The warmth of your soul

though your face is so pale,

I miss you with all my heart.

Dearest, dark, prince of mine..

why have you left me?

Do you still love me?

You left me

And I'm alone.

Good poem, 'specially for a first! wishes he'd done so well, but he recalls one of his first poems being about pizza.

Free verse and nice use of formatting to give emphasis - I like the occasional "almost" rhyme (mind-mine), and visual rhyme that isn't (alone - gone), for me, it heightens the feeling of dischord and disruption his leaving has caused. As if the speaker is trying to maturely go on, but the secret pain inside constantly disrupts her thoughts.

I think in

Yet, I still see your face

I might've said,

Yet still I see your face,

Just to get rid of the comma and ease flow (I like to slide into each verse and then bobble around. :P)

hugs and scoots away to start his day.

Very neat this.. it brings feelings, so that's a very big plus ^_^

And I was going to suggest the same as Peredhil.. had it all written out too... good thing I decided to read the comment before posting :rolleyes::P

But yes, I read that sentence automatically in the way Peredhil suggested putting it, just sharing that thought ^_^

Welcom to these boards, and again, very neat poem *hugs*

Edited by Appy

Guest Morbid Angel

WOW! that was awesome for your first! I really liked it! COngrats. look forward to reading more of your work!

:sword: Morbid Angel :sword:

I think this is beautiful-- I wouldn't have believed that it was your first poem if you hadn't said anything. Extremely well done-- I hope you continue your carreer as a poet.

By the way... I tend to politely disagree with Peredhil and Appy. I like the commas. However, any advice I give should be taken with a grain of salt, because I overly use seperating devices such as dotdotdots, dashes, semicolons, commas, hyphens, and others. So... I might not be the best person to give advice, but I liked it the way it was ;)

Well done!