so caught up was I

didn't feel the bite

until I was already dead.

howling through the ether

my spirit is unquiet

deep well of rage uncovered

lashing out with tooth and nail

meaning of hate discovered.

I can appreciate the concept of venting through writing rather than upon others....

suggestion: In the second stanza, death is used in two forms and perhaps one could be replaced with a synonym to give a more powerful effect...

Just a suggestion.....

twisted little serpent

telling me your lies

hissing in my ear

all the things

I wanted to hear.

lethal little spider

spun me in your web

so caught up was I

didn't feel the bite

until I was already dead.

howling through the ether

my spirit is unquiet

deep well of rage uncovered

lashing out with tooth and nail

meaning of hate discovered.

After stewing on it for the better part of a day, I took Zariah's advice and used a synonym for one of the death words in the second stanza. It was actually a tough call...I was really tempted to use toxic instead of lethal. And if words are going to come pouring out of me like they did with this one, I really should get upset more often. :rolleyes:

Hi Blondemoon,

I enjoyed this a lot. I like the way the metrical pulse of the first two lines of every stanza punches the poem forwards.

I think the substitution of 'lethal' works well here too.

Thanks for posting,

C. :)

Very good poem, Blondemoon... depicts the angst and rage that often evolve from lies and treachery in an abstract manner. Interestingly enough, when I first read this I immediatly associated it with a recent speech by a certain president, mostly because of the date it was posted and the title of the poem... But then, I have this annoying tendency to read things too politically some times. ;p

Once again, well done!

P.S: As Peredhil said, you may want to check out "It's of my Nature", written by M.C Scarub and archived in the "Poetic Justice Companion" thread located in the library.