The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Paths

Vlad

hmm... it's been a while since I wrote anything, decided to poke my head in.

--------------

How many roads must a man walk down

to know where he is in this life?

How many ways must he reject

to find the one meant for him?

Can he ever stop searching

for the only true love?

Can he honestly live

with his heart for display?

Will anyone ever decide

what they need to be?

Will this life and next

be full of the joys?

How will we know?

How can we know?

That first line seems very familiar. Probably due to the fact that I have spent the day listening to Dylan, and that it is the first line of “Blowin’ In the Wind”. Not that I am accusing you of plagiarism or anything, but unfortunately for me I subconsciously read the poem to the same beat as the song. It doesn’t work, trust me. It ruined my whole experience. The words are good, the meaning is there, it just doesn’t go along with the song.

"It’s not you, It’s me." :(

The line "How many roads must a man walk down?" was one of the possibilities that the mice in the first book (Hitchhiker's itself) were considering as the possible Question. They were trying for something philosophical sounding to go with the answer (42).

"The trick to flying is to throw yourself at the ground, and miss."

Greetings, Vlad. :ph34r:

Long time, no read. I did hear a little bit of Dylan in the back of my head, but I quickly pushed it away. This is good. The third stanza feels to me like it needs more. If I were given godly permission to alter it, I might consider a different word than "joys" or maybe rework the meter. Nice re-broadening of the mood of the poem, at the end. Nice to read you again.

-Icarus :dragon: