The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Just in case anyone wonders/cares...

Yeah, just to let anyone/everyone know, as it is, my roomie with a computer is moving out, so my 'net connection will be rendered useless... I'll be at my parents' every sunday, so I'll be posting once a week, obviously. That is, when they get their new comp. (The old one got fried. Yay!) Of course, even then, I don't know how much posting I'll be doing... I have a feeling my path as a writer is getting narrower as I go, so we'll see what happens.

Regardless, I'll still hang around as often as possible, if nothing else but to annoy everyone :P

:(

Fate seems to deal bad hands sometimes. Still, don't give up on writing... or at least, don't give up on the hope of writing. :) We'll miss you horribly, friend, so I hope you come around as often as you can.

It is bad news, but keep laughing and living. Wishing you the best in any absence you wish to/are forced to take,

- Justin

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to come on as often as before, Stick... I recommend keeping up your creative writing even if you can't always post, as what I read of your stuff was excellent and you have a knack for making great creative characters. Don't think of the path as getting narrower, but rather as ceasing to expand at times...

Having said this, Wyvern bows, hands Stick a large pitcher of booze for the road, and departs from the Cabaret Room.

Wyvern echoed my thoughs exactly, Stick.

*Gyrfalcon bows to his friend*

I hope a sollution to your access problem presents itself, like a new roomie with a computer moving in. :) Until then, I'll enjoy seeing you around when you can come by, and I hope to continue to see your excellent work.

Until next we meet, my friend.

As always, kind words are appreciated. Everyone around here always seems to have a way of making me feel special, which happens to be one of those things I kind of need every now and then. I appreciate it more than words can say ^.^ Also as always, I find that haste in my words leads to me being silly. I think I have to retract the part about my path as a writer getting narrower, and replace it with some common sense. Basically, I'm looking at it like this right now. Although I've come to realise that yes indeed, I do have some talent as a writer, if I may be so bold as to say so. People, as (thankfully) shown above, seem to enjoy my writing, which means a lot to me. A whole lot. However, I've also kind of realised we all have limits, and I think mine end at these boards. In other words, I don't think you'll be seeing any books written by Tyler Polishak sitting in any bookstores, ever. Ultimately, that *was* my plan all along, to improve my skills as an author here, but I think I've come to realise my potential, and that's just not in me. And that's fine; I enjoy writing for fun, and as a hobby, and I'll probably continue to do so until I get completely tired of it. It just seems to me that it's a rare occassion when I can actually pull some decent stuff off. And then, when I do, I get burned out for days, weeks or even months on end before I can write anything again. I think I'm *still* burned out, poetry-wise, because although I have more inspiration than I can handle, I just can't get any words down. If it's here, I'll close the window before I finish a line, and I've stopped trying to write poems on paper anymore.

But that's the way it goes, and I'm fine with that. I'd rather know my limits now, then go on with false ideals that would someday unravel around me; perhaps when I've dedicated too much to it, and wasted my time. Or something like that. So in other words, don't worry about me; like I said, I'll still post around here, just not as often, I'm afraid. Everyone's kind words are very special to me, but they are not necessary ^.^ I'm stubborn like a mule, and I'm good at accepting my reality as it is. I'm taking life as it comes, and for the most part, I'm happy. Though things often seem down for myself, I always find the resolve to make it through. I doubt I could do it without you guys (or my real-life friends and family as well) so, thanks. (I think I contradicted myself or something, but meh. Heh.)

*Stick bows ever-so-humbly and quietly backs out.*

Alright, so obviously at this point, it's pretty clear that my roomie *still* hasn't picked up his comp yet. Which is good, 'cause I've been bitten by some sort of writing bug or something. Y'know, I think pretty much everything I said above can be disregarded. I feel stupid for even posting this silly nonsense in the first place. Y'know, we all have doubts and what-not, but there's no point in getting everyone all worked up about them. It's one thing to ask for help or something like that, but this silliness on my part... gah. Oh well, what's done is done, I'm sorry to be so annoying, and I hope everyone looks forward to whatever sort of craziness (story-wise) I put down next!

^.^ :tree:

Ah, but Lady Celes, I'll be here as long as possible (and to everyone else) ...like I said, my former roomie hasn't taken his computer back yet, so I have free reign (good call on my part for not taking my modem in yet) on it for the time being. In the event that he does come back and get it soon, I'll be posting (as originally mentioned, and mentioned before I moved out on my own ^.^ ) every Sunday and/or any other time I go to my parents' place ^.^

I luv ya guys, all of you ^.^ :wub::tree:

Alright, final update until things change, my roomie finally took his computer back, so like I said quite some time ago, I'll be down to posting every Sunday, or whenever I'm somewhere where there's a computer.

Heh, sorry for any inconvenciences this may cause (to be more specific to all the people who's stories I'm in; Damon Inferel and Kasmandre, being the top two lately ^.^)