The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Dance is over

Peredhil

Peredhil enters the Pen silently. For a change, he travels alone.

Making his way to his chambers, he opens the drawer beside the bed, and after gently touching the empty spot where someone had removed a picture, he shifts his hand and removes a small worn book.

Opening to the bookmark, he enscribes,

EverQuest

Lord Frond Terpsichorean

Adept of The Legion of the White Rose.

Order of the Jade Arrow

Underneath the words, he draws a pair of dancing shoes, dangling from the words by their laces.

Removing a white rose and a thorn from his pocket, he places the rose on the bottom of the page he pricks his finger and lets a single drop of blood drop onto the petal. After the azure glow has faded, a white-gold petal remains on the page.

Replacing the book with a gentle smile, he makes his way to the Cabaret, hugging people as he goes.

There, he joins his bodyguards and sons at a table. Answering Elrohir's silent query, he replies,

Well, Real Life has claimed another piece of my heart. Now I am Frond no more, only an Ancient with less and less time.

At least, unlike so many others, I leave with affection and good memories for my comrades.

Looking into the dark swirl of an aged wine, he broods. He hates having to let things go.

*Hugs* I'm sorry... I haven't played Everquest in so long... mostly because most of the people I enjoy talking to aren't there anymore.

But it really hurts to quit something you enjoy because you have to, rather than because you choose to.

*Sighs*

*Hugs again*

Meep! I'm not leaving the Pen!

What I've left is the Legion of the White Rose. Without EverQuest, and with my more and more limited online time, I was not only ineffectual, I was perhaps disruptive. I like all the people there enough not to ruin what they have, plus it's a logical cost/benefit decision. There's a place called Ancients for inactive people here. The small amount of time I spend here and writing PMs seems to make a difference.

Where else am I gonna get daily hugs? :)

-Peredhil who's finding he doesn't communicate clearly when exhausted.

I knew what you meant as well, I think. So you can always PM me when you're exhausted. Some people are a lot of fun on no sleep. Such as myself.

And Daily hugs are available from me, as well. Or Hourly. Because I like hugs too.

*Hugs*