For whom do we play our parts,

to please what man?

Whom but those whose thoughts

Are but our dreams!

What life, to please them

whose life so like mine own,

That by breathing only

I might make them smile.

So, I attended a conference on gaming late last week. That explains about 2 days of inactivity. What have I been doing since then? Reflecting on my new life in which I am a part-time contract programmer for a game company, that's what! This is just a spare-time thing, and no money until such time as the game is finished and making the company money, but it's an amazing opportunity for me, who has wanted to make games for so long. I spent much of the day at the conference talking to this woman who's more or less in charge of this company, and then met with them this weekend where I heard more about the actual game that they're making, and am doing so again next weekend to find out what my exact role will be.

There's still a lot for me to do before that meeting, and yes I am making my life busier overall but I still intend to be around here a whole lot more than I was during that recent period where I'd disappear for weeks at a time. Bottom line for this next week is that there's a number of threads I need to post in and a couple of PMs that I need to give my attention to, and I'm just hoping that everyone understands if the going's a bit slow. After that, I'll have to play it by ear; I'm not sure how much time I'll need to devote to this, and I guess it's going to depend what's going on at the Pen at any given time too. I plan to keep going on my vignettes and my novel (albeit slowly) and I suspect that other solo writing projects (none of which I have ever completely given up on, by the way) will stay silent still longer, but that should surprise no one since I didn't quite get to the point where I had revived any of them yet.

Love you all and long live gaming!!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... so I'm coming back from months (Years? Who knows...) of inactivity and reviving a slumbering thread, but there's a reason for it. I swear!

In an effort to do something other than read my assigned books, I decided to visit the Pen to see how things were going, and being more of a Cabaret Room type of guy, I figured I'd stick to this place in my endeavour to catch up on what was happening. I scrolled down the page looking for names I knew, and upon seeing Katzaniel's, figured this thread was worth reading, not because she used to wear the "Eater of Non-members" badge that had me scared, or because she was the object of the best (and only!) love letter I've ever written, but because I remembered telling her long ago that I would write something for one of her projects, and failed to do so.

So congratulations Katz for obtaining such an opportunity, and sorry for neglecting to finish my story for your project. I doubt I will ever try to participate in one of those again, but should the situation arise, please remember that I suck at meeting deadlines.

Edited by Tyrion

Hey Gwai, Tanuchan.

I'm only back in Official Weenie -I don't have that title for nothing- fashion though. I'll try to pop in and look around a bit more often than was the case in recent years, but I predict that I will fade back out of sight eventually.

Oh, Tyrion, that post gave me a good laugh. I think I recall the project of which you speak, and don't worry, it wasn't finished by very many people. Besides which, I have a certain knack for not finishing things myself. Or at least, being very very slow at finishing them.

I remember that love letter, too. Finnius, Ozymandias, you - you guys are all crazy. Good times though.

I wonder if I should dig that thread up and read it again, or if I'd die laughing if I did?