The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf Q+A

DeanTheAdequate

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all mods and mods-to-be

We've had a somewhat big stream of newcomers to the boards, who have never played or heard of a Werewolf game. So please, I'll be suggesting you that, to avoid problems with people who are unaware of the rules and the need of a sign-up, to post first of all in the Game Thread a warning. This would ideally state that a sign-up is needed, and give a link to the OOC Thread and perhaps to the rules of the game, as well as clearly stating whether the signup is open (and the deadline for new sign-ups). In this way I believe that it'll be more enjoyable for all, and give new people the chance to observe a game in progress :)

Also, if any of the mods is up to it, I see no problem in having NPCs played by members who didn't have the chance to sign-up; it must just be made very clear that they can't vote, influence votes, speculate on the identity of the special roles... and obviously, that they cannot be voten on!

Hope this helps!

Edit: Adding the list of mods-to-be :)

Mod Master List - update

• WW XXXVII - Ozy (Matrix)
  • WW XXXVIII - Tanny (Jordan's Wheel of Time or King Arthur/Avalon)
  • WW XXXIX - Venefyxatu (post-nuclear or Romans)
  • WW XL - Katz (twisty game... :P)
  • WW XLI - Patrick (possibly Narnia)

MIA mods-to-be... if any of you want back in the list, please drop a post/pm :)

- Savage Dragon (Super-heroes)

- Merelas (back to basics... possibly)

Works for me Tanny. Incidentally I'm still trying to come up with something that's worthy of being a werewolf game. How many games are currently pencilled in so that if I'm added to the end of the list I know roughly how long I've got.

Hrmmmm.... Ozy is next, and I think he has some time for that one... then me.. I might manage it too this time.... Vene possibly can also... not sure about Katz, haven't seen her around for a bit. Patrick is normally also available. I'd say you'd have close to two months possibly ;) Since near the Holidays I'm not sure how many people would actually be able to participate, probably even a bit more (unless those before you can't mod) :)

Mod Master List - update

• WW XXXVII - Ozy (Matrix)
  • WW XXXVIII - Tanny (Jordan's Wheel of Time or King Arthur/Avalon)
  • WW XLII - Gryphon (theme to come)

Quick notice

I've cleaned up this thread so that it actually reflects its topic - Q&A!! We'll keep using this as the "mod sign-up" thread, plus a sounding thread (:P) for ideas of games. However, I'll be pruning the thread from time to time, leaving just:

1- the posts that reflect questions about the game;

2- some interesting concepts not yet developed into a game;

3- suggestions about the game in general

4- latest modding sign-up lists

5- latest "theme pitches"

If there is some post that you don't want deleted for some reason (for example, ideas you have), I'd advise to keep them in a file somewhere else ;) Expect a pruning every couple months or so, so that this thread doesn't again swells into a giant one!

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done!

For now...I have exams to study for (bleah!)

...am I the only one who seems to notice a suspicious trend of the wolves winning my games?:P

Who's next on the table?

PS - Can I book Halloween next year? I want to run one based on the Nightmare Before Christmas :D

• 2 weeks later...

Quick note from Ozy - he phoned to let me know that his 'net connectivity is more problematical than initially anticipated. It's already been a week longer than expected, and could easily be another week, so if the next person due to mod wants to swap him spots in the queue that's more than fair. He still wants to run his game, but if y'all would rather run the next one whilst waiting for him to get his 'net connect sorted out he's totally okay with that.

• 2 weeks later...

After a quick talk to Patrick in MSN, I have volunteered to mod a Christmas-themed game (and thus traded slots with Ozy ;)).

I am quite busy for the next week or so, though... so I probably will start signup (technically, Pat will do it on my behalf) and leave it open for a week, then start a free-RP phase that will take another couple days. Game would probably start around the 12th, if that would be alright for people. If there are lots of people and Christmas time comes before we can wrap it up, I'm sure we can accomodate a few days on freeze ;)

What do you say?

Mod Master List - update

• WW XXXVII - Tanny (Christmas)
  • WW XXXVIII - Ozy (Matrix)
  • WW XLIII - Tanny (Jordan's Wheel of Time or King Arthur/Avalon)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*looks at the bouncing bloody-thirsty kitty*

*takes a couple steps back and hides under a table*

*tucks in nose and tail to avoid being spotted*

*ahem*

Woot also for the fixed net! :)

I would love to play and I would be almost ready to play... but I am not sure when I will have easy internet access (I'm overseas and still trying to find a place to stay more or less permanently for the next year). But if by the time you start the game I feel I can at least keep one post per phase, I'll be in! :)

Mith says almost the same :P

We'll get back to you when you open sign-up!

• 1 month later...

Mmm... one more game gone... who is next? This is my last list, but I think Vene is MIA for now, and Katz also. Pat? Gryph? Someone else?

Mod Master List - update

• WW XLIII - Tanny (Jordan's Wheel of Time or King Arthur/Avalon)

I'm ready to mod, but I'm not feeling in the mood for modding a Narnia game right now (blame it on George R.R. Martin and his Song of Ice and Fire series, put me too much into the mood).

So, who would be interested by a game in Martin's universe? For those who don't know it, it's pretty low fantasy, with just a few weird creatures and quite rare magic.