The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Bad day--venting

Zariah

Today I got in a car accident with my sister. She was driving us to work and we were on the Key Bridge (That takes us to Georgetown DC) and one must be extra careful on this bridge because the traffic pattern depends on the cars at the end turning on to the next street. The girl behind us was not much older that I and she hit us from behind. She was pretty shaken up and explained that she spilled coffee on her lap and was looking down and didn’t stop. We had neck and back damage and I know I am going to try to go to the chiropractor tomorrow. She hit Cara’s (my sis) bumper and it needs to be replaced. The girl who hit us smashed the entire front of her car. My sister was consoling the girl and only took down her name, address, and phone number. (The girl only mentioned the name of her insurance company) She did not call the police or take the girls insurance information. :unsure: I thought this was really dumb, because Cara had the risk that maybe the girl was making up her name and address and number to get away. However, the girl seemed really sweet and shaken up. Still, she should have taken down the other information.

So when we got into work, Cara called her own insurance company and called the police to file a report. So my neck and back hurt and I am stuck here at work with no way home. And guess what I get to do today??? Take hundreds of bills (company) and find the invoices and the checks and put them together and after Joe (the head accountant) signs them, I get to stuff them into envelopes and address them. Whoopee! (That was sarcasm by the way). My co-worker, who I’ve become good friends with, is out today…so I have no one to talk to. She is at the doctors. She has on her iris a hole. It’s white and getting worse. I’d never heard of it before. Has anyone else?? Poor Debbie. :(

Well, thanks for letting me vent. Maybe someone can cheer me up???

Take a slow breath and realize -

You are both alive, and so is the other girl.

Cara's car still drives.

It will work out - that's what insurance is for.

You have a job. If you look at the streets of DC right now, that makes you special.

You got to see a really neat movie last night. If the Crowboy thought it was good, and didn't pick it all apart on his review to me - it must've been good.

Oh ya - the Crowboy loves you. I know, I get to hear about it at odd random outbursts. :P

I love you too.

hugs

Your friend could be having a case of Macula Degeneration. At the early stage it could be cured by medication, at mid stage a laser treatment would do.

As for the collusion, it's basically a lesson learn. Just get three things ready.. take the person's driver licence number, the insurance number, and get the person to write a testimony with her and you both sign and a witness and dated... there's nothing much you can do now but just remember what to do next time... that's what learning from experience is all about..

(oh btw, I've learned from a looooong time ago to never believe the mere words of a pretty face.)

For the soreness after the collusion... get the stupid Crowboy to give you a massage... or try a warm bubble bath =) Mmmmm chicks in bubble bath.

Sure everyone has a bad day, just rememeber there's always tomorrow... yah More communiting, more bills and envelopes....

Anyways to make you feel better.. I'll play a song for you!!! Hope you feel much better.

The End Of The World

Sylvia Dee / Arthur Kent

Why does the sun go on shining?

Why does the sea rush to shore?

Don't they know it's the end of the world,

`cause you don't love me anymore?

Why do the birds go on singing?

Why do the stars glow above?

Don't they know it's the end of the world?

It ended when I lost your love.

I wake up in the morning and I wonder why ev'rything's the same as it was.

I can't understand, no I can't understand, how life goes on the way it does!

Why does my heart go on beating?

Why do these eyes of mine cry?

Don't they know it's the end of the world?

It ended when you said good-bye.

Edited by Vigil StarGazer

That sounds like a bad day to me... but remember that it can always be worse!

To illustrate, I'll shamelessly link to a picture I found on a website I frequent (http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com --> give credit where credit is due, you know :P).

http://s96920072.onlinehome.us/TPC/Funny_P...00/0928/928.jpg

As for the bad day at work : I'll copy one of the older "daily jokes" on the same website (once again, without shame). You might've read this before (or you might not... :P).

Bob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on off shore drilling rigs. Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to radio station 103.2 on FM dial in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, who was sponsoring a worst job experience contest.

Needless to say, she won.

Hi Sue,

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work, so I

thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all.

Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job. As you know, my "office" lies at the bottom of the

sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: We have a diesel-powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air hose.

Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times with no complaints. What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi.

Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit. Now, since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it.

However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate. When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the jellyfish into the crack of my butt.

I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other divers, were all laughing hysterically. Needless to say I aborted the dive.

I was instructed to make three agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling thirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression. When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic,with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poop for two days because my butt was swollen shut.

So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt. Now repeat to

yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job."

I hope exaggeration and humour work for you as they do for me!

DC traffic is a nightmare... Combine it with holiday Traffic and well, i don't even want to think about it...

Glad to hear you came out okay...

am not much for words of inspiration today... so here's someone else's...

Whatever else you do

Max Ehrmann (also wrote the desiderata of happiness)

Whatever you do or forbear,

impose upon yourself the task of happiness;

and now and then abandon yourself

to the joy of laughter.

And however much you condemn

the evil in the world, remember that the

world is not all evil; that somewhere

children are at play, as you yourself in

the old days; that women still find joy

in the stalwart hearts of men;

And that men, treading with restless feet

their many paths, may yet find refuge

from the storms of the world in the cheerful house of love.

take care,

rev...

you know, something similar happened to my dad, and he and the girl decided things were fine, an then about 3 months later in the mail he gets a thing saying he has to go to court for a hit and run because the girl was suing for damage (which hadn't actually been anything). And she had taken down his liscence plate number, so they found him that way.

Anyways, it sucked. but *hugs and such* i hope you feel better.