The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Succession of Chaos

Gryphon

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you can Cryptomancer... join and be welcome! :)

Signup doesn't close for another couple of days anyway.

~~~

Current players:

Mynx - Samantha of Aldwin

Akallabeth - Ciroth of Hendrake

Gwaihir - Choseyre of House Aricline

Tanuchan - Katelyn of House Minobee

Venefyxatu - Karen of House Minobee

Patrick Durham - Johann of House Wererathe

JDRollins - Denor of House Helgram

MeThinksUFoolish - Duke of the house Munich

Vahktang - The General of the House of War

Quincunx - Cid of Tarquin

Azuran - Sol of House Sepharis

Cryptomancer - Character to come

Sol of House Sepharis

Sol is a quiet but powerful man in his late twenties. He is around six feet tall and has medium length hair, in a perpetual state of slight disarray. He also has an equally scruffy beard. Both hair and beard are pure white, offset by piercing sky-blue eyes and a small black tattoo of a snake on his forehead, often partially hidden by his hair. He knows no magic, except faith.

His demon form stands a commanding eight feet tall, his broad shoulders and huge form wrapped in glowing ethereal armor. His eyes are exactly the same as in human form. Two ivory horns curl wickedly from either side of his skull, both ornately carved with intricate patterns and symbols. He carries massive crystal swords, one in each hand.

Signup is closed - I'll be posting some info vital to the game and an opening to the game thread shortly... watch this space.

Final list of players:

Vahktang - The General of the House of War

Quincunx - Cid of Tarquin

Cryptomancer - Sabastian of house Sawall

Cryptomancer, post your character here when you're ready.

This thread is now for the OOC part of the game. This means anything from in the game that you need an OOC post to explain more clearly.

At this point there are a couple of very important things you need to remember:

* All voting gets done via PM to me - this keeps your private agendas plots and plans private.

* There are to be NO alliances via PM.

* All alliances, and accusations of assassination are to be made in character in the game thread.

The first and only goal for every one of you is to take the throne and the regency that goes with it.

You will need to influence others to vote how you want them to, while protecting yourself and your allies. Who you try to have assassinated via your private vote to me is your own choice. If you do your job well you will survive to assassinate someone else. If you don't then no-one will trust you and you'll probably die.

Some of the players in this political struggle will have more power than you. They will be the wolves. If you manage to remove them, you'll just increase the chances of your surviving to be the one who survives to take the throne. The game will continue until only one of you remains.

Specials - you'll recieve some special instructions via PM.

Any questions? Post them here.

I've been asked about the whole private voting thing:

Assassins are not something that you can negotiate with. You don't know when they'll come for you. Thats just the way it works.

You have 2 choices - be so likable in the game that no-one wants you dead, or be so cunning in the game that you influence everyone against another person.

You can vote the same way in private that you accuse in the game thread, you just don't have to. It depends on how deep a game you're going to play.

The game is open, day phase has begun.

Either pick it up from the first assassination or later in the day.

Take your pick of how you get together to interact. Either a high society party that as potential heir you just have to be at, magical communication, generic mingling in some location around the Courts of Chaos.

May your allies prove trustworthy and your enemies suffer the fates they deserve. Oh, and feel free to speculate who it was that threw the dagger. :D

~~~

Day phase is 48 hours, nights will be 24 - unless I change it in this thread for some reason.

Sabastian of house Sawall.

Early 30s, trained mostly in sorcery.

Dark hair, fair complection, and pale blue eyes. He knows his looks are appealing, and his manner suggests he will use it if needed.

Arrogance born of a pure bloodline, and trained in diplomacy, he was the only choice really to enter the running as a candidate.

Alternate form is a slender but tall shadow with ice blue eyes.

:raven:

Thanks to Mynx and Cryptomancer for starting the party... sorry I harassed the two of you into it. ;)

Please everyone else join in. The conversation strikes me as being pretty much perfect for a high society party in a treacherous court... please don't let me interrupt...

BTW, this day phase will be slightly longer to let everyone get into the swing of things. I get my times confused because I'm on the leading edge of the date line. Day phase will end approximately 48 hours from now, give or take a bit.

If I'm right that should give pretty much everyone a couple of days to post and get the game underway. I'll post in here asking for your votes on who to lynch first when the time comes.

Special roles have been posted in advance preparation for the night phase.

If you didn't get a PM you're a "villager", which means that someone out there currently commands more political influence than your family does...

If you play well this can be altered throughout the course of the game... just to add to the challenge.

In the mean time, enjoy the party.

There's about 13 hours to go until the end of the first day phase and the associated assassination.

So keep those votes rolling in and we'll see who's going to die first.

It's not paranoia, someone really is out to have you killed. :D

PM me your vote, and if you're feeling inspired you can include an assassination concept. If it interests me enough it might get used - if your assassin is successful of course.

For the record, if you PM me your vote and then change your mind, just PM me the updated vote making it clear who you are changing it to.

It's the same as the usual voting - except that no-one know's who's being targeted. Just adds to the excitement really. :D

Sorry to be hammering this thread with so much additional info. Here are some answers or clarifications to questions I was asked:

Deadline is officially in 9 and a half hours from now, making it 48 hours from the time the deadline was announced in the OOC thread. For me that's 10.30 tonight and for everyone else it should have (hopefully) given 2 nighttimes in the game.

You don't have to make any accusations in the game thread. After night phase it might be nice to see some kind of finger-pointing in character, but it's not going to be insisted upon. (It would have to be suave sophisticated finger pointing unless you were sure of your position, allies and ongoing health.)

Right now, being first day phase you're all doing fine with your conduct of the game. No recommendations or suggestions to be had. The feeling out of potential allies and suchlike fits what I'd envisioned for the environment perfectly. Thank you all.

The first day phase is now over and one of the cantidates has fallen to an assassination attempt.

The first night phase now begins. Specials send me your choices, everyone else please feel free to RP and build on your alliances as you will in preparation for the next day phase.

The night phase will be over in 24 hours from the time of this post.

... Nope.

All the information about what roles people had and who survived will be announced at the end. It's all a game within the game - the main goal being to survive long enough to take the regency.

There is another reason. Those people who's characters are assassinated have another role to play. At the end of the game, assuming all goes to plan, there will be 2 cantidates left. The other players are going to represent the political support of their families and the majority vote from them will determine who wins the game.

All the special votes are in so I'm going to post the first 'wolf kill' assassination now.

Once that post is up consider the next day phase underway. It will run for 48 hours, give or take a bit, plus the additional half hour that would normally have finished up this night phase.

:)

I leave it up to you who finds the victim and what speculations arise from the discovery.

There is another reason. Those people who's characters are assassinated have another role to play. At the end of the game, assuming all goes to plan, there will be 2 cantidates left. The other players are going to represent the political support of their families and the majority vote from them will determine who wins the game.

So people are going to have to assassinate their supporters in order to win? . . .

Not quite - people assassinate their rivals during the game... At the end of the game the great families decide that there has been enough blood spilled over a mere regency and they align behind a surviving cantidate of their choice to determine the winner.

Thus ensuring that throughout the game everyone does their best to stay in their best charming diplomatic character... no-one knows who had their character killed so in the end you just pick whomever you think would make a better regent for the throne.

If that makes any kind of sence.

~~~

Current Scorecard:

Vahktang - The General of the House of War - Deceased: poisoned in his rooms by persons unknown.

Quincunx - Cid of Tarquin - Deceased: A most unfortunate accident with a hunting fire angel

Cryptomancer - Sabastian of house Sawall

Once again I don't even make it to the second night.

Ah well.

My troops will have my revenge.

Mwahahahahaha.

And you know what I was going to do?

Eat with the troops.

Every meal.

So that if they tried to poison me, they'd poison hundreds.

Just didn't have the time.

Ah well.

Edited by Vahktang

The current day phase finishes in about 14 hours.

Just so you're all aware Lynch votes can be PM'd to me at any point during the day phase - no need to wait until the end.

I also hear that the Pen was down - if I don't get enough votes I'll post in here extending the day phase for 24 hours to give those who's time zones don't match up with the current phase time to vote.

Because I know weekends are often slow around here and I've not got as many 'lynch' votes as I'd like I'm extending the current day phase for 12 hours to give a couple of you more time to post and vote both.

Thats 14 hours from now.

I'll worry about getting it back on schedule later. :)

Feel free to continue with the dialogue, it's looking brilliant!