The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The One-Time-Only Pen Gazette

Sweetcherrie

*grumbles*

Minimondo too late........ buuuuut .......if I find the energy (somewhere in a far away country) I'll have a look at it....;)

Second phase sign-up is still open though :)

Edit: Oh, and just to make sure, whatever I will manage to do with this headline, I can really not accept any more.....sorry

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost done writing my last headline, and was wondering if the people that said they would be able to help me with the second phase are ok with me starting that somewhere in the near future.

I can imagine with Lost going on it would be hard to keep up with another RP.

Let me know what you guys are thinking :)

I'm still in, and I'll try to manage both :P The worst that can happen is being a bit slow to respond, or have somewhat shorter posts.

And, if there's no problem, I might (not positive yet) create a temporary character for the second phase, as Tanny is involved in "Lost" and it will get confusing to have her here as well :)

~Tanny

As long as you don't mind it NOT going at such a mind-baffling speed that Lost took of with.. I won't have a problem with starting phase two already ^_^

In fact, I'm looking forward to it.. I WILL use Appy, and we'll just have to see when it all takes place, won't we ^_^

I've just posted in the phase 2 thread... I hope it's something like that? I'm just supposing that "Abby" has already gotten some letters, because otherwise there would be no way to have an agony column :P

Let me know if you need me to change anything.

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

Since Patham is involved in Lost right now, I shall be making a new character for this. Short description follows here (I will not make a thread for him in the Piazza since I expect I shall only use him for the gazette).

Christopher Malcolm

Christopher is 37 years old and has done everyone involved with newspapers. In his teens he was a newspaper delivery boy, and later moved first into photographing and then writing and interviews. He had a short stint as assistant-editor for a magazine, but it did not last long, and was jobless until he heard of the One-Time-Only Pen Gazette. He has a very bad habit of smoking much too much, usually lighting one cigarette with the end of the previous one, and also drinks several coffees in one day.

Edited by Patrick Durham

The timeline here is that the Gazette is made before Lost ever happened.

It's pretty likely that various chars will be affected by what happens in Lost, including Sweetcherrie. :)

Edit: Oh, and if possible I would like to keep the OOC's here, that way the story will not be disrupted by them.

Posting here something I had sent Sweet :)

Celina Korran is a pretty fun and active person, and sometimes seems even a bit silly. She likes to help people, but the letters she get are so repetitive and clichéd that she makes a lot of fun of them before giving an answer. That might be coherent or not. She would even work together with the Horoscope Lady to adjust her answer to the day's horoscope...

That doesn't mean that she's insensitive - just that she thinks most of the letters are silly and people need a prodding to get back to their senses. That's the reason for her initial comment. And the one she thought interesting would probably be something so bizarre, that drew her attention - or so common but written in a funny way. I don't intend to deal with any serious problem - though, if one appears, she will give serious advice.

Venefyxatu shimmers into view.

I'm sorry for the delay ... I don't even have an excuse, just the age-old "not getting to it".

Just wanted to make clear that the predictions that "The Madame" gave in the thread are yours to do with whatever you want ... I've kept them rather vague on purpose; feel free to use them or completely ignore them. No matter what she thinks, The Madame isn't always right ;)

What?

Yes, she speaks about herself in third person ^_^

Welcome aboard Vene :)

I almost forgot to post this...just to prevent confusion.

This date Wyvern has just dragged Sweetcherrie on will have to happen somewhere close after the meeting has finished.

Also it would be nice if you could write Christopher into his office somewhere around that time.....maybe for desk research? pretty please? *looks at Patrick with puppy eyes*

Thanks Patrick :)

For all of you, Sweetcherrie will be available for phone conversations, and will probably also call you at certain times.

Also the people that you were asked to interview or write about.....they're me :)

Just poke me anytime you're ready for that, or I'll try and gently poke either one of you :)

• 1 month later...

Same here... sorry, had (have) RL trouble and my creative muse just curled up sulking in a corner. I did what I could in my last post, sorry for not being any better... and again, thanks and *hugs* to Azuran, Panther, and Vene for helping me with the letters. :)

Hopefully we'll soon have a new.... erm... well, whatever rank you choose ;)

~Tanny