The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XXIV: (tentative) sign up

Tanuchan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that idea, Tanny, but would you then be posting and voting for them, too? If the seer goes inactive, you'd have a bit of a responsibility to try to act like the seer might, especially if one of your rolled see-ings indicates a wolf. Except that if we get a baner, it might *not* actually indicate a wolf - but you'd know that it did. I guess we just have to trust you to guess how they might react - or roll for their assumptions :P

Perhaps we could also let dead villagers take up inactive characters, if it became a possibility...?

you might want to hold off a bit on the game since Jrollins has had some family tragedy. not sure if he posted about it here :(

No, not here but I know about it. I'll start with a free RP day phase on the weekend, and he's free to enter the game at any point. I'll be PMing him when the game's up.

Well, the game thread is up...

...here.

It's free RP phase until Monday evening, when I'll post the NPC kill and send the PMs with the roles. Sign-up is open until then, so if you want to play - hurry! Just post a notice here and go to the game thread to have fun :).

On a side note: I'll be contacting JDRollins about his availability to play; if there's any change in his status, I'll let you know - I won't assign a baner with less than 9 players, unfortunately.

Enjoy! :)

Allow me to introduce: Tsal

A 19-year-old boy who ran away from home at the age of 14 and ended up here. Extremely shy, he spends most of his time making small sculptures and figurines from wood he finds in the surrounding forest. A few times a year he makes a journey to the city to sell what he can. He doesn't like to talk about his childhood or why he ran away, and you would be unwise to ask...

Ok, I'm gonna give this a shot...if its not too late... I apologize ahead of time if I mess it up too bad. :P

Alright... a name... how about John. Yeah, John.

John is the town carpenter. He can do almost anything with wood, be it houses, cupboards or coffins and everything in between. In the winter months, he prefers the warmth of his workshop to working on new houses, as he is getting older, and the cold doesn't treat him as well as a young man. Being so devoted to his work, he lives alone in a loft above his workshop, but welcomes customers and friends to visit his shop to see his latest works or to catch up on the news of the town.

(hope that's alright... if anyone sees anything that I should change, just point it out to me.)

Roles have been sent - check your PM box. Sign up is officially closed.

It's now Day Phase... 48h to vote. Remember that, if there's a tie or too many missing votes, I might give an extension (considering also that there will be a short board downtime on Wednesday morning); but after this, whowever has the most votes will be lynched.

Due to the number of players, I made a slight modification in the initial rule for baning: if one wolf of two is baned, there's a 50% chance of the kill happening.

Also, for any reason the wolves have the option of not killing in a given night.

And last... it's always good to remind you that the mod's posts (mine) dealing with NPC and general interaction or changing of phases are never to be taken as clues to the identities of wolves/seer/baner. I pick the characters that fit best the scenes I have in mind, whatever their roles.

Good hunting! :flower:

Edited by Tanuchan

As well as village Matchmaker, Granny Jammeez is a mother and grandmother...and great grandmother. ;)

There is room for familial relationships to be established. Who wants to be my grandchild? :D

hint: Granny is in her 90s and married at 15. She was married for 50 years before her husband died.

Just to help... if Jammeez had a child at 16, that child could have married and had her grandchild when she (Jamz) was in ther middle to late 30's. Let's say... well, 40 to give some more years. Then, "today" her grandchild would be around 40 - we could say 35-45 safely; a great-grandchild could be in their 20's also.

Does anyone want the role(s)? ;)

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

ooc if i don't get back before hand consider my vote for lord panther or who else will save my skin. need to think of what I wish to post

Giles, Your vote has been counted provisionally as for Panther, then. As it is right now, I'm sorry but I cannot assign it to anyone else because it would cause a tie with someone you haven't accused directly... later on, it might be different.

To all players: please, try to not give the decision of the vote to anyone else... be them the mod or another player (that means, please, no tying your vote to another one's). If you're unable to come back to vote, PM me - or vote early; any vote can be changed before the end of day phase, so that shouldn't be much of a problem normally.

Any questions PM me or post here.

Ah, yeah... day phase ends 8 hours from now. :)

(And you'll drive me crazy... 8 votes for 7 different people??? :P)

Edited by Tanuchan

Scorecard

Enjoying Leif's tasty stew at the tavern...

• Sweetcherrie => Annie, 7-year-old brat
  • Katzaniel => Karen Zahn, the butcher's daughter
  • Patrick Durham => Cedric Fernsworth, a man in his early fifties who's to marry Susan, a 16-year-old girl
  • Jammeez => Granny Jammeez, matchmaker
  • Venefyxatu => Nathaniel Blake Churnstone, owner of a so-believed haunted house
  • LeifTheBunny => Leif the Bunny, retired adventurer, tavern owner
  • JDRollins => Joseph Gunalo. merchantile and general goods store proprietor
  • Mynx => Susan, 16-year-old girl to be married to Cedric;
  • Azuran => Tsal, 19-year-old boy who spends most of his time making small sculptures and figurines from wood
  • Panther => John, the town carpenter. He can do almost anything with wood, be it houses, cupboards or coffins and everything in between.
Enjoying the comforts of John's crafted coffins...
  • Mark, the town drunk => first NPC kill
  • Giles Jordan => Adam, lynched
  • Jonathan, the tailor => second NPC kill
48 hours to vote! :)

I will be travelling from sunday evening (amsterdam time) to wednesday.

Appy will take over RPing Annie (if she's still alive by then of course)

*hugs Appy*

thanks ^_^

Correction: Appy won't be able to do this either, so if someone feels like playing a spoiled brad for 3 days...please let me know ;)

I'm planning to write a story version of this game, as it was done long ago with Werewolves II and III. So, please, I'd like to ask the permission of all players involved so that I can use their posts and characters, with due credits, in that story. And also to use the PMs I've received to set the background for the events. Otherwise, I'll just skip those who rathrer not appear in the story version. :)

Thanks to all!

~Tanny

Fine with me, Tanny. Sounds like a fun read! :lol:

Anyone else going to vote? Time is getting short... :huh:

Edit: Well, unless Leif changes his vote, I'll just roll a die to pick a target... :unsure:

I'll roll on RPoL.net, in case anyone with access over there wishes to witness it.

Go to Comedy Games > J*O*K*E. I am GMeez. (you'll have to ask for access)

18:26, Today: GMeez rolled 7 using 1d9. who dies.

That is Susan, I believe. :rolleyes:

Sorry, Mynx

Edited by Jammeez

Scorecard

Enjoying Leif's tasty stew at the tavern...

• Sweetcherrie => Annie, 7-year-old brat
  • Katzaniel => Karen Zahn, the butcher's daughter
  • Patrick Durham => Cedric Fernsworth, a man in his early fifties who's to marry Susan, a 16-year-old girl
  • Venefyxatu => Nathaniel Blake Churnstone, owner of a so-believed haunted house
  • JDRollins => Joseph Gunalo. merchantile and general goods store proprietor
  • Mynx => Susan, 16-year-old girl to be married to Cedric;
  • Azuran => Tsal, 19-year-old boy who spends most of his time making small sculptures and figurines from wood
  • Panther => John, the town carpenter. He can do almost anything with wood, be it houses, cupboards or coffins and everything in between.
Enjoying the comforts of John's crafted coffins...
  • Mark, the town drunk => first NPC kill
  • Jonathan, the tailor => second NPC kill
  • Jammeez => Granny Jammeez, baner and wolf kill
  • Giles Jordan => Adam, lynched
  • LeifTheBunny => Leif the Bunny, lynched
48 hours to vote! :)

Edit: Jammeez, if you want to "haunt" the game thread, go ahead. Maybe you'll end up as one of the ghosts in your grandson's house? :P

Edited by Tanuchan

I'm planning to write a story version of this game, as it was done long ago with Werewolves II and III. So, please, I'd like to ask the permission of all players involved so that I can use their posts and characters, with due credits, in that story. And also to use the PMs I've received to set the background for the events. Otherwise, I'll just skip those who rathrer not appear in the story version. :)

Thanks to all!

~Tanny

Please feel free Tanny :)

* wonders whether, if Annie gets a bunch of votes this time, we couldn't extend the day phase a bit *

It would give her a chance to defend herself; I doubt anyone would mind a couple of days; and besides, I don't want people not voting for her for the OOC reason that they'd feel bad about it! *grin* (Which, BTW, if we don't extend it, I *will* feel bad.)

Oh, and you've got my permission on that story-version as well.

* wonders whether, if Annie gets a bunch of votes this time, we couldn't extend the day phase a bit *

It would give her a chance to defend herself; I doubt anyone would mind a couple of days; and besides, I don't want people not voting for her for the OOC reason that they'd feel bad about it! *grin* (Which, BTW, if we don't extend it, I *will* feel bad.)

Oh, and you've got my permission on that story-version as well.

I have some instructions from Sweet about where her vote should go *if* I need it, but it wouldn't be really fair to whoever gets that blind vote. So, if Sweet's own vote could save her, I'm really considering an extension of a day - or maybe merging day and night phases... though I have to think carefully about this last option.

Anyway, yeah - I'm considering it :)