The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Succession of Chaos

Gryphon

Day phase has ended. Thanks for getting your votes in. I'll have the kill posted in a few minutes then I'll update this post with a scorecard.

In the mean time, all specials PM me your night phase choices, If I get them quickly I'll end the night phase in 12 hours instead of the normal 24 so that we're back on our regular schedule.

~~~

Current Scorecard:

Mynx - Samantha of Aldwin

Akallabeth - Ciroth of Hendrake

Gwaihir - Choseyre of House Aricline

Tanuchan - Katelyn of House Minobee

Venefyxatu - Karen of House Minobee - Missing presumed dead

Patrick Durham - Johann of House Wererathe

JDRollins - Denor of House Helgram

MeThinksUFoolish - Duke of the house Munich

Vahktang - The General of the House of War - Deceased: poisoned in his rooms by persons unknown.

Quincunx - Cid of Tarquin - Deceased: A most unfortunate accident with a hunting fire angel

Azuran - Sol of House Sepharis

Cryptomancer - Sabastian of house Sawall

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, with this new vote-for-the-winner rule everybody is trying really hard to be likable, it almost make me want to be truly evil just to be different... but it doesn't fit with the character i already setup... i dunno maybe ill do something to him to make him less sociable...

and if everybody is this nice, then howcome we got all these assasins???

and whats with the blue eyes?? seems like everyone has them

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

Patrick Durham - Johann of House Wererathe was the assassination target over this night phase. Day phase begins, you all have 48 hours to interact, plot, scheme, PM me 'lynching' assassination votes and generally try to survive the day.

The interaction is going great guys, I love the careful feeling out of potential allies and the careful attempts to get support against each other. Please keep it up. :D

~~~

Current Scorecard:

Tanuchan - Katelyn of House Minobee

Patrick Durham - Johann of House Wererathe - Carelessly seems to have stumbled into the lair of some chaos beast

Vahktang - The General of the House of War - Deceased: poisoned in his rooms by persons unknown.

Quincunx - Cid of Tarquin - Deceased: A most unfortunate accident with a hunting fire angel

yea, so i noticed that for some reason, prolly because everyone is so wrapped up in their own story, that the game seems kinda in seperate parts and no one is paying too much attention to the other parts (but thats just what it seems like to me, excuse me if you are paying attention)

so anyway i added this part about a meeting to encourage a more streamlined storylined that included everyone. if you dont wanna be a part of it, well, then just dont come to the meeting

Of course you've been summoned into an ambush... and if you don't show up you're obviously the traitor... but that's just the suspicious bastard in me talking.

;)

I encourage everyone to attend Duke's gathering - it'll make for some good opportunities to interact and get the politics flowing as a group once more.

*Calls PA*

"Shift my 11'o'clock to three, tell my three I need to cancel as I will be out of town, send flowers to my 12'o'clock and ask her to meet me at 6, and tell the golf club I will need to pospone my urgent morning 'meeting'."

:raven:

Here's the deal:

Because this party is taking a while to set up, I'm extending the current 'day' phase by 24 hours to let it all get underway properly. That puts end of phase at about 38 and a half hours from the time stamp on this post - plenty of time for you to all get your day-phase votes PM'd to me.

In addition to this, once the party is underway feel free to keep it going instead of closing it down with end of phase - so the party should still be going when I call for your night phase votes, but that'll happen later so don't worry about it now.

This has the additional advantage that you can all share your reactions to the kills that I make at the party. :)

Now that I'm dead, but still have inspiration to do another post I have a few questions.

Are funerals held for the dead in this setting. If yes, would Johann's house have skilled enough shadow masters, who could retrieve his body (or what is left of it)?

Funerals are definitely held - bodies are returned to the primal chaos from whence you all came.

As for getting Johann's body back, that's a good question, and I'm afraid that since corpses can't be located by means of the trumps or Logrus summonings, about the only person who knows where the remains are would be the person(s) who set up that rather nasty pit trap.

I suppose you could try summoning his ghost to lead you to the place of his death... that might work.

~~~

On another note - as usual all daytime 'lynch' votes are welcome at any point during the day phase. If you decide to alter you vote after you've PM'd one in, just PM me again making it clear that it's an updated vote.

I've had one suggestion that the lynching take place on the way to the party. If I get enough votes coming in I'll think about making it happen.

Proposed timetable for this day/night phase:

If everyone gets their daytime assassination votes in by the old deadline (12 and a half hours from now) then I'll have the assassination happen while you're all on your way to the party. I'm after at least half the players voting to make this happen.

The 'lynching' assassination will happen either before the party/ on your way to the party/ early in the party and then I'll take the night phase votes and we'll have that kill either late in the party or as it's ending.

Either way i'd like the leadup to this gathering of Dukes and the gathering it's self to encompass the next two kills if possible.

That's the plan for the next 36 hours or so. How many of your votes I get in will either make it happen or not.

Did everyone decide to take a break all at once?

I still need some lynching votes before the kill - half of you have not sent me anything and if you've all gone inactive I'd at least like to know.

The lynching kill will happen as soon as I've got enough votes, so get those in! Once that happens continue posting as a normal day phase for the party/gathering that's being organised and while that's going on I'll get the specials to PM me their night phase info so that we've got everything running in parallel.

I'm going to put a 12 hour limit on the lynching PM's because I want to keep the action moving in the game. If I don't have more votes by then I'll run with what I've got and someone's going down possibly without the chance to cast a vote of their own.

Once again, once the 'lynching' assassination goes up the party continues and night phase begins immediately.

The Raven lands and hands a red dossier, appropriately clingwrapped with top secret stamped in large letters across the front.

Behind him a small swarm of pidgeons with aviators and sniper rifles waits for instructions.

Sorry its late, but the seagull bombers canceled on me at the last minute and I had to retrain this lot for the 28th time this week.

:raven:

We're now into the "night phase"... for what it's worth.

Specials send me your choices, and everyone, the party is underway! So let whatever interactions or revelations you have in mind begin.

I'll post a scorecard here in the morning (I just happened to wake in the middle of my night and thought I'd see if we were back online). I'll also work out when end of phase is in the morning...

I'm thinking I might make end of phase seamless - so it ends whenever I get the special's PM's and the party continues finishing with the end of the next day phase... we'll see what I come up with. More later.

~~~

Current Scorecard:

Tanuchan - Katelyn of House Minobee - Lost in Shadow and currently unretrievable

Patrick Durham - Johann of House Wererathe - Carelessly seems to have stumbled into the lair of some chaos beast

You can keep posting... you're on a bad trip at the moment and unfortunately it's affecting your ability to move amongst the shadows (alternative realities).

Anything bad that Katelyn can imagine will quite possibly come real for her.

I'd have sent you on a trip to a nice la-la land... but that'd make it too easy for others to come and get you. This way you're out of the succession until the final decision has been made. :)

Have fun.