Utterly exposed.

I have nothing to protect me

But the faith that you are not cruel.

I come to you

Without refrain

No hesitation

Uninhibited.

I come to you as one lover comes to another

With nothing but the core of my self to offer.

I wait for you

Blindly assured

Free of discomfort

Serene and patient.

It is not arrogance that makes me thus

But belief that only if I am ready, shall I enter.

Ayshela wanders through distractedly, nodding to Illiana as she passes.

"Don't worry, Wyvern is a very busy almost-dragon but he will get here eventually. Don't buy anything he tries to sell you. You'll be fine."

Rune stumbles into Wyvern’s office carrying a giant crate of gummis shaped strangely like dragons (well almost dragons, they sort of resemble mutated birds). “Wyvern, This box came for you. Something about a bees nest deal?” She trips slightly and the box falls to the floor. The thin crate breaks into pieces and several of the gummis go cascading under the desk and bookshelves nearby. “Meep” She squeaks, and tries to catch as many as possible, but the rather large ratio of gummi in the candy compared to other ingredients cause them to bounce around the room spastically. “Oh no!” she furrows just as a large handful goes flying upward and into the ceiling fan overhead.

Noticing Illianna she scrambles to hide behind her. The Guest at the keep looks at her awkwardly.

“Sorry!” Rune says. “but you never know what will happen when the gummi’s hit the fan!”

-----------------

Edit: Welcome to the pen Illianna!

Edited by Rune

Merry trots in, hoping to comment on Illiana's lovely poem, but is immediately splattered with shredded gummi. First, she growls at the fan, from whence the gummi came. Next she growls at Rune, who allowed them to hit the fan in the first place. Lastly, she growls at Illiana, for...no reason.

"Lovely poem." She grumbles, wiping stickiness of her face. "Now to wash off this cherry-flavoured gunk."

Blanketed by a large pile of unfinished paperwork, Wyvern snores fast asleep at his desk, oblivious to the arrival of Illianna Wolfsong and unaware of the sticky situation that has developed in the Office... The overgrown lizard was having a delightful dream...

Skipping merrily down the Taxless Trail of the Finance Forest by the Money Mountains just North of the Penny Plains, Wyvern puts down the enormous dollar-sign-shaped lolipop which he had been sucking on and takes a moment to come to terms with his surroundings. Noticing several Big Buck Bushes and Greed Weeds in his proximity, Wyvern joyfully rushes towards a tree that happens to be growing Almost Dragonic Brand Lawnmower/Vacuum Cleaners™ in large quantities. Plucking one of these contraptions off of the tree and happily noticing that it's in season, the lizard prepares to mow through the forest when suddenly, the tree speaks up and says:

"... I have already placed the RonCo pocket breath extinguisher on order!"

"Excellent!" responds Wyvern as he begins prancing through the forest and putting his lawnmower/vacuum cleaner to use "It's about time those things grew on trees!"

Mowing over the Big Buck Bushes, Wyvern savours their every plea... "Meep" squeaks one before being consumed by the fan blades of his device... "Oh no!" cries another as it's sucked into the evergrowing bag of moolah attached to the cleaner. Finally, Wyvern arrives back at his original position, and raises a brow as his lolipop stands up and says:

"You never know what will happen when the gummis hit the fan!"

"That's what you think!" exclaims Wyvern as he turns to the dollar-sign-shaped lolipop's friend Gummi Bill, who happened to be visiting the Finance Forest in the hopes of getting away from his aunt Chocolate Coin and his uncle Taffee Banking Account Summary Sheet. Laughing evilly, Wyvern sucks Gummi Bill into his device and sinisterly watches him hit the fan blades...

Much to the overgrown lizard's shock and dismay, sucking the gummi into his machine causes the bag of money attached to it to promptly explode. The reptilian Elder's horror is quickly replaced with joy, however, as he notices that where the bag once stood now stands a sexy nymph clothed in only a few dollar bills... Offering the lady some Almost Dragonic Brand Cherry-Flavored Lipstick and a brief love poem, Wyvern hisses sinisterly and rubs his scaly palms together in anticipation as his mind races with evil thoughts...

Reading over the poem while putting on some lipstick, the nymph grumbles:

"Lovely poem... now, to wash off this cherry-flavored gunk."

"Gunk?!"

Wyvern suddenly awakens from his sleep only to be hit in the face by a barrage of gunk from the ceiling fan overhead... Grumbling to himself and wiping some shredded gummis from his face, Wyvern salutes all of those present in the office and apologizes for sleeping during his working hours. Picking up Illiana Wolfsong's application poem from his desk and smiling towards her, the reptilian Elder reads it over a few times and then happily exclaims:

"An excellent poem, Illianna! I wish I had read this before I fell asleep... it might have changed a course of action..."

Wyvern snickers to himself as those who have gathered in the room eye him curiously, wondering what "course of action" he might be referring to...

Stamping Illianna Wolfsong's application ACCEPTED, Wyvern looks around the Office and sighs that it seemed his "bees nest deal" wouldn't be working out after all... The lizard does crack a grin at the thought of Melba struggling to clean up the mess, however...

;-)

OOC: On a more serious note, Illianna, I really enjoyed your poem and your application is certainly ACCEPTED... Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) Sorry for the lateness in responding, as well as for the 'random Summer day dream" nature of the response... ;p Be sure to either post your e-mail address in this thread or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com, so that I can send you some additional Pen info. Once again, welcome! :)