The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Little miss perfect

Im little miss perfect in my world,

The world i created

For people to see

But they only see this world,not me.

Hey, I'm little miss wonderful, look at me,

I'm spoilt and don't know the meaning of money.

I get what i want, or moan till I do,

But possessions aren't everything.

Hey, im little miss beautiful, look at me.

Everyone thinks I'm so pretty,

But confidance I have none

So i dont believe the constant compliments.

Hey, I'm little miss talkative, look at me.

I talk alot and make people happy.

I listen and give advice,

But most of the time I dont care.

Hey, I'm little miss crazy , look at me.

I act crazy and hyper,but you dont see.

I'm really quiet shy,

Only acting this way because I'm insecure.

Hey, I'm little miss happy, look at me.

I laugh and smile and giggle sweetly,

And I'm fun to be around.

But I'm not happy, I'm a good actress!

So what do you think of little miss perfect now?

Edited by Arwen

Hugs

Like father like daughter...

I was much MUCH shyer when I was young, and too smart for my own good:

Knowing I was shy, I looked at the world and noticed that people sometimes sought out the shy ones. They left the loud hyper ones alone after a superficial glance -

So, because I was shy, I acted loud and hyper - so I'd be left alone and no one could hurt the real me inside.

Missed out on a lot of life and friends, doing that.

Good poem. Hope Wyvern likes it too.

Hugs her a lot

Arwen slowly raps her fingers on the small coffee table sitting next to her chair and sighs, glancing towards the Recruitment desk in the hopes of finding the Elder of Initiates but noticing only a dust-covered "Out to Lunch" sign sitting there. Sighing and fidgeting in her chair, she wonders what could possibly be taking Wyvern such a long time to arrive...

Wrenwind, who is anxiously pacing back and forth next to Arwen's seat, turns towards the applicant and mutters:

"Sorry about the wait, Arwen. The lizard's absences are something one gradually grows accustomed to... I'm afraid that judging by the sign on his desk, it may still be a while before he-"

At that moment, Wyvern suddenly barges into the Office at full speed and interrupts Wrenwind in mid-speech. The overgrown lizard has numerous papers clenched in his claws and teeth and a "to-do" list has been attached to his tail by means of his scorpion tip. The list is so long that it drags behind the lizard like a tattered carpet, almost inviting people to tred on his tail.

Gasping for breath and collapsing upon reaching his desk, Wyvern is promptly buried in an avalanche of papers as his falling to the ground causes a seismic shift in the mountains of sheets surrounding the area. Wrenwind winces at the sight of Wyvern's unexpected burial and quickly reaches for an emergancy telephone resting on a nearby wall, dialing for the Elder Dwarf clean-up service. After a short wait, Bravery arrives at the Office with a miniature shovel and rapidly digs Wyvern out of the mess.

Slowly standing up and rubbing his scaly head in pain, Wyvern greets both Arwen and Wrenwind with a wave of a papercut claw and a clumsy grin. Swiftly walking up to Arwen and snatching the application poem from her hands, the overgrown lizard reads the piece over several times before sinisterly hissing:

"I ssssee... A good poem, Arwen. However, before I accept it, a question:"

Wyvern rubs his scaly palms together as an evil grin slowly makes it's way over his face.

"Is it true that you're spoiled to the extent that you no longer know the meaning of money? If so, I'd certainly be willing to help you correct that trait-"

Wyvern's negotiation tactics are suddenly cut short as he notices Wrenwind glaring at him menacingly, and he grumbles as he stamps Arwen's application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application poem, Arwen... welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) Sorry for the long wait in responding, I was loaded down with work... For what it's worth, though you may have technically only just applied, I've considered you a member of the community for some time now and hope that you continue to enjoy posting with us and contributing. :) Once again, welcome!

Wonderful poem, and congrats on being accepted! Welcome to 'official' membership. I'm glad you're on this side of the fence now, and can't wait to read more of your work.

- Justin

PS - if you don't really know the value of money, and you want to, it's never too late to learn, and a very valuable exercise! (of course it comes hand in hand with a depression of it's own. :P:P:P)

Edited by Justin Silverblade

Congrats.

I have trouble seeing the value of money sometimes because Its like everyone beleives it into existance. But thats just me :P

Really the idea of know the value of money is realizing that some people have to wrok really hard to get it, and then you look at things and think, "Is that really worth the effort it takes to get?"