The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A poetic Quill Quest

Psimon

The elf entered with purpose, surveying those gathered as he moved forward.

He paused. 'Are any here...?' he wondered, then the corners of his mouth twitched upward - the closest he'd come to a smile in a good while - and he continued. Drawing a small scroll from his belt, he turned to face those gathered, opened the document and began with a throat-clearing, attention-seeking cough:

"To whom it may concern,

Be advised that I, Psimon, Keeper of The Balance, Ruler of Ervan - a recent acquisition, and Quill-Bearer of The Mighty Pen, do hereby give notice and announce the design and purpose of my chosen Quill Quest.

It is my intention to compose a sonnet for each of the voting members of The Mighty Pen that encapsulates an aspect or multiple aspects of their persona, the precise nature of which will be discussed with the recipients as I proceed.

The Voting Members are currently grouped in the following categories:

Council of Elders

Guild Leaders

Bards

Poets

Heralds

Troubadours

According to the current membership roster, this list is comprised of some 42 individuals, or 47 if 'alternate' or associated personalities are included, hence there will be 42 (or 47) sonnets in all. The form or tradition of each sonnet will be at my discretion, but will be selected to enhance the work.

All works will remain copyright of Psimon, Keeper of The Balance, regardless of recipient, dimension, plane, or other form or location in which the work exists.

All questions and comments should be in written form and directed to:

Psimon

Keeper of The Balance

C/- The Mighty Pen

A copy of this notice has been forwarded to The Honorable Yui, Elder of Shadows and Miscellany.

Thank you for your time."

Psimon rolled the thin parchment, replaced it in his belt, and, with a small sigh and a nod of his head, he left.

Wow, I'd have to say that this is a very impressive undertaking.

Especially because I'm willing to wager that half of the voting members are inactive. :P

Good luck with it!

- Vlad

P.S. - Ancients aren't voting members, so I think that saves you three or four.

P.P.S - A few Quill Quests might be completed in the near future [like revery's], so that'll add a few more to your list. Once again, good luck!

• 1 month later...

Psimon..What a wonderful and amazing undertaking! I know you'll do a faulous job and I for one will be thrilled to have a sonnet written about my character by YOU. What an honor! It's really great to see you popping around again!

~Salinye :fairy:

• 1 month later...