The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XXIV: (tentative) sign up

Tanuchan

I had instructions from Sweet for voting in case it was needed, however even if she had voted for Katz, she would have been lynched. So I'm opting for not posting her vote, since she has been absent from last night phase and this day phase, and might have changed opinion otherwise.

I'm cutting the Night Phase an hour short so to not mess my schedule - sorry for that, but I think you'll still have plenty of time to think and discuss. If there is any trouble, do PM me!

Good hunting - I'll update the scorecard next day phase.

~Tanny

PS. Sorry for being late... got busy elsewhere...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shakes head*

shame...oh well, thanks guys was fun ^_^

Edit: Annie will be hunting town a bit if I have time. She of course can now go where ghosts can go, and in my post I will constantly hint towards her knowing stuff.

Unless Tanny has a problem with this of course, but I will keep it all very vague and I won't even go into speculating anymore. :)

Scorecard

Enjoying Leif's tasty stew at the tavern...

• Katzaniel => Karen Zahn, the butcher's daughter
  • Patrick Durham => Cedric Fernsworth, a man in his early fifties who's to marry Susan, a 16-year-old girl
  • JDRollins => Joseph Gunalo. merchantile and general goods store proprietor
  • Mynx => Susan, 16-year-old girl to be married to Cedric;
  • Azuran => Tsal, 19-year-old boy who spends most of his time making small sculptures and figurines from wood
  • Panther => John, the town carpenter. He can do almost anything with wood, be it houses, cupboards or coffins and everything in between.
Enjoying the comforts of John's crafted coffins...48 hours to vote! :)

Vene, if you want to "haunt" the game thread, go ahead. Maybe you'll end up as one of the ghosts in your own house? :P Also, feel free to add any post dealing with Nathaniel's last wishes :).

Edited by Tanuchan

Scorecard

Enjoying Lillen's tasty stew at the tavern...

• Patrick Durham => Cedric Fernsworth, a man in his early fifties who's to marry Susan, a 16-year-old girl
  • JDRollins => Joseph Gunalo. merchantile and general goods store proprietor
  • Mynx => Susan, 16-year-old girl to be married to Cedric;
  • Azuran => Tsal, 19-year-old boy who spends most of his time making small sculptures and figurines from wood
Enjoying the comforts of specially crafted coffins...48 hours to vote! :)

Panther, feel free to joing the ghosts at Nathaniel's mansion... :P

Again, this is your only chance to catch the remaining wolf. If left alive, the night kill will end the game.

Good luck!

Edit: John's in John's coffins... okay, looked weird :P

Edited by Tanuchan

FINAL RESULT: wolves won - congratulations!

THE ROLES

Wolves: Katzaniel/Karen & Patrick Durham/Cedric

Seer: Panther

Baner: Jammeez

THE TARGETS (in chronological order)

Wolves: Venefyxatu (Baned) - Jammeez - Venefyxatu - Panther - Azuran (spared by the wolf in RP)

Seer: Katzaniel - Jammeez - Mynx - jdrollins (not really Seen, for the Seer was killed)

Baner: Venefyxatu - Venefyxatu (and Baner killed)

~~~~

Some quick explanations: with the lynching of jdrollins (innocent), the wolf needed just the night kill to win the game. So, I've decided to wrap up the game without giving a formal night phase. Azuran/Tsal was to be the kill, but Patrick decided for a change in the story... still, technically, wolves won - congratulations again on a well-played game! :)

Azuran, Patrick, Mynx, and I are writing a small series of wrapping-up posts. Anyone who's been transformed in ghost is welcomed to do the same :)

Congratulations to all players for a really fun game - at least for me. You're great RPers!! And I hope you have had as much fun as I have.

*hugs all*

~Tanny

PS. We already have a sign-up for next game... here

Edited by Tanuchan

It's really interesting thinking of all the different ways this could have played out.

For example, nightkill #2, after we tried and failed to kill Venefyxatu. I wanted to go for him again, knowing that the same person would very likely be baned again, and we would likely fail. My reasoning was that if it was Venefyxatu being baned, (which it was) then the baner would eventually (and at the cost of our nightkills for however many nights) come to the conclusion that the wolf was Venefyxatu. (If it was one of us being baned, then there would be 50% chance of breaking through, and then if we were lucky it would have been Venefyxatu himself that was the baner - after all, many baners bane themselves the first night) Anyway, then the baner would hopefully come out and accuse Venefyxatu, and we would have controlled a lynching and found out the baner. A bit risky, though, and Patrick wanted to go for Jammeez, which is of course what we ended up doing. I'm curious whether we would indeed have still won, if we'd gone that way.

Also, Patrick went for Panther, suspecting him to have been the Seer that last night. Before I died, I suggested that I didn't think Panther was the Seer. (I'd missed that line about being sure Mynx was innocent). If Patrick had missed it, too, or if he had agreed with my logic despite that line, then we would very likely have lost.

Also, a number of times we wondered if Mynx was Seer and cleverly relying on her being of use to us to keep her alive until she found the second wolf (since she would inevitably have already Seen Patrick). Also, we thought that killing Mynx might make Patrick less suspicious. But we wanted her alive, IC, and we really never needed any more reason to bring Patrick away from suspicion. I was the scapegoat for all hostility. ;)

Oh, and I want you all to know, I played Karen the same way that I would have, if innocent - I decided on her coldness and personality before knowing my role - until it became clear that she was going to die anyway (I never expected to pull through on the lynching of Sweetcherrie :P) and then I began to show her descent into madness. Descents into madness, by the way, are horribly fun to write.

Well, I think that's all I wanted to say. Incredibly fun game, and I will now revert to my regularly scheduled permanent innocence. :D

Were-Katz out.

Note, I am not saying that we wanted you alive because we figured IC that you'd vote with Patrick, although the thought crossed our minds and it did end up being the case. I'm saying we wanted it to end happily - for us if for no one else. Susan being killed by Cedric didn't much sense, anyway. I suppose if we'd had to do it, it could have been explained by Karen sensing you as a threat and doing it without Cedric's knowledge. - Although, to make it really work RP-wise, we may have then had to make the *next* nightkill as Karen!

*grin*