The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Salinye is Excited!

Salinye

I was hoping it would be that, knowing how much you love kids ^_^

Congratulations! *hugs*

And of course *pours out her bucket of luck over Salinye* It's all yours hun :)

PS: does this mean you get to be your own doula? :blink:

Thanks, everyone.

Appy, no no nono! I'll be hiring a doula as I plan to go 100% natural and will need one! I'm considering a water birth! I'll be the doula at a water birth in February, so I'm sure that will help me decide if I want that option or not. If I do, it just means I need to have the baby in a birthing center as opposed to a hospital if I do. :0) I could do it at home, but think I'm not quite comfortable with that. Options...options....*holds sign* "Need doula. Will pay in food."

~Salinye :fairy:

*Stick notices the sign that says "...will pay in food" and pounces!*

"Sal, about the job offering..."

"Huh, what job offering?"

"I saw the sign about the food."

"Oh.. hehehe... that, I don't think *you* want to do that. In fact, I don't think *I* want you to do that..."

"...well, since I'm here, can I have some food? I'm hungry!"

Of course, I'm pretty sure this the part where Gyrfalcon comes in and glomps me!

;p

(Sorry, this my sleepy-brain half-bummed lazy RP style... :S)

Congratulations!

I'll see if I can get you some candles lit (or do you prefer churches? :P) and I'll keep my thumbs up and fingers crossed!

... re-reads Venefyxatu's offering... a vaguely puzzled and somewhat amused expression crosses my face

You're offering to light a church for Salinye? I know how to light a candle, but lighting a church could be more... difficult and interesting. :)

Hey! Congratulations! Good luck! All that good stuff!

I don't see how you women can do it- forcibly expelling an 8-pound living creature from your body has to be excrutiating..

Not to mention... 5.... of them.

Now I get to look like an idiot: What the heck is a doula?

Knight, just for you!

What is a Doula and why should I hire one?

As a birth doula, I accompany women throughout the labor and birthing experience. I help ensure a satisfying and safe birth. I have been educated at Seattle Midwifery School (SMS) and utilize knowledge from that training and the natural training that has come from hands on experience. I provide emotional support, physical comfort and, when needed, act as a liaison between you and medical staff to ensure you have all the information needed to make informed decisions during labor. I offer comfort through massage, position changes and relaxation techniques.

Women helping women in labor and birth is an ancient tradition.

Today, this philosophy is back and many couples are reaping the benefits of having a birth doula! A doula ensures one on one emotional and physical care and

* provides information, comfort, encouragement

* advocates for your birth plan

* remains with you during your entire labor

* works with others at your birth

* helps you with relaxation through breathing, massage, change of body position and visualizations.

What a doula is not:

Doula's do not perform medical tasks such as take blood pressure, fetal heart beat, or vaginal exams. I am independent and self-employed. I work for you, not the hospital, a midwife or any other medical organization. My goal is to ensure that your labor, birth and post partum care is as comfortable and satisfying as possible.

Recent studies have shown that when a doula is present at a birth:

Decreased medical intervention in labor*:

Reduces need for cesarean by 50%

Reduces length of labor by 25%

Reduces use of oxytocin by 40%

Reduces pain medication use by 30%

Reduces the need for forceps by 40%

Reduces epidural requests by 60%

6 weeks after birth, mothers who had doulas were:

Less anxious and depressed

Had more confidence with baby

More satisfied w/ partner (71% vs 30%)

More likely to be breastfeeding (52% vs. 29%)

~Salinye :fairy:

*sneaksily reads the explanation that was meant for Knight*

Wow... I had a vague idea, but I never knew all that :blink:

*realizes he gave himself away*

Umm... Hope you don't mind? *hopeful grin*

:lol:

Gryphon : with enough gasoline, wood, matches and paper lighting a church should be possible. If a candle works, a church is a sure-fire way (pun intended :) ) to work :P

We have this cathedral here in Antwerp.......... *ponders*

Disclaimer : I am joking. If, for some reason, any cathedral or church withing 9988775975985 km of me burns down it was not my fault. I don't burn buildings. :P

Though informative, that explanation has given me a nervous twitch. Just reading such painful words as 'foreceps' and 'epidural' is enough to make adoption sound that much more appealing. Wah! :unsure:

If you're my doula, someday, do you think I can pay you extra to just do the whole thing? Y'know... I'll watch. You birth. :blink:

Jittery, now,

~Yui

..I heard the word...food....

Then I saw that there was something that had to be done for it........

But, anywho......

Congrats, you Saliciously Silly Salacious Salinye! Congrats yooo!

(Now you'll have to tell us when it's born [don't mind my optimism, I've been up for 32 hours again.....odd how that makes me optimistic......]...and stuff...).

WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs off on a natural high the likes of which he's never had before, and for more reasons....(hint....it's in the poem place..if you can understand whatever it is I said in there....)