The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Beauty Pageant Round Four

Mynx

CheerMynx once more mounted the stage and stood somewhat demurely (for her; this only means she wasn't physically bouncing around) next to the microphone.

"It is now totally time for the interview stage of this Pageant! Each and every one of the contestants will be asked their question backstage and then come up and give us a little speech on the answer! To make things easier for the judges and your viewing pleasure, we are taking the liberty ofasking everyone the same question: *CheerMynx cleared her throat*

What will you do for the Pen if you win this pageant?"

Smiling out at the audience, CheerMynx grinned.

"We'll be handing the question to each of the participants now, and as soon as they are ready they are welcome to join me on stage!"

OOC: Question will be PMd to everyone in case they mised this thread. As per usual, just answer in this thread. Round Four closes in a week. Apologies for the delay.

The previous round had left her feeling slightly undone, but she wasn’t planning on giving up. She would maybe not win, but at least she would be there, and fight for a good position!

She checked herself in the mirror, and walked back towards the stage. Backstage she heard CheerMynx announce the fourth round. She started thinking hard about what she would do for the Pen if she would win. Again she knew that her talents were none too special compared with some of the others around here. Suddenly she knew the answer and let out a small scream of joy.

The applause subsided and she waited calmly for her turn.

Edited by Sweetcherrie

Stumpy rudely walked infront of Sweet almost clomping on her toe in the process. Sweetcherrie moved just in time to see Stumpies evil grin enter the stage...followed by an insane laugh. The old stump hopped up to the microphone and began to speak.

Stumpy-"What will I do for the Pen if I win this pageant? I would rally all tree's and evil being through-out the Pen to rise up and take the place by storm! That's right! As ruler of the Pen I'd rain terror down upon all you forgotten souls and laugh! I would then train my troops to make your lives a living hell! That's what I'd do if I won the pageant! Oh, but have a nice day." With that Stumpy hopped off the stage with a wicked grin and a laugh.

Thomas shivered as Stumpy passed by and bestowed him a most wicked glance. Gulping, he stepped back and fell over a stool by the curtain, which in turn fell over him.

"No... not again..." Thomas' annoyed, muffled voice came from between the folds of the curtain and he finally crawled out from under it. Schooling his expression to hide his embarassment, he coughed and then strode purposefully to the microphone.

"What I'd do for the Pen? I'm a Minstrel. I'll sing its glory and its qualities, its purpose and its quirks, to all and every person I meet in my traveling. I'm skilled with music and song, and I can spread the verses you create here so that the world will know and recognize your talent."

He paused, and caught an almost imperceptible arching of eyebrows from some of the members of the audience. That, and a pang from his conscience, made him blush a rather deep crimson as he corrected himself in a lower voice.

"Erm... well... I mean, I'll certainly try. I'll confess that sometimes the words of a song or those of a poem just inspire me too much and I can't help myself but creating a.... new version... "

Bravely, Thomas smiled and looked straight into the eyes of the audience. "But if I might not help it, I can still talk about the Pen and spread the news about its existence. And I can create the music for your verses and your stories, so that you can teach them to those who want to memorize them and tell them in other places."

Definitely beaming, Thomas bowed and left the stage - this time looking around himself and carefully avoiding anything that might go out of its way to trip him.

(OOC: Some role-playing from Sweetcherrie and me... Those affected know they would be/are and can post now ;) )

Sweetcherrie waits patiently, and notices that the longer she waits the more she needs the toilet. She tries to put her legs together and forget about it, but somehow it doesn’t really work. Surely she would have time to quickly go to her room, and get back in time for the fourth round to start.

She runs off, but upon entering her room she steps on a roller-skate that Sweet had left lying around and flies head first into the age machine. From the shock of impact the machine starts working, and a moment later Sweet steps out. The girl knows that Sweetcherrie would have to come back soon, but as children are she doesn’t worry too much about it, and happily skips off towards the carnival thinking she will have more than enough time.

When she passes by the stage of the beauty pageant she sees Appy, and runs over to her.

"Hiya, whatyadoin?"

Appy looks up from the paper she was scribbling on, “Oh hiya,” she smiles.

Sweet tries to look over Appy’s shoulder on the piece of paper in the girl’s hands as Appy explains what she’s doing.

“Just trying to figure out what my sis could answer to that question in round four.”

As Appy notices Sweet trying to look she quickly hides the piece of paper from view.

“Nuhuh, don’t look! You'll use it yourself!”

“Nuhuh,” Sweet says, and shakes her head vigorously, “Sweetcherrie already knows what she will say.”

Appy’s eyes grow big, “Oooh, that's.. that's good then.” she looks demurely at her scribbles, “I have no idea what Apaltra could say really.. but something will come to me, I'm sure!”

Sweet nods, “But you know.. I'm a bit worried.”

“Worried?” Appy asks.

Sweet nods and whispers, “They are all sooo good.”

“Ooh!” Appy whispers as well now, “Yeah they are... I'm not sure if we can win anything at all! Specially with that Anna competing.. she looks way nice…” she finishes wistfully.

“Yeah, and she even wore the same dress as Sweetcherrie did, well almost at least.”

“I saw that! ... Apaltra doesn't even have a dress.. just not fair!”

Sweet shakes her head, “No, and all those snapesniffers, they have their own dresses always with them.”

Both girls think for a moment about this, and Sweet’s face suddenly lights up.

“I know how we can look as pretty as Anna…”

Appy’s eyes grow big again, “You do?”

“Well,” Sweet says, and starts whispering in Appy's ear.

Appy giggles once or twice, and nods. She then shrieks with laughter.

“Ooh that’s brilliant, let’s!”

“So we'll do that?”

“Yes!” Appy jabs the air with her finger dramatically, “To the dressing room!”

Appy wants to run away, but Sweet stays where she is, and Appy turns back looking at her friend with a question on her face.

Sweet looks very seriously at her friend , “You have to swear that you won't tell _anybody_.”

Appy mimics the serious face, “Of course not! It'll be our secret,” she looks pleased with herself at the idea.

Sweet smiles happily, and follows Appy towards the dressing room. The girls stop at a door, and Appy looks left and right.

“Sshhhh,” Sweet hisses and puts an unnecessary finger to her mouth, “We have to be very quiet”

Appy nods silently and turns the handle carefully, opening the door slightly, and peeks inside.

“Ok no one's here, let's go” She whispers as she slips in the room and looks around.

Sweet slides in behind Appy and makes sure that the door is closed so they won't be disturbed. Once inside she glances around, and sees a big cupboard. She dives into the clothes cupboard and emerges empty handed, but with a big pile of clothes behind her. Appy starts rummaging around at the big mirror's and tables which are along the walls.

“Nothing here, only Anna’s dress.” Sweet sighs.

“I found something!” Appy holds up a tiny feather, “It’s soft, do you think it's Patham's?”

Sweet looks closely, “It does look like it's his.”

Suddenly she sees a make-up case and bounces over.

“Alrighty!”, she shouts loudly, but quickly claps a hand in front of her mouth and stares at the door, hoping no one heard her shout.

“Look at this!” Sweet exclaims in a more hushed voice, getting all excited with the idea of painting herself. She sticks her hands in the make-up box and grabs a lipstick.

“Do you also want lipstick?” Sweet asks, and holds it up for Appy to see.

“Oooh I never did that...” Appy wanders over slowly, as if she's not sure.

“It's really cool, I did it with Sweetcherrie's lipstick a lot. Just sit down here,” She pushes her friend in the chair in front of the mirror, takes the feather from her hand and puts it carelessly behind her on the make-up table.

“How's that supposed to go?” Appy asks while she gets comfy, trusting her friend.

“Now what do I do?”

“Just sit very still” Sweet says and carefully starts putting lipstick on Appy's lips.

Appy tries various pouts and pulls faces in order to try and help Sweet resulting in some of it ending up on her cheek.

“Oops, don't worry I'll fix that”

Sweet grabs behind her without looking and her hands find a piece of fabric. She starts wiping off the excess lipstick.

“Now that's better,” Sweet says, and lets go of the cloth that now has big red smudges in it.

“Do you also want on your eyes?”

“Ooh yeah! But you should have some as well then,” Appy answers softly looking somewhat shy.

Sweet nods seriously, “You can do mine after, ok?”

“Okay”

Sweet sticks the lipstick back in the make-up box and takes out the blue eye shadow, “You need to close your eyes...”

As Appy closes her eyes, Sweet starts painting the blue on her friend's eyes and uses the same piece of cloth to correct where she went wrong. She then steps back and looks at her friend’s face.

“I think you look really pretty,” Sweet says honestly, “Do you want to do me now?”

Appy opens her eyes and looks at her smudged, clown-like face in the mirror.

“Woooow, that's so cool!”

She jumps off the chair and goes for the lipstick, “Uhuh! Your turn!”

Sweet sits down and sticks her lips forward, and Appy pokes at Sweet's lips with the lipstick, regularly grabbing the piece of cloth to correct her work until...

“Hmm, this one's all dirty already,” she says, and grabs a different piece of cloth.

Sweet smacks with her lips as she has sometimes seen in films, “Can I get green on my eyes?”

“Sure” Appy replies and smiles widely.

Sweet squeezes her eyes tightly shut, as Appy goes through the make-up case and finds some green eye shadow. She then also pokes at Sweet's eyes with the green powdered stick.

“Is it getting pretty?” Sweet asks, keeping her eyes tightly shut still.

“Uhuh! Just a bit longer...” She pokes and smears some more and steps back admiring her work with a big smile. “There! All done.”

“Yay!” Sweet exclaims as she opens her eyes and looks in the mirror.

Sweet's eyes grow wide as she sees the end result and she falls silent in awe.

“Now we're both pretty!” Appy says.

Sweet nods happily, but turns around with a shock as she hears someone walking outside the dressing room.

Appy looks at Sweet, slightly panicked, nods once and runs to the door at top-speed.

She opens it, looks around the corners, and makes 'hurry up' movements at Sweet with her hand.

Sweet quickly wipes all the make-up back in the case, leaving the table empty before also running to the door. In a whisper she asks Appy if she sees someone.

“Not yet, but we should hurry, there's someone coming around the corner!"

The girls run out of the dressing room, both covered in red, blue and green. Left behind are a broken lipstick, two ruined eye shadow brushes and a very, very dirty bikini packed together in the also smudgy beauty case. Floating above it, and gently touching upon it, is a small feather….

Post written with Venefyxatu's collaboration - thanks!

~~~~~~

Tanny enters the stage again, her grumbles pretty audible. Stephens takes the microphone, and looks at Tanny.

::What I can do... well, I'll tackle this question from the point of view of my present form, as I got stuck in this thanks to my friend Stephen.::

Stephen nods, and smiles to the audience.

"As you see, I'm here again to translate the words from our Wolf-Lady. So forgive me for using first person, as it would be closer to the actual words. So... What I can do ... of course, I'll be doing everything in wolf form, thanks to my good friend Stephen."

::Stephen, don't you start... ::

"Stephen, that is myself, shouldn't start..."

::Start what, Wolf-Lady? You seem a bit.. lost...::

Tanny keeps looking at Stephen with a wide grin - a wide, toothy, wolfish grin that isn't quite friendly, but Stephen glosses over it.

"... having to guide me, in spite of the need for translation. But anyway..."

::You'll have your retribution, for sure.:: With a mental sigh, she keeps on. ::I could say that I can help watching the perimeter of the Keep, and being part of any defense group when it's needed. However, that's something so natural for me, that I'd do it anywhere, without thinking about it.::

"You, meaning me, Stephen, will have an adequate compensation for the trouble." Stephen nods, as if thanking Tanny.

"I could say that I can help watching the perimeter of the Keep, and being part of any defense group when it's needed. However, that's something so natural for me, that I wouldn't even think about it... hahahahaha!!"

Stephen gasps and apologizes to the public, pushing back braided hair that had just gotten into his ear, tickling him.

::How did you do that?::

::I could say that I have quite a mood to serve as a cuddling comforter when it's needed - you know, wolf fur is really soft and soothing. However, I know that not many are so willing to be that close to a wolf. We are pretty independent, and certainly no dogs in spite of our playful ways.::

Still eyeing Tanny suspiciously, Stephen goes on with the translation.

"I could say that I have quite a mood to serve as a cuddling comforter when it's needed - you know, wolf fur is really soft and soothing. However, I know that not many are so willing to be that close to an agitated wolf. We are pretty independent, and certainly no dogs in spite of our behavior... ouch!!"

Tanny sits down in a relaxed way, looking at Stephen while he pushes back a braid that had suddenly slapped him across the face.

::Tanny, what was in that very nice-looking strand you gave me earlier? The one that I braided into my hair?::

The wolf winks at him, keeping on with her mindspeech.

::Well, then... I can only be what I've always been. A roamer, and an explorer. Someone who can explore the little known parts of the Keep's premises, and that can help mapping it without disturbing anyone or anything living there. Like a wolf - silent, careful, and daring when it's needed.::

Stifling an urge to just hold his braid, Stephen finishes.

"Well, then... I can only be what I've always been. A roamer, and an explorer. Someone who can sneak through the little known parts of the Keep's premises, and that can help mapping it, preferably without disturbing anyone or anything living there. Like a wolf - silent, careful, and daring if I really have to.... nnnghrnn... "

The judges look in wonder at the Ranger, by now struggling with his braided hair who had coiled around his neck and was evidently fighting him.

Tanny bows and leaves the stage with a satisfied note echoing in her mindspeaking.

::Trees and roots' fibers, Stephen... woven and rewoven with earth energy. That's what you braided in your hair. Nice, isn't it?::

~~~~~

Edit: typos

Edited by Tanuchan

Anna walked around the corner mumbling something to herself. Sh'd had a heck of a time preparing for this pagent and wondered to herself just how she accomplished such a task? Task before seemed so large and intimidating that it...in a way...scared her...but somehow managed to get through the massive event without too many mess ups. Well...there were the times that she tripped over her two left feet and one can't forget getting tangled up in the curtains...or stumbling over the various stationary objects. Anna also had to admit that she almost burned the audience to a crisp with her wild and unruly display of fireworks...ok, so she wasn't perfect...but at least she didn't kill anyone yet! Deciding not to think about the past, Anna focused on the future...the future being the upcoming rounds. Now she'd been racing all over the beach to acquire certain objects and she finally thought she had everything needed to finish this beauty pageant. It was a good thing too...she had run out of time to acquire what she needed and would be forced to work with what she momentarily obtained.

Anna-"Ok, now for the check list! Make-up kit...check. Bikini and formal dress...check. That should be about everything!" Anna gave a smile as she slowly but surely approached the dressing room. The next round was darn near about to start and she had some serious preparation to finish before this occurred. Yep, the time had come to kick the game into high gear...even if they crowd was starting to get to her. Opening the door to the dressing room, Anna became very unobservant of her surroundings and quickly took a seat in the chair next to her station.

Anna-"Now, it's party time!" Turning without bothering to look, Anna took up her beauty case and removed her make-up kit. Staring into the mirror before her, the Slayer reached her hand in and pulled out a broken eye shadow brush. Anna looked at it with wonder and couldn't quite remember breaking it, but finally came to the thought that it was always a possibility...anyway...she had a spare. Reaching in again...she once again pulled out a broken eye shadow brush and double checked to see if it was the same one. The Slayer had hoped that it had just been her imagination playing tricks on her, but as luck would have it...they were both broken beyond repair. 'Don't panic, Anna! You don't need eye shadow!' It was difficult to convince herself of this but she finally did so and reached in for a little lipstick. There had always been a tube of her favorite brand that she wore to all appropriate occasions...she simply couldn't go on without it. Anna gave a gasp as she pulled out of her make-up kit a broken tube of lipstick and all at once dropped it to the table below.

Anna-"You can do this Anna! The natural look...the natural look will be just fine! Who needs to paint their face anyway...you look great as you are...really!" Believing this to be the worst of the castastrophy...Anna turned to almost fall over in shock! The Slayer just caught herself before knocking her her head on the station...only to lay eyes on a highly smudged bikini...her only bikini! Thoughts of doubt and doom ran through her mind as their had been no time remaining to acquire another...that she'd spent all this time preparing for a moment that would knock her out of the pageant for sure! Why? Who would do such a thing!?! It was then that a hint of proof showed its ugly face..a .small feather that looked to be the owner of one of the contestents. Anna's hands started to glow with a white aura as her emotions began to rise...the aura turning into a holy energy that broke a hole in the nearby closet upon release. Managing to calm down...Anna took back what she could of her senses and nabbed the feather up with a violent tug.

Anna-"We'll just see what a certain someone has to say about this...shall we?" Storming out, Anna didn't bother to look back as she quickly made her way toward Patham's dressing area.

OOC: Written collaboratively with Black. Was nice to work with you. :)

Anna's emotional state arose to a new level of consciousness as she stormed in Patham's general direction. Not only did he break her eye shadow...she could've handled that...not only did he break her lipstick...she could've handled that as well. But he went and did the unthinkable...he ruinied her only bikini and with it her every chance to win this pageant! Anna's first glance of Patham was when he was sitting at his station and with a fit of rage she approached him and spoke. Beautiful white wings spung from her back as she changed into the form of an angel and stood before him with an intent to...at least be scary!

Anna-"I am Anna...the Arch Angel of Vengeance and I want to know just what you were doing at my dressing station!"

"Whawhawhat?" - Patham asked. "Your dressing room?" His expression was clearly puzzled, it looked as if he genuinely had no idea what Anna was saying, or he was a very good actor. "I don't even know where your dressing room is. Why? What happened?"

Anna gave an eerie chuckle at the poor fool's response and pulled out the feather found within her closet.

Anna-"Don't lie to me! I found this directly above the mess you caused! What do you say now?" Anna's emotions over took her as her hand began to glow with a white aura and broke part of the table Patham was sitting at.

Patham jumped away from the table in fear. He looked at the ruins of the table. "I honestly don't know what has happened in your dressing room, but I have no idea how that feather could have gotten there."

Anna gave a second grin as she couldn't yet control her powers and continued.

Anna-"Sticking with that lame story are we? Are you going to seriously stand there and tell me that you didn't break my eye shadow brushes and lipstick? This I could have handled...but you also ruined my only bikini and there's no time to obtain another!"

"It's not a lame story, it's the truth." - Patham said, a slight bit annoyed. "And I swear that I never touched your lipstick and shadow brushes. Neither your bikini. I didn't even know that you used lipstick." As he spoke, slowly an idea started to form in his head. "But if it wasn't me, then someone had to have been there, and possibly used your lipstick or eyeshadow. Why don't we check what the others look like?"

Anna's anger died down as she began to believe Patham...after all...it could have been someone else and what would he want with her stuff? Slowly the Slayer reverted to her true form and she dawned an apologetic expression. With a soft voice and a tear in her eye she began to speak.

Anna-"Im sorry for my actions...it's just...I'm new here and trying to fit in...when...you know..."

Patham gently wiped the tear away. "No need to cry." - he said softly. "I would feel the same way if my stuff was taken, and I am also still quite new."

"Come on, why don't we find those, or that person who messed with your stuff?" - he tried to look compassionate, and caring, but at the same time was also thinking about who had been trying to set him up with that owl feather in Anna's dressing room.

Anna gave a somewhat more happy look but still very sad.

Anna-"Thanks...I just don't know what to think anymore. I didn't think I stood a chance anyhow, but with this catastrophe...anyway...thanks for your kindness."

"Don't be so pessimistic. I thought that you were doing quite well. At least much better than me, who had missed one of the round's." - Patham said.

Anna smiled.

Anna-"Ya if ya count my stumbling of my two left feet and the time I almost burned the audiance to a crispy cream!"

The two of them left the room, intent on finding whoever had messed with the stuff in Anna's dressing room.

While the turmoil between contestents continues backstage, one of the armor-clad Elder Dwarves passes through the audience handing out small flyers. He clunks through the rows of soot-covered spectators until he reaches the judging pannels, where he passes out a flyer to each of the judges. Mynx, Gryphon, and Peredhil all stare at the small notes in unison, and glance towards one another as they read them over.

---

Wyvern presents...

Post-Pageant Pen

A short musical dedicated to Wyvern, starring...

• Wyvern as Wyvern
  • Sexy the Elder Dwarf as Orlan
  • Various troll bouncers as miscellaneous almost dragon worshippers.
Music provided by the Fumblefound Orchestra, as seen in Gyrfalcoshowzen

---

The audience murmurs as the orchestra begins warming up in the orchestra pit, humming out the tune of "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain When She Comes" with a variety of instruments. The only instrument that sounds out of tune is the tuba, which squacks out notes in nervous blurts. The music gradually quiets as the lights dim, and the curtain pile is pushed to the side by two troll bouncers. A spotlight pierces the darkness and falls upon Wyvern, who kneels in formal attire with his scaly head bowed. Clutching a microphone in one claw, the lizard raises it to his scaly lips and croons:

Oh before the Beauty Pageant I was small,

Dismissed for schemes all labeled 'off the wall.'

But once declared the victor you shall ssseeeeeee,

The Mighty Pen will be based around meeeeeee!

Wyvern jumps up from his kneeling position and spreads out his arms, breaking out into a grin. He places a crooked top hat on his head as the music becomes more upbeat and bouncy, and begins skippety-hop-tapping around the stage as he sings.

Oh the Pen will be a different place when I,

Can get a Quincunx kiss without a pie.

The tax collectors will all turn and fleeeeeee,

The Mighty Pen will be based around meeeeee!

Flutes cue up in the background as Sexy the Elder Dwarf enters stage left, the tag on his shirt labeled "Orlan." He approaches Wyvern hesitantly with what appears to be an autograph book.

Oh even Orlan will watch me in awe,

The greatest Pen icon he ever saw.

The Bachelor Auction will be hissstoryyyyyy,

Wyvern scrawls his initials in Sexy's book, then watches as the dwarf races off.

Oh with my fame I'll give the Pen a treat,

Statues, fan clubs, even gelding meets.

Nothing in these halls will be for freeeeeee,

The lizard lets out a cackle and twirls as troll bouncers begin circling him, weilding "I

The girls run around the corner and back to the stage. Finally they feel they are safe again, and still panting they stop running. Sweet looks at Appy.

“Jikes, that was close!”

"Waaay to close!" Appy agrees and pants a bit to get her breath back.

Sweet looks around to make sure they can't be seen from here, then her eye falls on the big clock that hangs back stage, one of the hands pointing to halfway round four.

Appy sees the stage and shouts, "Oh no! I still didn't finish Apaltra's speech, what is she going to do without it!"

"uhoh, I should get back I think!"

Appy nods, “me too. I'll see you later again ok?”

With those words she rushes off towards her pile of paper and starts scribbling again.

“bye bye,” Sweet waves and runs back to her room.

Once back in her room she dives into the agemachine, and two seconds later Sweetcherrie emerges. She looks at her watch, and forgets all about that she had to use the toilet. She runs towards the stage, and sighs with relief as she sees that she’s not too late yet.

Wyvern received a hesitant applause for his performance, and Sweetcherrie was probably the one that clapped the most enthusiastic, seeing that she has missed the whole show.

Her name is announced, and she steps forward. Once on stage she takes her time to look around the audience. She looks at the faces of her friends, and they all stare back at her with their mouths open. In her haste she hadn’t even looked in the mirror, and the image she was giving away was most uncommon. Her face was still covered in different colours of make-up, and it looked as if she should be wearing a read nose and a dotted bowtie instead of the elegant dress she was wearing.

Confidently she steps forward, unaware of her looks, and thinking how nice it is of her friends to still pay attention to her after what happened during the last round. She knows that her answer is the only answer she could possibly give, and takes the microphone.

“If I win, I will…. absolutely not change a thing.”

A murmur goed through the audience. Was she really saying that she wouldn’t do anything for the Pen if she won?

“I think my answer needs some clarification,” Sweetcherrie says with a smile.

“I haven’t been around long yet, but you’ve taken me in as if I was one of you to start with, and I’ve worked hard to prove that I was worth of this loving gesture. And as said, I will not change that, I will keep working hard, and give all my energy to keeping the Pen the place it is.”

With a last smile (that looks more like a clown’s grin) she turns around and leaves the stage.

OOC: First part co-written with Appy :)

Edited by Sweetcherrie

Anna stopped as she neared the stage and realizing the time gave a gasp of shock...there wasn't much time remaining to take the stage! Anna gave a sigh as she'd thought long and hard about her answer to the question and finally came up with the perfect, but perhaps most scary asnswer anyone can give. The stage went dark for but a moment and before long passed, a spotlight shined down on the location just in front of the curtains opening. Sparklers went off simultaneitiesly along the side of the stage at the same time music boomed out into the audience. The music was almost too loud for the crowd as the ones by the speakers almost fell deaf and were forced to cover their ears in pain. Anna came out from behind the curtain and took her place in the center of the spotlight. Giving a wave and a smile...she did a Johnny be good knee slide up to the Microphone and fell flat on her face onto the hard wood stage. With an..."OUCH!"...Anna slowly got to her feet as the music stopped and the scene fell silent. It was then that she raised her fist into the air and said...

Anna-"Are you ready to rock?" the sounds of crickets could be heard chirping in the back ground as one guy said..."Yes!". Anna held her head in shame as she began to answer the question.

Anna-"If I won this pageant I'd become a PPP...Potential Patron of Parties! I'll be apprenticing from our very own Wyvern to bring the party to you!" Horrified looks fell upon the crowd as if a plague of locust hit the scene. Anna raised her fist into the air one last time as the music restarted and the spotlight followed her off stage with one final line.

Anna-"Thank you and good night!"

Edited by Black9

Patham after splitting up with Anna rushed back to his room to grab a few things, then literally sprinted to the Beauty Pageant stage. He definately did not want to miss this round. He was greatly relieved when he arrived backstage to hear Anna still saying her part. He decided to wait for her to finish and walked around backstage finalising what he wanted to say. Then he spotted Sweetcherrie, who had some make up on. He said nothing, as Anna had just finished then. As he went towards the stage, he plucked the Almost Dragonic Brand Reverse Owl Eyeglasses ™ from the trashcan where the elder dwarf had put them and pocketed them.

As Anna went past he stopped her and whispered.

"I seemed to see some makeup on Sweetcherrie, you might want to check whether she has been near your dressing room."

He then stepped on stage and walked to the microphone.

"If I win this pageant, I don't know yet what I shall do. But I would talk to people, get their advice and then decide what I would do."

He paused. Everyone was silent, waiting for him to elaborate some more.

"You see, I am still pretty new here, and I wouldn't want to change this place unless it was for the better, and that is where everyone's advice could come in."

He smiled at stepped away from the microphone. A few people applauded, but not much.

Edited by Patrick Durham

Anna started to wonder if it was true, but the fact remained that she wasn't the only one with make-up...this was a beauty pageant after all. The Slayer would have to go about this a very sly and crafty way...a plan that involved ropes and pulleys and maybe a cage that would trap the ghost that she'd un-mask and...wait a minute...this isn't scooby-do! How then to handle such a moment as this? How about she just ask? With some work Anna managed to locate Sweetcherrie near the dressing rooms and casually walked to to her as if nothing was a matter.

Anna-"Hey there Sweetcherrie...how things going?" Anna paused for a second and then continued. "Nice make up...I was thinking of obtaining some...where to you get it?"

Edited by Black9

Patham had barely left the stage when the by now familiar cloaked figure hopped up the stairs. It gave him an encouraging thumbs up, then rushed to the front of the stage again. There he stood for a moment, surveying the crowd, completely quiet until the audience had gone silent as well. Then he hopped up and down a few times to gain altitude, and suddenly jumped up on the microphone.

With a sound that sounded almost eerie in the silence, it slid down to a for him comfortable level.

"I'm going to have to do something for the Pen after this? Only after this? Because, you see, I was already half planning on starting it today ... "

With a cough, he continued.

"As you all know, I'm a member of the VLF - the Vegetable Liberation Front. Now I have seen in these halls many vegetables being oppressed, butchered for eating pleasures. NO MORE, I SAY! The VLF shall have a chapter here, and together we shall work to bring freedom to these poor enslaved veggies!"

Having said that, Tom struck an incredibly complicated pose that was presumably something like a secret handshake and roared,

VEGGIE POWER!!

Then he skipped off backstage again.

Apaltra watched Appy scribble along warily. She was sure she could think of something suitable herself, but the little girl had insisted.

Shaking her head she sneaked away and headed for the stage. She was the one who had to do it all, so it should be her who thinks of what to do.

Finx, standing behind the curtains, looking with curiosity at the other contestants, noticed her walking up and gave her a nudge with his head as to wish her good luck.

She couldn't help noticing the smirk on his face about her being here at all.

Apaltra sighed deeply, massaged her temples a bit, and stepped on stage, narrowly avoiding a collision with Tom Atoe.

Looking back at Tom Atoe Apaltra wandered on stage and grabbed the microphone.

"Err.. oh, right. My answer. Well.."

An uncertain looked clouded her face for a moment, but then she drew herself up and continued.

"What will I do for the Pen should I win this contest? For one, I can offer to clean up the Garden Party, I heard it's left quite a mess, and no doubt you all would like your beautiful garden back..

Further more I am always available to deal with any security problems around the Keep. No doubt you have very able people in place already, but it's something I'm good at, and those services are yours already, no matter if I win this or not."

She falls silent for a bit, contemplating what else she could offer. She would love to offer something special, just for this occasion, but nothing came to her.

At that moment Finx poked her inside her head and said: "Why not offer to tell our story? It seems that they like stories a lot here, and ours certainly is worth telling."

To the audience it looked as if Apaltra looked at the curtains for no appearant reason, she nodded once, and turned around again.

"I was just reminded what you all are here for, and I will offer to tell my tale to all who wish to hear. It is long, it is 'adventurous' as one would say who wasn't there," her eyes grow darker as she says this.

"It also explains the scar that runs on my right cheek," and indeed, now that she mentioned it, most people first noticed that Apaltra had a long slender scar running from the outer corner of her right eye all the way down to her cheekbone, "but most of all, it's a tale that should be told."

Having nothing more to say, Apaltra bows her head and walks back to the curtains, greeting Finx with a big hug for giving her that idea.

Edited by Appy

From someplace high above the stage a brilliant beam of light hits the ground, forming a perfect white circle and dimming everything around to a deep black shadow. All that can be seen for a few moments is the single tall stool that sits in front of the judges table at the exact center of the circle of white.

Mallory slowly walks onto the stage, her hips sway with each step, the long, figure hugging dress shimmering in the light. Sitting on the stool Mallory looks at the expectant crowd, her smile glistening deep red and perfect.

“If I won the pageant, what would I do for the Pen?” Mallory stated the question, letting her smooth seductive voice grab the attention of the audience.

“My goal would be to provide a state of beauty and wonder, mixed with the joy of fun and games, to truly bring all together as a family.” Mallory deepened her smile, letting her eyes caress the crowd, winking at those that met her gaze.

“My plan was to open a portal to my world; a world of fun and extreme excitement, where everybody can experience the joy of sugar, caffeine and roller coasters. With a special area for those that are not this tall.” Mallory held out her arm, placing her hand at a level to indicate her point.

“Every day you can play ‘dodge the anvil’, or shoot at targets to win prizes, or even if you wish, tour a replica of the haunted mansion that was used in last years ‘Halloween werewolf game’. And for those that wish to test their survival skills, we have a replica of the ‘Recruiters Office’ a maze of such complexity that we still have not found the construction crew.”

Mallory sat her hands folded daintily in her lap, legs crossed at the ankle, her smile still seductively innocent as she described the joys of extreme sports like ‘hunt the rabbit’, and ‘catch the birdie’.

Pausing as she finished, Mallory dabbed her eyes, removing the tear from her cheek.

“I am sorry; I do miss my home so very much at times.”

Gently Mallory slipped from her seat, walked to the very edge of her circle of light and bowed to the judges table. “Thank you all so much for making me so welcome.”

Then, as the circle faded to black, Mallory walked slowly off stage.

:raven:

Edited by cryptomancer

CheerMynx picked the mic up once more and beamed at the audience.

"Well that's all the time we have for Round Four I'm afraid. So sit back, totally relax, and we'll like, get on to the Fifth and-" CheerMynx stopped for a moment to count something on her paws in deep concentration before brightening up and continuing... "-final Round in just a few more hours!"

Giggling and flicking her hair, CheerMynx bounced off the stage and, shimmering back to Mynx, went to hold a discussion with the judges...