The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Some WW or Other

Katzaniel

Well, I've spent the last hour or so trying to catch up but there were three pages of newly replied-to topics, and I haven't gotten there yet. In case no one has noticed I've been busy for the last little while and barely catching up before having to leave again... this will continue for another few days but hopefully by the time this WW ends I will be about ready to host the next. Plus give it a few days for everyone to sign up, I should have time again by then. What I'm saying is, sure I'll mod.

A few people signed up and then had to remove themselves, so I'd like everyone to resign to this one. Give me a little while to refine my ideas and I'll post a vote on the topic. Meanwhile I need to skitter away to my economics assignment. See y'all in a bit.

Ooh, ooh, mental asylum! I love how ideas just pop into your head sometimes. Maybe I won't even have a vote, depending on what people think of this idea.

We all are in a mental asylum for some reason or another. You can be self-committed if you want, and sane or insane as desired, as long as you have some semblance of sanity on which to base votes and so forth. Wardens are off-limit, I'll play those when needed.

The "wolves" are really patients with some sort of multiple-personality disorder. In order to avoid stereotyping actual deseases, I'll make up a new one. Lupus Anomolous, how's that? Switching between personalities is totally random. This means the wolves can all truthfully roleplay scenes where your characters think they are innocent, as well as plan strategy at any point during the day or night phases.

Seer can just have visions, easily enough. For full RP effect, you might consider (depending on the character you choose ahead of time) being sane, but thinking you are insane because of these visions. Anyone can RP a vision IC if they so desire, but no one will know which one is really real. Of course doing so might make someone think you are the seer and so is dangerous - but it might also make people avoid voting for someone, and so be helpful. It will be interesting to see if anyone bites on that one.

Baner maybe has some pills stashed or something that can help the wolf come back to their innocent personality. I guess that means we have a hunter instead. I don't remember what rules we used for that before, I'll look it up later to see if it fits better or not.

I have one special request - I'd like people with special roles to RP as much as possible in their PMs, so that when this is written up in the Assembly room (I'd like to do it, if no one minds) I can include it.

Opinions?

Ohhhh... I *love* the idea...

It's a shame I won't be able to be in... I'll be out of town the first 15 days of July, and not certain about Internet access... *sighs*

Mmmm.... Katz, would you eventually let me play an NPC ? So that I could enjoy the RP, but won't spoil the game when I have to leave? Of course, I give you my word that I won't be influencing the game in any way, like, not giving any opinion about who could be the wolves and so on... pretty like the "ghosts", when allowed, do.

And if the players don't mind it... it has never been tried either here or at K&C , but I was wondering if it would work...

Anyway, no problems if you say "no", I was just wondering. :) Have fun all of you :D I'll be back for next game... if Jamz still can't mod it, I'll do.

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

Kewl theme! Almost I'm tempted to bag the sabatical and join in! I'll think about it... :P

Tell me, would it be creepy asylum, like Edgar Allen Poe or Bram Stoker, or a more modern setting, like Girl Interrupted or Awakenings?

I'd like to add the Poe theme to my list of future games if it's not used here.

Thanks so much for stepping up, Katz!

Jamz :dragon3:

19th century insane asylum?

Where the horrors inside our minds are sometimes surpassed by our 'treatment'?

I am _so_ there.

The 20th century one, too.

I have the delusion that I am the entire cast of 'one flew over the cuckoos nest'.

How about that?

More later,

Vahktang

I'll definitely have to skip. *sighs*

*smirks* I would like to have played the 'mental institution' one. I just got through playing a character who had no idea that they were the wolf. Even though that wasn't clear enough. *sighs*

*skips away*

The main room? You mean the Cabaret room? I dunno, maybe if no one else responds in the next few days. Unless someone else wants to post it.

Jammeez: I'm sort of basing my perceptions on One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest and even the one from Patch Adams, I guess that's about the same as Girl Interupted but I saw Awakenings so long ago that I won't even try to comment on that one. And I'm not sure about what Poe's version was like, but I think the answer to that must be modern.

As for Tam's question: Maybe we could consider delaying it a week or so. How many people would be able to play if we did that? More? It will depend on how many new people we can recruit, like Eyremon mentioned.

I'll tally characters later.

Ive been out for a while and im ready to come back, but i can always hold off until more people come back. Insane asylum sounds good but didnt we already do that one??? oh thats right we did High School, eh not much a difference. Count me in as the guy who worships ball point pens and shouts out random words sometimes

SPINACH

looking forward to it, as always MTYFoolish

Well, I'll take the opportunity of my wolf break (and RL vacation) to think more of my own game. I'll be away Friday and I'll tell you when I'll be back. However, if anyone cannot do his/her game at it's spot when I'll be back, ring me a bell because I'll be up to do it. ;)

Tanuchan, I never answered your question (about being an NPC when you get back)... I'd say it might depend on when you come back, but I'm certainly willing to try if you still want to when you do.

Anyway, the tally (I don't think any of these are the chosen names, but whatever :P):

Nave

Gnarlitch as Himself

Vahktang

Ozymandias as Crackers

Eyremon

Jammeez - if we can wait

dragonqueen

MTUFoolish as Spinach

Dean as Napolean

I think that's enough to do the thing with, but we'd only have one wolf.. right? Anyway, I'll make a first post (I won't say when, because I'm bad for saying, "I'll post such and such in an hour" and never doing it...) and you guys can begin introducing your characters before the first murder occurs. Hopefully some new people will join or it'll be a short one.

Posted!

Now, I'd like for you all to be in Dustin's group. Introduce yourself when you can. I haven't decided when I'm progressing to step 2 (NPC death and roles sent out) but in the meantime you can follow along the schedule I outlined. Dustin doesn't have to meet *everyone* before supper, but I think we probably shouldn't go much farther than that before we know that no one else is joining. I'm not sure how much "time" everything will take; night and day phase may differ each time, so I'll be sure to tell you whether it's a day in the game, or just until breakfast, or what. Real time will be 48 hours each day phase and 24 each night, after roles are sent.

If you plan to join but must wait somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks, tell me so I can plan more definitively on when to start.

Oh, and Tanuchan, would you like to help me RP Dustin before you go? Basically he sees things. I'm sure you can handle it :P

Game on!