The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Save the Princess; OOC

Gwaihir

As you walk in, a little dwarf nods and smirks "Do you like court politics? Ever wanted to be the last man standing? Or perhaps you just enjoy a good group story where everyone's your friend? Come on in then.

"If you think you're up to it come in. But I warn you, the king doesn't take kindly to failure so you won't leave our world until someone succeeds....unless you're exiled. We're very friendly people in this kingdom and as such we expect ...or may I say require that of all our guests.

OOC:In case the dwarf didn't give you enough details:

Everything is RPd and we want to figure out what NPC kidnapped the princess. Everyone will need to make a new character to fit into a setting of courtiers or bounty hunters.

1/2 to 1/3rds of the players will get a clue. If you can put all the pieces together first then your character will be honored above all.

PMs are allowed though all PMs must be sent to me.

Every four days each player may send me a PMd vote about any character they find intimidating, alarming, offensive or just plain don't want to see again. If anyone gets one third of the votes their character is exiled.

I'm hearing that this needs a bit more clarification, so with permission I"m posting a conversation snippet.

Patrick Durham: so basically there shall be X players, some NPCs, one of the NPC's guilty, some players will have clues, others will not, and players have to find who the killer is?

Gwaihir: yes though there will also be rounds where one can try to vote out someone (because they have more clues, or to threaten them whatever)

Patrick Durham: and can you pretend to have a clue when you don't have one?

Gwaihir: for sure!

Gwaihir: if it seems to hard because of fake clues the dwarf will give out clues again

I'm not really sure if I understood this... but count me in, too.

Question: how frequently should we post? I'm going to get busier from the 1st on, and with the Werewolf games also going on, I'm afraid to commit myself to more than one thread that asks for close posting :)

So, what characters are we all using?

Once we all have characters posted, I'll pass out clues. Unless more than one person joins before I pass out clues, I'll be passing out four clues.

Edit: What kind of characters? These characters will all need to be at least mildly at home in court politics but no need for them all to be courtier types. As long as it fits mercenaries or what not would be quite interesting (PM me if you're not sure, but I'm cool with most anything that makes sense.)

Edited by Gwaihir

Adrian Bowe had been raised in the court, the child of one of the ladies-in-waiting. He had a knack for entertaining, even from a young age, so he naturally fell into the role of court jester. Tall, muscular, and athletic, with short brown hair, he was the best acrobat and juggler for three kingdoms. He has a keen mind for games of strategy, and has long been watching and learning. Some people suspected him of being a spy, but never knew who for. Besides, he always had a good reason for being found where he shouldn't be...

Alfonso de Margarita

Alfonso is your typical spanish charmer in his early thirties. Black, shoulder-length hair, black eyes and that typical mediterranean complexion about him. He is a riding instructor at the court, teaching anyone who wants to and can pay, how to elegantly or speedily ride horses.

OOC: more might come, if I find more ideas.

Edited by Patrick Durham

Lady Yvonne D'Ander

Lady D'Ander is was you might call a man-izer. 25, single, and very very pretty, she is usually surrounded by young men trying to court her, and will giggle at the slightest provocation. She isn't exactly stupid, but she doesn't encourage intelligent conversation, either. She'd much rather talk about the newest fashions, or who won last night's horse race - or gossip about who kidnapped the princess.

Dennis would much rather be the princess than be with her…He loves dressing up in all the fancy dresses, but only does this in secret. In public he attempts to be a typical male, but fails miserably because his feminine manners give it away within the first thirty seconds of talking to him. He normally pronounces his name the French way making it sounds like he’s saying Denise instead of Dennis.

The Dwarf

No one seems to know Terrace's name and most people seem to just call him the dwarf but for those who want something more personal, Terrace is as good as any.

As for his personality, he is very short very grumpy and very mysterious.

Imar Say'ina is an explorer, vagabond, and sometimes-diplomat who had the (mis)fortune to be in this particular part of the world at the time of the princess's disappearance. He is dark-skinned with black hair he usually keeps in a ponytail. His conversation tends towards the laconic, but is always interesting.

Erylin Serandar, daughter of a minor noble family. She is one of the ladies-in-waiting for a noble woman *. 20 years old, she's not a beauty, but pretty enough to sometimes attract the attention of noblemen, being however apt at declining any unwanted invitation. Apparently shy, no one knows for sure if she's just one more of the ladies-in-waiting or a very discreet and cunning councilor for her Lady.

* I have no idea if we can set an interaction between players... if so, anyone can take this role - the Lady whom Erylin serves. Otherwise, maybe Gwai can provide an NPC....

If the character doesn't fit, please tell me and I'll modify it :)

Edited by Tanuchan

Tanuchan, sounds awesome to me. If someone wants to be the lady that's cool. If you want an NPC played by you or me or anyone else that's cool too.

This also means that we've all posted now. Give me a day or so and I'll start the Game thread and PM clues to those I PM them to. (Clues are being decided by rolls of the dice for those curious.)

We're in no hurry. I guess I sort of want to get the game started but once it's started I imagine it moving along rather lazily.

The rp/game will exist to please us, the players not vis versa. If we need to delay it for something or someone we will. My goal is to not leave anyone out.

Tanny, Erylin can be Lady D'Ander's maid, if you wish ... but the stipulation would be that the kind of person Lady D'Ander is, she wouldn't think much of anyone not noble-born, and she doesn't think easily in shades of grey. I'm guessing from your position as a lady-in-waiting that she would see Erylin as not noble-born, which would mean that she wouldn't gossip with her - but she would gossip to her. Thus, if Erylin does act as a counsellor for Lady D'Ander, she would do it by cleverly making Lady D'Ander think that Erylin's ideas were actually hers.

(PS, I didn't answer your PM because I didn't know the answer, and planned to find out for you).