The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

C'mon guys...

If more comprehensive help for your writing was offered at the Pen, would you seek it out?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see on the previous poll nearly 40 hits, and only 4 votes! :huh:

I've been advised that part of the problem is that the answers are too simple, so I shall endeaver to give more complete options - and you should vote! This is your Pen, so be sure and speak up. :)

As always, if you have comments or suggestions, we would love to hear them.

hmmm,

When I want help, I post in the Writer's Workshop. I'm always willing to accept corrective positive suggestions on my posts else where.

When I have time, I try to provide constructive feedback on the Writer's Workshop items first, then if I have more time, I work through the public areas.

So I'm kinda always in 'helpful' mode in a way. My biggest limitation is time, which currently isn't under my control.

On the other hand, there are prolly people who would make time out of their busy schedules if they committed to doing so, and new that was needed/wanted.

I see this poll as verifying the first party, helpers, exist and would do this, and also verifying the second party, helpees, exist and want/desire help.

two geld...

To heck with what the tomato really is. The big question is: Is it "ketchup" or "catsup"?

More seriously, I really need to get into the WW more often and offer some kinda help. It's not that I don't have time so much as I don't take the time. If that makes any sense at all...

Oh well.

I guess that was my problem with the first poll, Zoolie. (Though I did vote. :P) I'm not sure what you're getting at. Don't we already help where we can and when we can? Don't people already ask for help when they especially want it? Are you wanting to formalize the process, or what?

Confusedly,

~Yui

Truth is, I'm just as confused as you are. :)

Do "I" want to formalise it? Not really - but I DO want to know if there are ways we can better help each other out. I'm just fishing, if you will, and am not sure what I will catch. We shall see. :)

Yeah, if someone came to me on an email and wanted help with this or that, I'd do my best to help them out. If I was just too busy, I'd tell them that too - nothing personal, it's really up to the current time budget. But I would certainly do what I could, and I think everyone here would too.

But I was also curious how the membership felt on the issue. Thanks for voting - twice! :)