The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Around the Ring of Fire

Foolish sits next to Zepheri on the bench outside the applicant's office, quietly waiting

if anyone had asked he would had told how impressed he was with her writing ability

he would have told how enthusiastic he was to have her here

he would have told how proud he was to consider her a friend

but no one has asked... for the time being

so he sits with his friend, quietly waiting

Zepheri looks over to her friend and smiles.

If he had asked her, she would have told him that she was happy to know he liked her story

Or that he was waiting with her. She doesn't feel lonely anymore.

Zepheri and MeThinksUFoolish raise their heads as they hear a slow shuffling sound approaching the Office door. Their eyes widen as they notice a figure wrapped from head to toe in a long roll of parchment. The mummy's arms stretch out and weave from side to side, hitting walls and knocking over expensive Mynx Vases. A wrapped tail and stinger drag behind him, shifting across the Pen carpet in an irritating scratch of fiber. Zepheri and MeThinksUFoolish freeze up as the mummy passes by the outdoor bench. They notice the tag "Pen Reperations Bills" written on a coil wrapped over one of the mummy's head spikes, and hold their breath as the figure passes into the Office door. Zepheri stares at the ground for a long moment, then slowly turns to MeThinksUFoolish.

"Wh-who was that, Savage Dragon?"

MeThinksUFoolish raises his chin up in an heroic poise, rubbing the back of his hand across his chest and flashing a smug grin.

"Well, I think that might have bee-"

"AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Zepheri and MeThinksUFoolish cringe as a crashing sound echoes from within the Office, followed by several clanging and collapsing noises. Zepheri stares at the ground again, then hops off of the bench and approaches the Office door.

"We should really go in."

"W-wait." MeThinksUFoolish bites his lip and stays frozen in place. "Err, m-m-maybe we should wait."

Zepheri ignores MeThinksUFoolish's shakey voice as she steps in front of the Office door. It swings open before she has a chance to reach for the handle, however, and she takes a step back as a bruised and battered Wyvern pounces out of the room. The overgrown lizard raises a claw as his eyes dart from Zepheri to MeThinksUFoolish, and he snorts a brief smoke ring before speaking up:

"Pen Disssaster #108: Bouncing DoctorEvil Statue Dominates Pen's Floors and Ceilings." Wyvern shakes his head and lets his eyes droop down to the beginning of the unraveled bill. "I'm drained, come back in the next four or five yearsss for yer taxesss."

"Taxes? W-wait, I'm not a collector!" Zepheri grabs her application story and thrusts it in Wyvern's direction. "I just wanna apply."

Wyvern casts a suspicious look at Zepheri, then licks a claw and plucks the application from her hands. The reptilian Elder glances over the story, then frowns and ruffles the page in front of himself.

"Are you ssssure this isn't some subtle way of saying 'better pay off your taxes or we'll twist swords in your wrists and ankles before setting you on fire'?"

"No, no!" Zepheri shakes her head. "Honest, it was written from the heart."

"O.K, I just ask 'cus that's the typical IRS approach." Wyvern examines the sheet again. "I can certainly sssympathize with the bit about being judged unfairly... I would advize against letting Tamaranis see this document until you've gotten to know him well, lest his fangs do the talking for him."

Zepheri opens her mouth to respond, but Wyvern darts back into his Office before she has a chance. He reemerges with her application sheeted stamped "ACCEPTED."

"Now that that easy bit has been taken care of, you'll have to help me clean up that broken vase down the hall." Wyvern lets out a dismal sigh. "Mynx won't be happy if she finds that 'Flexing Gryphon' porcelain shattered, and I've got enough bills to pay as it stands if y'know what I'm saying."

;-p

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, Zepheri. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I look forward to reading more of your writing, and participating with you in interactive threads. I hope you find us a friendly and welcoming community to share your writing with.

Welcome to the Pen Zepheri. Quite an interesting (for the lack of finding a better word now, and so copying the others before me) story you've written, one which as Ayshela has stated some people should read. I wish I had also read this a few years ago, then I might have done some things differently in my life. ;)

I hope you shall enjoy your stay at the Pen!

Welcome to the Pen Zepheri. Quite an interesting (for the lack of finding a better word now, and so copying the others before me) story you've written, one which as Ayshela has stated some people should read. I wish I had also read this a few years ago, then I might have done some things differently in my life. ;)

I hope you shall enjoy your stay at the Pen!

Why thank you Patrick I'm glad you like it so. ^_^ *hug*