The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Maybe...

:raven:

Knock Knock

Deaths at the door should I answer it?...

would it hold the key to my happiness?

could it really take away the pain in my heart?

maybe

would it hold the key to others sorrow?.

who would care?

should I?

maybe

Should I open the door with the clash of thunder and meet my fate?

is there really an after life?

will I find the answers I so earn to know?

maybe

There is but one way to find out...

wow, that's good.

pasrticularl like the use of :

"Should I open the door with the clash of thunder and meet my fate?"

I think fate is such an interesting word in this context. the sense of unavoidable mixed with free will... very old conflict for human nature. You will meet death some time, but it is you choice to meet it sooner. Yet in meeting your fate you could close yourself to the fate that awaits you in living.

Annnyyyhoooo, this is a very well written piece. reminds me a little of the raven among other things. while the format could be viewed as somewhat humourous (sp?) (I can't believe I can't spell that!) it's a very dark humour and lends weight to the graveness of the situation.

I say go meet your fate in life. Death is always at the end, but once taken the other fates are closed. There is always time to find the answers you are looking for later... concentrate on the things you only have this life to do.

Great poem Nightshade. Is there any chance that there may be a follow up one day that does explain what you found when you opened the door? Could be a neat project.

I will echo Hopper's comments and say that my favorite (and what I feel is the most powerful) line is

Perhaps because it is more complex and vivid than the other lines. It sort of stands out in the poem, similiar to what I imagine a flash of lighting would do in a night sky..which would result in the clash of thunder.

I really liked this one and yes I agree with the others

is the most vivid line. I also like the way It sounds like the person's thoughts. It sounds lik they are confused and trying to figure things out and make a decision quickly. Great job.