The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Just dropping in...

Salinye

Hello~

I see that I went AWOL at the worst time! I've become a weenie! Isn't that always the way? :P I suppose people should take me out of any sort of leadership position seeing as I'm not around much these days. The rp guild would be best led by someone who is here and active. :0)

I have been thinking of this website and the people here recently and wanted to drop in and say hello. Wyvern, I'm sorry that I couldn't call into your show. I'm on West coast time, which still would have been fine had my friend's plane not been delayed 2 1/2 hours. :0( I was bummed not to have been apart of that as I had planned.

Things have been going really well for me. I'm busier than I thought possible, but really doing well. I'm very active in my doula work now, in fact, had a birth last night. A 15 year old who lives in foster care and had virtually no support. It was neat to get to serve her. She was amazing. Also, I've started taking the class my husband has been taking for about 9 months or so. It's called Shobukai Kenjutsu (Japanese Sword Fighting Class) I'm very surprised at how very much I love it! I'm giving up my dance classes for it, which is something I never thought I would do! Samarai Salinye? Oye, I wouldn't go that far. *grins*

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say hello and let you know that I think of you often and miss this community. I hope you are all doing well and that you will have a lovely Thanksgiving.

*hugs to all*

~Salinye :fairy:

Yay for a fellow Weenie! :D It's so true...life intrudes. Wow, sounds like your life is increibly busy. Are you in med school? But it sounds as if you're enjoying yourself with the Japanese sword fighting.

Come back soon and a happy Thanksgiving to you.

*Rhaps*

Good to hear from you Salinye! I'm glad you're enjoying real life so much, though I miss talking to you around the Pen. *grins*

Otherwise, I still need to complete our date. I've been slacking on it without being prodded to complete it. It's still on my too-do list, just behind homework and stuff. Lots and lots of homework. o_O

As for you and swords... I'm going to have to be careful now! ^_^ I'm glad you're enjoying the sword-fighting lessons though. :)

Awww, lovely things you all say! I am very busy and yes, very very happy. :0)

I'm not in medical school. I already trained to be a doula at the Seattle Midwifery School. It's a very short training. I will have filled my quota of births to be fully certified at the end of this month. *cheers*

As for Shobukai Kenjutsu. I have found a new passion in the form of Katanas! (Look out Gyrfalcon, you might have a decent sparring partner yet!) I'm new to the art, but did pass off for my first yellow stripe tonight. I had to perform the first kata which is called Toshi Kihone (sp?) Ichi through Go. :0)

I'll be sure to drop back into mirc and messenger one night soon. :0) I host an annual Holiday Bazaar and it's this weekend. After that with the break from homeschooling for the holiday, I'll have a few days to breathe easy. I'll try my best to drop in to chat. I'm jonesing for my internet friends and look forward to chatting with you! :0)

~Salinye :fairy:

I'll be sure to drop back into mirc and messenger one night soon. :0)

When this happens, if I'm not online, someone contact via some other means, such as telephone, carrier pigeon, or psychic powers.

So you're a samurai now? Every time we hear from you, you just get cooler and cooler.

I would like to second comments made by Peredhil, Tamaranis, and many other well-wishers.

Then, I would like to say that I'd tacklehug you, but

a. Katzaniel is a little big for that.

b. You've got katanas now.

c. That will be taken care of by others, I'm sure. :P

Also, I think I found the word for you: (I'm seeing symptoms of it for myself...)

Chronic Volunteerism!

Symptom #1: You're always busy.

Symptom #2: Nevertheless, you hear yourself say, "I can do that!"

Symptom #3: Upon hearing these words, you do not wince.

:lol:

I wish you well, Salinye. You're greatly missed.

I'll be sure to drop back into mirc and messenger one night soon. :0)

When this happens, if I'm not online, someone contact via some other means, such as telephone, carrier pigeon, or psychic powers.

So you're a samurai now? Every time we hear from you, you just get cooler and cooler.

I tried sending a pshycic message to you Tam, but it got bounced back. Take off your tinfoil hat.