The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Finnius/Best Served Cold/Assembly

Well... jeez... that was quick.

I didn't expect anyone to be on this late, more fool me.

Anyway, this is my once-a-week writing binge. I'll probably be at it for the next few hours, so enjoy.

Also, if anyone is reading this, contribute to the "Keep Me Awake" Fund, by IM'ing me at finnius1221. Much appreciated.

Edited by Finnius

Woot indeed...

yeesh... must...

finish...

Story!

need... cookies...

This is becoming a regular (Pronounced reg-uh-ler.) OOC thread for 'Cold.' And in less time than I would have thought possible. Cool.

oh BRAVO!

That was brilliant writing! You haven't lost the magic in your Pen.

Looks around nerviously and loosens his collar a bit.

Of course, I knew all along it was fiction. Erm, I'm an ANCIENT, not an Elder, and therefore have absolutely no power or influence in the Pen any more.

Wipes the sweat from his brow.

Heh, me taking an active role. Heh. heh. It's nice to have a humorous parody in a thread. Yeah, that it. Humorous.

I loved the way you captured all the rest though!

ahh Finnius, that was beautiful! were it printed it would be a definite page turner.

i can't even offer critique, i was too engrossed to notice more than the words tumbling by as i eagerly awaited the next.

brilliantly, beautifully done.

Finnius, I LOVE it! Sorry I couldn't keep you company longer on IM, but I'm just not quite the vampire you are!! *grins*

Oh, and by the way, you forgot the part where Salinye took that borrowed weapon and beat the snot out of a face painted black cloak wearing baddie. Just in case you need to edit! Posted Image

I can't wait to read more of your work, friend.

~Salinye :butterfly:

Awww... thanks all.

And Pered, I call that artistic liscence.

Besides, once the Terra Lost heresy started to spread, you were called back to active duty. :D

Just in case anyone was wondering, Atrernex (Within this story anyway.) is 'borrowed' from the Exophek-possessed-Gyrfalcon that our Gyr defeated in an alternate dimension. So it wasn't just a last-minute story saver.

• 2 weeks later...

Waiii! Ah, Finnius-sama, I'm so glad that I finally got the time to read your tale of Terra Lost. It was such a wonderful story, and typically well-written! :) Thanks so much for sharing it, and for bringing back memories. I can't wait to see what's next from that brilliant blue head of yours.

Sincerely,

~Yui

As others have said, Finnius, this was a very entertaining story. :) Just got around to reading it, and it amused me greatly the whole way through. Your uses of character and history manipulation remain excellent...

Having said this, Wyvern downs two packs of Mentos, three packs of breath mints, and gargles some mouth wash in the hopes of getting the ever-present taste of blood out of his mouth. The lizard also curses that noone was around to photograph him on the rare occasion when he looked intimidating, and extends a scaly palm towards Finnius in the hopes of recieving those withstanding dues...

;-)

• 2 weeks later...

First, allow me to say this:

I... despise... Juno. I would have been around a bit the last two weeks, but Juno... grr... had to screw over its free users. Which I am. So there are small problems in my getting connected for any decent length of time. Sorry about that.

Second:

I do have another story to post, but I won't be able to do so tonight, as I have to be at work in... oh, about fourty-five minutes. It'll be up as soon as humanly possible, though, which'll (Hopefully.) be sometime later this week. Tomorrow, if I'm lucky.

Third:

There is no 'Third;' however, announcements, infogramy (Not a real word.), and other purvesions of ideas tend to sound better in threes.

Again, thanks for the compliments and nice words, all.

• 2 weeks later...

Double grr's for tonight.

The first is my fault:

Remember that story I was going to post? Had the first part near-done after two or so hours... and the computer freezes up. Honestly, I only had two things up! Never again will I write without constantly saving.

The second is patently not:

Juno is still being annoying. And I qoute:

As a result of measures we have adopted to address disproportionate consumption of Web-related resources by heavier users of our free service, you will not be able to use the Web before 4:00 A.M. Eastern time.

It is now twenty-till five. Juno won't let me on for longer than a minute. I have attempted to get in touch with my monolithic so-called ISP, and gotten a completely useless automated 'help' service. This... must... stop.

So, no readables this week, which grinds me like crazy; seeing as I really want this story out! I will, however, give you a title, and short description; because otherwise my little blue brain will burst:

Pekkle's Bit;

The last tie-in I will ever write about Cerulean's Masquerade... maybe. :P