The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XXIV: (tentative) sign up

Tanuchan

Well, as I commented on the Q+A thread, I'll be trying to run a Werewolf Game while Gryphon's on hold...

The setting is the basic one: an isolated village in Winter, having trouble with werebeasts. If you're interested, please sign up here, with an idea for your character.

For new players, the rules can be found stickied at the top of this forum, and any questions can be posted here or PMd to me. The format will be the traditional for the Pen: 48h for day phases, 24h for night ones.

One last note: I'll be running this game if I get at least 7 people (that will probably give one werewolf and the Seer), preferably 9 to guarantee two werewolves and the Seer. I'll think about the Baner later on.

I'll leave the sign up open for at least a week... hope to see the old players back, and new ones too! :)

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the butcher's daughter. In my early twenties, I grew up helping my father and so got used to blood and bodies - now, I am taking medicine in a university nearby. I am just here to visit before I go back again. (Haven't decided yet what my mother is. Possibly she died when I was young.)

Will flesh out more later.

Appendum: If anyone wants to be a parent or sibling, go ahead and assume that I'm okay with it. ;)

Appendum 2: ie, parent or sibling of mine...

A vaguely familiar shape shimmers into view

I'd like to try and participate again, but I might miss a few turns. Tanny, I *warned* you :P

Sooo ... a character.

Nathaniel Blake Churnstone has bought the old mansion that stands just on the edge of town. He moved in just a week ago, and he doesn't seem to care about the stories of it being haunted.

In the week that he's lived there, the townspeople have gotten to know him as a man who won't use two words when one will do, and even then will often use only half a word.

Those villagers who dared to sneak or go up to the mansion and peek in through the windows have seen that most of the ground floor has been transformed into a library, which explains all the crates that were delivered. Whenever he's at home he seems to be reading or studying something, undisturbed by the sounds of the ghosts that might really be hunting the place.

Of course, the fact that he's deaf might have something to do with that ...

Annie; 7 years old and the spoiled brat of town.

Her mommy and daddy are loaded, and she has always gotten everything she ever wanted. She always has the newest toys, and definitely the fastest pony in town. Annie is however a lonely kid, her parents rather bought her a new doll then spend some time with her.

In looks she’s a Shirley Temple copy, only her curls are raven-black. She has a quick mind and an even faster tongue which makes it even harder for the other village kids to like her.

The rest will come as we go along....unless she dies way too fast (which is likely to happen, cause I'm looking forward to playing her :P)

*hugs The Bunny warmly*

Happy to see you around again, Leif :) I sure hope you have fun and that we can also see the continuation of the Saga of Leif the Bunny some time. :)

And so far we have...

Sweetcherrie => Annie, 7-year-old brat

Katzaniel => (name?), the butcher's daughter

Patrick Durham => character to come

Jammeez => Granny Jammeez, matchmaker

Venefyxatu => Nathaniel Blake Churnstone, owner of a so-believed haunted house

LeifTheBunny => Leif the Bunny, retired adventurer, tavern owner

*grins*

C'mon, we know *you* want to play also... ;)

Edited by Tanuchan

Well, let's see...we have Tanny running it, Jammeez and Leif joining it (didn't know either of them came here :P) and it sounds really fun. Pencil me in :)

Character: Name Joseph Gunalo. Occupation Store Proprietor (merchantile and general goods). A 30 something man who has seen adventure and doesn't talk much about it. Mysterious almost.

*hugs JD*

Welcome back :D Hope you have fun!

So we have 7... and the game is confirmed. I should be starting it around the weekend, I still hope for at least 9 so that it can be more fun to play!

Katzaniel => (name?), the butcher's daughter

Patrick Durham => character to come

JDRollins => Joseph Gunalo. merchantile and general goods store proprietor

Edited by Tanuchan

Thanks, Sweet. I had fun here a couple years ago, but haven't been involved in a WW game for a long time. I used to play it like mad on the K&C boards. Not to brag...I was one of the first to make it a story with characters and prose...more than just a game of pointing fingers. Wish they hadn't purged the old games over there. There were some very kewl stories!

Gnarlitch says he might pop in...we'll see. Don't hold your breath. :P

Ok I'm in but I have to warn you now that for a week from tomorrow I'm going to be away with limited net connection - I'll be able to participate but I don't know to what extent so I apologise now if a cyclone wipes out our net connection or anything of the sort...

My character's name is Susan. She's 16 and has been promised as a wife to one of the richer (and older) bachelors in the village to save her family from being cast out by poverty. They are to marry at the start of Summer but Susan is worried as she is meant to be going into this wedding a virgin, but is currently in the early stages of pregnancy. No one to her knowledge knows of this.

Feel free to throw in any character who could be a part of this fun little knot for her :P

Thanks for the character idea Mynx. :)

I'll play Cedric Fernsworth, a man in his early fifties, who has retired rich from a life of trading. Upon settling down he started looking for a wife, and fell in love with Susan, a 16 year old young girl. After negotiating with her parents, and giving them a large sum of money to help them out of their monetary difficulties the wedding was arranged. Cedric genuinely loves Susan and does not realise that she might not want this marriage.

*rushes back to study for his two upcoming exams*

Edited by Patrick Durham

At this rate, may as well change "(tentative)" to "Working off our Weenie Awards". Weenies were applied to people who didn't post in the annual roll call back in August or so, and while some wear their Weenies with pride*, one posting with Weenie or Working off the Weenie Award or similar in the title is sufficient to make the weenie disappear.

*DoctorEvil proudly sports a Triple Weenie with Oak-Leaf Cluster, I think.

**Finding the special symbols on a U.S. keyboard set up to Swedish keyboard layout is difficult.

At this rate, may as well change "(tentative)" to "Working off our Weenie Awards".

Could we? I'm all for it, after all WW players *do* write good RP!!!

And yeah, I've been "hunting" the old WW players ;)

And I'm *really* happy to see them coming back! Yay! :D

~Tanny

Edit: :blink: *re-reads and is pretty sure that some weenies are alreay gone*

Edit 2: updated list of players/characters:

Katzaniel => Karen Zahn, the butcher's daughter

Patrick Durham => Cedric Fernsworth, a man in his early fifties who's to marry Susan, a 16-year-old girl

JDRollins => Joseph Gunalo. merchantile and general goods store proprietor

Mynx => Susan, 16-year-old girl to be married to Cedric;

Edited by Tanuchan

Update:

I'm waiting for two friends - one of them currently having some trouble to come to these boards... but I should start the free-RP part of the game around the weekend :). Sign up will be open until the NPC kill in the first night, though.

To answer a question I received: at least right now, I'm not allowing PM alliances in this game - it's a too small group, and PM alliances would favor the villagers too much in my opinion.

Feel free to PM each other with background information and for other RP purposes, though - just nothing that characterizes an alliance :).

If we get 9 or more players, there will be two wolves, a Seer, and a Baner. Otherwise, two wolves and a Seer.

Also, I'm going to experiment something: if *after* the game starts a player has to go inactive, I'll manage his character. In this way, inactive players can still be a special role (I'll be rolling a dice for the targets, if that happens).

More info later on... :)