The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A dying Heart

Wylde

Welcome!

This has a lot of potential... But I can see room for some work. The last stanza shows the most, to me... It's a bit rough. If I may suggest... With changes in bold:

Time to decide:

shall I still hate?

My heart has died,

Yet still I wait.

Sorry... I'm big on syntax (Punctuation, spelling, etc). It's my opinion that you shouldn't leave people guessing as to how you're saying something, so that they can focus on deciding what you're saying.

Just my opinions. Anyway, welcome!

Heh, I'll pat you on the back simply because you have the courage to post!

I remember my fears about posting, how I simply *knew* I had no talent, and the anticipation of pain I'd feel when the skilled established poets would "do a nose-job on my baby" without anathesia.

Then when they liked it - I felt like a fraud, sure that the next piece would be the one that revealed me...

Now I've learned to smile and say, "thank you", answering my failure to reach the perfection for which I yearn with the warmth of my Pen friend's approval. It's nice to have a place where the corrections are suggestions on how to become better, not attempts to show-off the ego of the critc at a poster's expense. :)

Oh, yes - I'm glad you posted this, and look forward to you posting more. Don't be held back by fears of spelling and such - it's important to get the feeling, image, or inspiration out of you and down on paper, and *then* start fixing it up. Getting past that inner critic, as Elder Wyvern reminded me earlier tonight, is essential.

Welcome to the Pen

A very good first attempt Wylde, already picturing an image in my head tells me you certainly have potential.. but I also like Alaeha's suggestion, if only just for letting it flow more, so the image won't shatter.. am I making sense? Probably not lol

By Peredhil:

Then when they liked it - I felt like a fraud, sure that the next piece would be the one that revealed me...

Aye, that's me at the moment! I hate it! lol <_<

It's nice to have a place where the corrections are suggestions on how to become better,

*nod* that's why I am still here.. ^_^

*hugs Wylde* Welcom to the boards! I hope your stay here wil be as pleasant as mine so far :)

Great job! I have one suggestion and that is to say that I would hesitate to a word such as 'Hate' more than once in a poem that short. It's pretty common poetry wise, and whilst it's quite punchy and accesses immediate emotive images, it comes with the disadvantage that the reader will almos certainly notice such a repitition - and therefore possibly take a line of thinking that the author lacks creativity; something you don't want. :)

Good luck.