The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A one-sided Conversation

Gwaihir

I don't know how many of you have been shaken by a cloak before but it can be quite a confusing experience. This time Gwaihir was slumped at his desk still wearing the leaf-cloak given him by Gryphon and Tanuchan. The scene went something like this

a cloak made of leaves begins to shake a tossled elf

"No"

The cloak slaps him lightly

"Can't you see I have enough problems here?"

The cloak nodds its hood but then continues to shake

"One of my Wiggly Cabbages died and I had to go consol the patch. Leave me alone!"

This time the cloak's movements are clearly a negative. Next it points to the pictures on the wall that show different pen friends and then pushes Gwaihir out of his chair.

Gwaihir sat for a bit glowering before responding. "Yes, I know I have friends at the pen and no I am not sulking. I've been busy!"

The cloak shrugged its shoulder and pointed back to the portraits.

"It was hard work."

Shake shake shake

"Goshdurnit you're determined! Okay, so what is it?"

The cloak pointed to the to do list below

1) Make a to-do list so my cloak leaves me to sulk in peace.

2) Do laundry

3) Clean room

4) Water plants

5) Visit with Cabbages

6) Transplant the two lonliest Cabbages to see if that helps

7) Study up on the Wiggly Cabbage traditions during death and mourning

8) Write

9) Throw a promotion party for S

"Ohhhh. That's the one you're reminding me of!"

The cloak nods.

"HEY!" Gwaihir snaps his fingers. "I know! I've got a plan to make you leave me alone, get a great party for S and cheer up the Cabbages at the same time."

The cloak crossed its corners sceptically.

But it worked and six hours later one pennite found herself levitated out of her room, out of the window and into a crowd of friends who were waiting at the cabbage patch.

She blinked "how did you pull that one off?" she asked Gwaihir, baffled. "I didn't know you could do that sort of magic!"

He smiled. "Well, I can't, but Wyvern makes Picnic Blankets that are guaranteed to stay flat on the ground when the wind blows. After the last police raid I found one lying around and grabbed it. It didn't take much magic to make it levitate--the thing did it naturally. As for the rest--thank the Cabbages, Sweetcherrie!

OOC: Congratulations Sweet. A deserving full member as well as a swell person.

"Urrrgh, 'scuse me."

Gwaihir sighs and turns from the celebration for a moment, only to jump back as he finds an enormous troll bouncer wearing a maid outfit twelve sizes too small for his stature. The troll holds up a live peacock by the throat and dusts off Gwaihir's gardener smock to the sounds of painful bird screeches. He then grunts and beats his chest twice with his free fist.

"Ugh come to clean, lizard hire to help. Ugh wash too, use hot springs for clothes."

Gwaihir's eyes widen as two more troll "maids" enter into the Cabaret Room, carrying an entire hot spring dislodged from a mountain side between them. A man asleep at the side of the Springs awakens as the tight squeeze of the Cabaret Room doors causes the waters to quake. He screams at the sight of the surrounding pennites and flails for the bush where his clothes hang.

"Ugh also to pass on message, urrrr..." The troll scratches his chin and pretends to think for a moment. "Lizzy say, congrachtumalations Sweetcherrie. Ugh clean now, you rest."

Gwaihir raises a hand and opens his mouth to protest, but watches as Ugh rams the peacock into a chair to dust it off, splintering it into a million pieces. The other two troll maids gather around a dust bunny and begin beating at it with their clubs, causing tremor after tremor in the celebration halls. The bartender at the promotions party bar sighs as his glasses clink with every rumble, and crosses off "stirred" from the available martini options.

;-)

• 2 weeks later...