The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Some WW or Other

Katzaniel

lol

The posts are great :lol:

And, seeing all this, I'm feeling pretty unable to RP a lunatic as well as any of you there :P I told Katz I'd try to run Dustin, but I'm afraid it will be pretty sporadic as it seems my RPing muse is being pretty stubborn. :(

Thursday I will incur an NPC death and you may talk about it, but no accusations (it will not be clear that it is a patient who did the kill). Shortly after, since I think we need to actually begin soon, there will be a definite murder and I will PM roles and we will start Day Phase #1.

I am toying with altering the rules though...

Start with 1 werewolf, 1 seer, 1 hunter, 1 baner. Hunter has chance of converting wolf to villager if chosen as victim. I know, that's a lot for 9 people total, and seemingly stacked against wolves, but wait. Wolf alternates between killing people and converting. This fits with spreading disease. Seer/Hunter/Baner cannot be converted - this would result in no kills and no conversions for that night. Unless the wolf is lynched on Day 1, the baner blocks the wolf or victim, or the wolf makes an unlucky choice, day 2 begins with two wolves. Wolves talk together about their kills/conversions.

As I see it, it is stacked a little for the innocents at first but if they make bad decisions it begins to be stacked more and more for the wolves. This is probably evened out by having three major innocent roles. The only thing is, I might intervene if the wolf is lynched on day 1, and have the disease spread to one random villager. I'll justify that intervention my making them too sick to kill or convert on their first night phase as a wolf, thereby rewarding the innocents for their good choice with a chance of choosing well again during 2 day phases, as well as an extra vision for the seer.

This might seem complicated at first, but I don't think it actually is. And I think it'll make for a very interesting game.

Summary:

* Begin with 1 wolf, 1 seer, 1 baner and 1 hunter.

* Wolf tries to convert a villager the first night. (If wolf is lynched on day 1, random villager becomes wolf but that wolf misses a night phase before being able to kill)

* After that, wolf/ves alternate/s between kill and conversion.

* Day phase is 48 hrs, Night phase is 24 hrs.

* Innocents win if wolves all lynched, wolves win if #wolves = #innocents.

* Baner picks a person to "bane" each night - if victim, no kill/conversion. If wolf, chance of kill decreases to 0/1, 1/2, 2/3 etc (depending on # of wolves)

* Hunter does nothing unless the wolf chooses them as kill victim, and then wolf has 1/2 chance of being cured (conversion to villager)

* Seer chooses one person to have role revealed per night. Roles can change though.

* Each "morning" I will post a list of how many people we have in each role along with the explanation of night activities.

Questions?

Initial reaction to the suggestion of a single-wolf game:

Erm...unless there is some new thing you've worked out here on the Pen that I don't know about, it would make for a potentially very short game if there were only one wolf. The standard rules are "at least 7 players, at least 2 wolves. When you hit 17 or more players, you can add a wolf and maybe a seer, etc." I wouldn't recommend a 1-wolf game.

After browsing Katz' suggested rules modifications:

I'll try anything you wanna put out there, but it sounds confusing to me. :huh:

How will you address confidentiality, with wolves becoming villagers and villagers becoming wolves? I played a game where the wolves "converted" someone. It worked, but they were only able to attempt it until successful, then they were done converting. If a wolf becomes a villager, they will know who the other wolves are. Seers viewings will mean nothing if roles are changing... :blink:

Thoughts, anyone?

Edited by Jammeez

*raises a hand*

I blame it on being seriously REM deprived, but Jamz, where the ding dong is the conversation that spawned your last post?

I feel like I'm missing too much of what you're talking about; I hope I can look it up. :blink:

On another note, my asylum character's name is Lamont, an amnesiac.

For some reason, his only memories of his past all have to with the radio show "The Shadow".

Sincerely,

He Who Has Not Blinked in An Hour

Sorry to step in... :P

Ozy, Jamz referred to: (a-) Katz' suggestion of modified rules, (b-) the original rules posted at Kenzerco boards, and (c-) a game played there where the Wolves could try to convert one villager (there were very specific rules created for that, explained in the first post there).

Though I'm just popping in and out of this game as an NPC, I share with Jamz the same worries... "curing" a wolf will certainly lead to the lynching of its partner, and the Seer's words won't mean anything because villagers/wolves can change overnight. Having just one wolf and the chance of converting one more can be done without problems, in my opinion. There are less players than normal, so I think it could work. The "curing" of the wolf is what presents a problem here, exactly because of the problem of confidentiality.

Also, as Jamz, if I were playing I would try anything suggested, but it does confuse me... :P As an NPC-observer, I'm certainly interested in seeing how this will work out. :)

Edited by Tanuchan

Thanks, Tanny, for clarifying for me. And sorry, Ozy, for clouding the issue more for you. I did post that late (for me) last night.

Isn't there a link to the original rules here on the Pen? If not, there should be. I will do it after work tonight if someone else has not beat me to it.

Edited because Tanny did beat me to it...^right up there^! I can be such a ditz sometimes. :P

Love to all,

Jamz :dragon3:

Edited by Jammeez

It all seems like a good idea but it seems to me we just have too much going on. I suggest that we ix-nay the hunter and curing of wolves. I like the idea of wolves being able to convert other players though. The fact that the wolves are always changing just ikll make it harder for the seer. but thats just what i humbly suggest.

My character thinks he's michael jackson, or so it seems...

Yeah, I think that probably removing the hunter and therefore the whole idea of wolf curing (which was good, until the flaws were pointed out :rolleyes:) is best. This stacks it back toward the wolf, so I will give the baner special ability to kill a wolf if attacked (intended kill victim). This means the baner need not worry about baning themselves at any point BUT they are NOT allowed to give away their role to anyone, and the seer is not allowed to give away the baner's role except as "innocent", under any circumstances. I'm not sure what I'd do if someone broke this rule, so don't make me decide, kay?

Therefore:

* Begin with 1 wolf, 1 seer, 1 wolf-proof baner.

* Wolf tries to convert a villager the first night. (If wolf is lynched on day 1, random villager becomes wolf but that wolf misses a night phase before being able to kill)

* After that, wolf/ves alternate/s between kill and conversion.

* Wolves are allowed to discuss any strategy. I'd love to be cc'd on them in order to do the writeup later, but it's not a requirement.

* Day phase is 48 hrs, Night phase is 24 hrs.

* Innocents win if wolves all lynched, wolves win if #wolves = #innocents.

* Baner picks a person to "bane" each night - if victim, no kill/conversion. If wolf, chance of kill decreases to 0/1, 1/2, 2/3 etc (depending on # of wolves)

* Baner cannot be kill victim - if attacked, has 1/2 chance of killing a wolf.

* Baner and Seer cannot be conversion victims. No conversion that night if Baner or Seer is attacked.

* Since the Baner cannot be killed or converted, only lynched, the baner's role is not allowed to be revealed by anyone.

* Seer chooses one person to have role revealed per night. Villagers can change roles though, so the seer must be aware of how many conversions have occurred since each vision.

* Each "morning" I will post a list of how many people we have in each role along with the explanation of night activities.

I will go catch up on the story, and post a kill. No roles yet, and no direct accusations. (I mean, you can accuse someone, but there will be no resultant lynching until I post a second kill.)

Lady Celes, you're out of the game for sure? When was it that people were returning again?

All right, then. I'd been hoping that Elwen or even someone else might still be able to squeeze in, but it's too late now. Roles have (finally) been sent. (The site went down last night after sending one message!)

Thus the timing has been screwed up a little because I want phases to change about 12 hours away from this time. Since your own role probably won't change who you're accusing, I'm going to try giving you guys 36 hours from now to finish this day phase and lynch someone. Actual lynching will probably work fine in this setting, except that Dustin isn't up for lynching, so work around that however you want. If you want to have your character suspect him, I don't care, but realize that he's basically a null vote. (Don't worry, Dustin will die soon.)

Oh, and remember that your baner can't give their role away if you're trying to kill them, they can only claim innocence, and everyone can claim that. So just be careful I guess.

All right. Game on!

I can't even remember for sure that my deadline was last night, and these time zones are still messing with my head, but if you guys haven't decided on someone by the time I come home from my midterm tomorrow (about 18 hours from now), I will decide who gets lynched with a toss of the die.

* Fervently hopes that the list gets shorter and not longer by that time. *

I'm sorry, but this delay isn't so much my fault as the last one.

I am still missing one or more (no, won't tell ya how many) PMs. I don't want to have to roll it (again!), but I don't want to delay more than today, so I might.

Anyway, just to let you all know why the delay... although I'm enjoying the questioning scenes, so keep 'em coming while we're waiting (another 4 or 5 hours maximum).

I would say that if the roles didn't PM you then they were over drugged that night and couldn't accomplish anything. It is clear when you sign up what your role is. There should be no reason why you don't PM.

What about sending out PM's with read reciepts on them.

The last list I found was:

* WW IX => Jamz (or me, see ww vii above)

* WW X => MeThinksUFoolish

* WW XI => Lady Celes (Agatha Christie), if it's not in vacation period... otherwise, Merelas

* WW XII => Merelas (Salem Witch Trials)

* WW XIII => Vahktang (Mafia)

So, that would mean: MeThinksUFoolish.

Feel up to it?

Hi everybody :)

Well, I'm back from vacations and I'm happy to see the fun !

As for the modding... I believe that it would be about right if Jamz did the next one, as she was the one "scheduled" next originally... but it really depends on her and MTYFoolish. I'm updating the list, anyway :)

I'd like to mod WW X, as I had to step down this last one... if no one minds it.

Edited by Tanuchan