First time

Didn't die today

No way

I have flown today

Saw the light

Couldn't die today

Had to write

Thanks Guys!!

I have made it through my first flight, and although I felt slightly nauseous, I have survived. (I'm not happy with the last stanza, and might try and rewrite it (suggestions are welcome :) )

- Sweetcherrie

Edited by Sweetcherrie

congrats on accomplishing your first flight - while not without fear, without being crippled by it. no small accomplishment, that.

glad you wrote.

in the last stanza, if you want to make that stand out a bit from the rest you would do well to add "I" to the beginning of each line for the added emphasis. it would break your stanza syllable pattern, but if it's the emphasis you're looking for, you might try that.

neat patterning, though, and an intriguing handling of subject. i like it. =)

I like all of these, good style :)

And congrats on taking your flight afterall! I haven't flown in my life either but am considering it to visit a faraway friend... scares me to bits tho, just the idea heh. But you did it ^_^

Small suggestion on the last stanza, use Ayshela's idea of using "I" and change the second line maybe to something like this?

I have flown today

I took that flight

I couldn't die today

I had to write

'Cause to me the 'Saw the light' has too much to do with dying and has no place in the last stanza which is all about survival, right? :)

Look forward to see what you do with it.