Ozymandias' back.

Addendum:

Or his head will be eaten.

Politely.

Sincerely,

O_O

Zounds.

I have no idea if you remember me, Lady, but if you are who I think you are (used to be Lady LilacFlame?) it was thanks to the warm welcome and pleasant company that you and an Ozzy mage named...Fylar? Yes, I think it was. Anyway, it was your welcome, or someone who you already remind me of in name and speech of quite a lot, nine years ago that helped me get comfortable in Archamge right from the start. So, since this place came directly from that time...well, you can understand why I'm feeling a bit happily astonishedly nostalgic.

What I'm trying to say, in short: Welcome. Very good to see you. :>)

(and to make sure there's no room for misinterpretation, the same conduct that Wyv so cleanly outlined will be fully expected of the above GL, should he ever enter our borders)

~Ozymandias~ :dragon:

Oh OZY I have missed you SOOO much!! Should I call you the Great OZ now?? Or what would you prefer??

I remember you very well, and yes, I am THAT LilacFlame....a bit wiser now I wouldst say. It is so nice to be warmly welcomed where I was almsot afraid people would throw things at me...grin.

HUGZ

A yellow sticky note has been unobtrusivle y added to Ozymandias' back.

Addendum:

Or his head will be eaten.

Dear "Death of Rats" I have no words to say how you make me feel by your comments:

perhaps Warm and Fuzzy all over? :P

ROFL! MY THANKS!!

Politely.

Sincerely,