The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happy Birthday

Peredhil

Peredhil zips in to set up the Birthday Room for Valdar and Astralis, only to find the Dreamer's scarred visage already present.

Distaining the use of the gentle enchantments the Birthday Room provides, the Dreamer is recreating scenes from their shared past.

Easing away, he reapproaches the Birthday Room for Aardvark - only to find when he arrives that it is mysteriously ready...

Of a sort.

The candles on the cake are dynamite, the colors are swaths of yellows, rose-thorn-tipped blood reds, violent purples, and purest white..

It's somewhat reminiscent of the landscape in which Wylie Coyote and the Road Runner play their endless nondestructive games of cartoon violence.

Seeing that THAT room is well in hand, he tiptoes away, and reapproaches for Parmenion.

Even as he reaches the door, he can hear the Irish band celebrating in full swing, with the smell of whiskey drifting into the hallway.

Laughing, he wishes them all a very Happy Birthday, musing that the Penners will have a variety of choice in birthday entertainments today!

Happy b-Day to all of yall!!!!

Happy Birthday and very best wishes to Valdar and Astralis!

Aardvark-I found this for you.

Knock Knock

Who's there !

Aardvark !

Aardvark who ?

Aardvark a million miles for one of your smiles !

And that was before I knew it was your birthday.

And Parm-*WEG* this is for you:

Three guys, one Irish, one English, and one Scottish, are out walking along the beach together one day. They come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it. "I will give you each one wish, that's three wishes in total", says the Genie.

The Scottish guy says, "I am a fisherman, my Dad's a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman and my son will be one too. I want all the oceans full of fish for all eternity." So, with a blink of the Genie's eye FOOM! the oceans were teaming with fish. The Englishman was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around England, protecting her, so that no one will get in for all eternity."

Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye POOF! there was a huge wall around England.

The Irishman asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall." The Genie explains, "well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick, protecting England so that nothing can get in or out."

The Irishman says, "Fill it up with water."

Edited by Savannah

Wyvern quickly dashes into the Cabaret Room and immediatly approaches Valdar, signaling the words "Happy Birthday" as best as he can through symbolic horn-language. Rummaging through a tattered sack that he carries, the overgrown lizard pulls out an extra-large, extra-shiny ear ornament and the latest issue of "Enticing Elves," winking towards the planewalker as he hands him the gifts and hissing numerous birthday wishes in the process.

Turning from Valdar & Astralis, Wyvern proceeds to wander up to Aardvark and begins sorting through the sack he carries once again, pulling out a rusty crowbar and a defanged rattle snake. The skies darken as Wyvern sets up an open umbrella that clouds the sun from Aardvark's view, and the darkness is accentuated by the large rumble of Aardvark's cake-smell-receptive stomach. Wyvern bows to the birthday Herald, then goes into a meditative stance which causes the rattlesnake to begin swallowing the crowbar whole. At this point, the Aardvark segment of the birthday post abruptly cuts off, leaving the readers to wonder about what may potentially happen next in a mixture of admiration and confusion... Happy birthday, Aardy. ;-)

After he's finished with Aardvark, Wyvern quickly wanders up to Parmenion and hands the Quill-Bearer a tracking imp should he ever need to spy on Arwen's recent activities. Nudging and winking to Parmenion while snickering to himself, the greedy lizard hisses "Happy Birthday."

OOC: A slightly belated Happy Birthday to Valdar & Astralis, Aardvark, and Parmenion. You can all expect individual shout outs on tommorow's episode of "Any. Given. Moment..."

Aardvark: Happy birthday you crazy Aussie. You are spicing up this place and it is all great.

Valdar & Astralis: You are a very imaginative Pennite and I am grateful for that. Happy Birthday!

Parmenion: Well, I wish you a smooth Quill Quest. Happy Birthday. :)