The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A dedication to a poet

Salinye

I suppose one of the main purposes of this board is for writers to be inspired and uplifted by other talented writers. I truly love poetry, and even though it isn't my strongest form, I certainly admire those for whom it IS their strongest form. This is written for one such poet here at The Pen. If you don't know who inspired this poem, then please assume it's you the reader, because chances are if you write here often, I've admired your talent more than once.

Oh how you inspire me

With your beautiful words

Which seem to flow from you

Flawlessly with such ease

And grace as if your thoughts

Dawn in poetic form

And all that is needed

Is for your quill to lie

Effortlessly upon

A spare scrap of parchment

To perform its lover’s

Dance leaving a small piece

Of your heart and your soul

Immortalized.

~Salinye :fairy:

Good idea, P! I'd love to hear who this poem summerizes to different people. I know I'm probably not the only one who reads the works of someone here and feels the way the poem says.

Who does this represent to YOU? Maybe sometime I'll reveal who I wrote it about despite the fact that many here are worthy of it's praise.

~Salinye :fairy:

Certainly PM the person.

And I'm with Pered, Cyril's poetry of all the Pen poetry impresses me most, with its incredible style - effortless ease and lucid language that says precisely what is meant to be said, and says it beautifully. Hats off to him - and hats off to all the other Pen writers, especially those who continue to write and put forth their work before the Pen community even though they know in their hearts that they aren't exactly star poets (I'm certainly part of this last group). This courage and openness is what makes the Pen so unique and treasured.

Edited by HappyBuddha

See, I'm not that familiar with Cyril's work - just haven't had time to read much of it I'm afriad...

But to me, that poem reminds me of Cryptomancer.

I dunno...maybe it's simpy due to my insane jealousy of the bird's talent, or the fact that in RL it's taken me too long to convince him of it...

*shrugs*

Beautiful poem, Sal.

Can't wait to see who you were thinking of

Funny I was thinking of a number of poets, and you were one of them drummondo. Besides drummondo I was reminded of the works of Cryptomancer, Cyril, Hopperwolf, Justin Silverblade, Wyvern, Yui-chan, Zadown and probably a whole other slew of poets around here.