The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

An introduction

Regel

Greetings and Salutations! I have been attracted to this place for many reasons. Mostly it has been the quality of the people I have met through ArchMage that convinced me that this would be a good place for this old soul to haunt. I must confess the I am not a writer and that unlike most of you I haven't come here to hone or develop a latent skill. I would like to thank my friends Wyvern Peredhil and WrenWindSong for convincing me to try this out. To the rest of the members of The Pen I look forward to meeting you all.

Wyvern quickly strides into the Cabaret Room, immediatly taking notice of Alaeha and hearing her curious question directed towards Regel. Turning towards the Saddened Spellsinger and snickering to himself gleefully, the overgrown lizard whispers:

"We haven't worked out a contract yet... but Regel has lots of chocolate, so I'm convinced that he has the means to pay for it!"

Regel raises a brow curiously at Wyvern as he turns towards the Apocalyptic Angel and exclaims:

"Regel! It's excellent to see you writing here... Your flight from the rough winds of Terra was not too exhausting, I hope? Please make yourself at home, sit on one of the comfortable easychairs, have a few glasses of Bruteweiser Booze™, and immerse yourself in the excellent writing found in these halls. I hope we'll eventually get to see some creative writing from you as well... after all, the "I am not a writer" argument is what they always say at first..." ;p

Regel sighs to himself and shakes his head as Wyvern whips out the Endless Decanter and pours him a full glass of booze... some things never changed... ;-)

OOC: Great to see you here, Regel... I hope you've enjoyed what you've read so far, and that you'll find the Pen an open and welcoming community. :)

"Thank you for the warm greeting Alaeha." With a smile planted firmly on his face Regel hugs Peredhil leans to his ear and whispers, "RogBard is someone else." The lines around that smile are deeply etched into a tanned face. "Wyvern! So this is the home that you frequent now. I will try and meet the minimum requirements of this esteemed writers guild. I will need a some guidance in this area as I know nothing about the way you conduct business here.” Turning back to Peredhil the second oldest Apocalyptic Angel asks “ Recruitment hall?”

Peredhil turns a deep brick-red shade that simply doesn't match his clothes.

Meep! I am SO sorry! I'd make all sorts of excuses and spin out mitigating circumstances, but the truth is, I was just in too much of a hurry and plain wrong.

Identity is an important thing to me, so I'm doubly aghast at twixting yours. :(

But, this does provide an opportunity to show your patience, kindness and understanding. :)

Peredhil hugs REGEL, who unfailingly greets him in any AoA room, in ThePen room, and now in the Cabaret.

Oh, your question. If you head down that short Hallway and go through the door (knock gently, it's an intelligent door!) you'll find the outer office in which sits Melba, the Almost Secretary of the Pen. We were looking for an executive assistant for Elder Wyvern, but she arrived first and moved in.

I think she might have a crush on Brute.

Anyway, If you read the stickies on the walls, and present your application, the Recruiter, that Almost Dragon Elder, Wyvern, will get to you as soon as his schemes allow.

With a sigh, Peredhil thanks Regel again for his nearly infinite patience with the Polite Ancient.

'lo...Regal... name sounds real familar... Prolly saw you around way back in my AM days... but then again prolly not...

welcome anyways...

revery

the dreamlost

"hello there its me again, you long time absent fogotten friend."

the dream continues...

a.k.a

revery_tdc

The crack in his knees were audible as the old Terran dropped down to Rune's level. Eyeball to eyeball Regel looks into Rune's small face and smiles.

"It's not the first time these knees have been hugged but certainly has been a while." the laughter that follows is contagious. Regel slowly rises again his knees report. "Thank you one and all for your warm greetings. Friendships are not made overnight but some are indeed off to a very good start."

Tzimfemme dusts off the Regel molds for AoA Miniature Chocolate Mages and melts down bricks of some fabulous orange-flavored chocolate she found recently. "It's even slightly krispy to match your mage color," she grinned, accidentally-on-purpose rerouting a bite-size brick to her mouth.