The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Cerulean's Masquerade - A Party...

Peredhil

Knight

Knight walks in, dressed in bright armor, and a very, very convincing mask of Kendricke. In his arms is a massive box, which contains the awesome statuette of Mr. Bunny himself. It is autographed. "Hello everyone."

------------------

Initiate - Mages of Forgetten Wars- Blitz II

Blood Warrior of Souls- Army of Darkness

Stupidity is killer.

Ich hatte einen Kameraden; einen besseren findest du nicht -

Once I had a comrade; a better one you could not find.

Vice president of the official Mr. Bunny Fan club

"..." - Mr. Bunny

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, and at the worst possible time.

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be..."

-General Douglas

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumpenproletariat

Peering through the glass, lumpy-grinch (OOC: errr?)notices the kendrike in the corner argueing, and a kendrike just walking in, wasn't there only supposed to be one?

"Anyway, time to put my plan into action."

Lumpy-Grinch starts off around the roof, over towards the chimney. Looking down the chimney, he sees the roaring blaze of the fire that heats the Hall. Due to some Grinchy property, that lumpen has no idea about, he is able to slip down the chimney with cat-like ease, while feeling no heat whatsoever.

Once inside, he peers left, then right. Seeing as noone is looking in this direction, he idles left, to the corner, and the large sack of presents. While attention continues to be drawn elsewhere by swarms of Mishas, and The Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen, The lumpy-Grinch has already grabbed the bag, and is back up off the chimney, somehow. Once he gets to the roof, it'll be time to put plan 2 into action...

The Grinch Who Stole Ceruleans Pressies...

------------------

Extraodinare Master of the Lute

Teller of Grand Tales

Minstrel of Terra

Saint of Terra: Patron of Spamming, Mispeller of Names

THM-App

FOoD-Beta

Dard of Terra

Black

While wandering around trying to find the host, he wondered where to put his gift. There didnt seem to be a gift pile anywhere. Thinking this was odd he went to ask where to put it. Going up to one of the guests he asked. The person pointed to a spot that didn't have any there.

"What was going on?" Black/Burn wondered.

Knight

*gulps* Just one? Damn... plan change.. *Knight whips out the lumpy mask, pops it on, and hobbles around like a drunk*

------------------

Stupidity is killer.

"..." - Mr. Bunny

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be..."

-General Douglas MacArthur

Wyvern

Wyvern lifts himself from the creaky bar-stool and decides to bid welcome to the many new guests that have arrived at the party. He is shocked to see that the mages of the party are no longer having fun, but are rather sitting worried about the safety of Cerulean, Scarlett, and the other adventurers that had decided to take on the challenge of braving the locust-filled third floor... Even more shocking to Wyvern is Ceruleans bag of gifts... the mountain of legendary grandeur had been reduced to a single, insignificant looking package! He watches in horror as a fur-covered hand reaches out of the chimney and snatches the last remaining gift. Wyvern quickly takes out a portable telephone and calls up "air security". Whoever the theif was... he was in for a nasty surprise.

Wyvern then turns to the Archmages of the party, who still look considerably worried. He takes out a microphone and announces

"Come on now people... don't be worried! Cerulean can take care of herself... and lets not forget the group of skilled warriors accompanying her! In fact, I don't think the locusts pose-"

But before Wyvern can finish, all the electricity of the Conservatory blows out and is replaced by an insectoid buzzing sound. Wyverns voice is overrun by screams coming from the third floor plastic jungle...

------------------

Wyvern

...almost a dragon.

Proud Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Diplomat and representitive of Succubi or Bust (S.o.B )-BG

Unofficial member of the Mr. Bunny fan club.

"GIVE ME A CARROT GODDAMMIT!" -Mr. Bunny

Finnius

Meanwhile, on the third floor,

They were wily, that was for sure. Now that the lights were out, the adventurers had become seperated.

Or, to be more specific, Finnius had become seperated from them. But, semantics to the side, the locusts were still wily.

As he was tramping through the plastic vines and creepers of Scarlett's most tasteless decoration to-date, the blue wolf-mage came upon two figures. As he was in a jungle, and he had always heard that jungles were full of cannibals, Finnius leaped roughly fourteen feet into the air. The figures then came into a patch of light, and he came back down.

"Hello Pekkle," said the adrenalized wolf, "who's that with you."

The demoness-in-training shrugged, and said that, whoever he was, he seemed to know Cerulean. So he couldn't be completely useless.

The two figures and the booze-soaked mage got themselves properly introduce, then began looking for the main party, who were sure to be in over their heads without the masterful blue mage. (Hey, it's my post, OK?!)

As they were walking under a rubber-tree plant, Silexion was wrenched up off his feet, caught in a snare.

"Would you kindly help to get me down, Finnius?"

The blue mage agrees, and as he is scaling the tree, a large bamboo cage falls onto him, trapping him. Both the snare and cage are magic-proof, as the two soon find out.

"Silexion?"

"Yes, Finn?"

"Make a note. Locusts always set traps in pairs."

At that exact moment, hundreds upon thousands of the winged beasts errupt out of the surrounding foliage, spears in hand.

Lumpenproletariat

Something was comng, lumpy-Grinch could sense it. He finished scrambling up the chimney, and out on to the roof.

Yes, someone was coming, he could now hear it to, time for plan 2.

Downing a potion of invisibility, Lumpy-Grinch runs down the side of the building, and off into the forest, very intenionaly going for his underground lair, thos Dominion Air Police wouldn't find him there...

------------------

Extraodinare Master of the Lute

Teller of Grand Tales

Minstrel of Terra

Saint of Terra: Patron of Spamming, Mispeller of Names

THM-App

FOoD-Beta

Dard of Terra

Jerry

Jerry was confused. A second ago the gifts where stocked all the way up to the third floor and now they were gone along with the electricity. Jerry decided the best thing to do was to find Wyvern and complain ( ). So he attempted to reach the spot where he had last seen Wyvern. He bumped into several mages and each time he mutured Sorry. He finally bumped into a mage with a very bad skin problem or Wyvern.

------------------

You know what they say: What goes up... is higher than it was before.

I might be a newbie, but I'm not stupid.

It's better to be rich & in good health than poor & sick.

I thought I was undecided, but I'm not sure.

Black

Still confused as to what to do, he started to go up floors. Passing the second floor he went to the third. Where he noticed a plastic jungle. He heared a sound in the distance. Following the buzz he saw two mages in traps, as well as the creatures. Many spears then came at him.

"Ak..." was the only word he could get out before turning to mist. The spears went right through him. A voice then came from the mist.

"Ummmmmm, now what? Whats going on? I was just wandering when I saw this."

Wyvern

At Cerulean's Masquerade, things were getting way out of hand. The many costumed archmages of the party lay silent and frightened, listening to the screams echoing in the darkness. Ceruleans enormous mountain of gifts had vanished, 'air security' still hadn't called up... the expert photographer Wyv had hired was missing. To top it all off, some Archmage kept following Wyvern complaining about the faults of the party... the very things the worried lizard was desperatly trying to correct...

Suddenly, Wyverns portable lets out a little ring. At the sound, he nervously clutches his telephone, laying a trembling finger on the 'respond' button. He clenches his teeth as the voice of air security comes on the line... this call could very well determine whether or not Cerulean's un-birthday had been ruined...

In a hoarse, nervous voice, Wyvern asks "D-did you find anything...?"

Air security answers, but the ranting complaints of the Archmage next to Wyvern obscure the dominions voice.

"...and why did the lights go out? Where did the mountain of..."

Wyvern loses his temper, roaring "SHUT UP!!!" and shoving the Archmage to the side. The mage tumbles over and falls into the Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen's hot tub of booze, soaking the gods sexy, sexy bandages...

Back on the phone, Wyvern demands security "Well?! DID YOU???!!!"

Security waits a moment before responding... a minute that seemed like a century to Wyvern... and responds in a nervous voice "Sorry... we didn't find any presents..."

On hearing this, Wyvern drops his portable phone and collapses on his knees to the ground. The party had well and truly become desecrated... some host he was! He had thrown the party in the hopes of honoring Ceruleans birthday, and had ended up causing her to risk her life! Noone was enjoying themselves... the presents were gone... the Conservatory was a mess. Where had he failed... Where...?

As mages dash in all different directions, barking orders or becoming lost in the confusion, Wyvern sobs silently to himself on the Conservatory floor...

------------------

Wyvern

...almost a dragon.

Proud Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Diplomat and representitive of Succubi or Bust (S.o.B )-BG

Unofficial member of the Mr. Bunny fan club.

"GIVE ME A CARROT GODDAMMIT!" -Mr. Bunny

Gwaihir

At this point the original Misha/Gwaihir came back into the room.

He took in his surroundings, things looked even worse than they had before. Then he saw Wyvern on the floor sobbing, he asked someone what was wrong. When he heard this GwaiMish remembered that he still hadn't given Cerulean his present.

It would come in Really handy right now, if he could only find Cerulean.

Wyvern really cared, maybe, but no, probably only Cerulean could use it. They were her presents.

He ran off to find her, not knowing or caring what he was running into.

Finnius

What could go wrong now? The locusts had decided to let Silexion go, with no reason given, but they had kept the blue mage. And now they wanted to sacrifice him.

The wily bugs had given Finnius some kind of hallucinagenic, so he wasn't exactly in a good state of mind. Let's listen in...

Why, oh why did they have to take the donkeys? I really liked mine. I named it. Its name was snowflake. (You've been eating the plants again.) So?! So what?! I am the Lord of Schlocksch! Bow to me!! (I think you may need a nap, why don't you lie down for a while...) I need NO Schleep, Schleep needs me!

(As you can see, he's in no state to talk. (Or to stay silent.) I didn't ask you. (Well you got me. (Me too- (And me!)))

Could things get any more dire for the intrepid blue mage/s?

Yui Temae

Yui steps from a shadow into a scene of utter chaos. Under the familiar black of her cowl, her eyes widen as she takes in the huge amounts of structural damage to the room, the puddles of booze and ... other things she does not care to investigate all over the floor, the passel of people who've taken to dancing naked on the well-lit stage, and the general, overall ruccus of this purported 'tasteful' affair. With an audible gulp, she considers stepping back into the darkness and ShadowWalking back to the safety of her own castle.

... but then she sees Wyvern kneeling on the floor not so very far away, sobbing. With a frown, she decides to brave the madness and walks over to his side. As she looks down on his shaking back, her frown turns to a look of concern, and she reaches out a pale hand to place upon his shoulder...

In doing so, her cloak gaps open for the first time, revealing her poor attempt at a costume. A minimalist outfit of leather and steel covers her petite frame, highlighted by the wicked-looking bullwhip curled by her hip. Yui-natrix, Mistress of Pain, feels a whole lot of breeze and blushes a bit, wondering again just why she let Aegon talk her into wearing this particular outfit to the party. ... and then she recalls his expression when she modelled it for him. The huntress smirks to herself. Well, that answers that question, now doesn't it?

Shaking herself back to the present, she leans down and speaks to the still-sobbing almost-dragon. "What is wrong, Wyvern? Do you need some help?"

------------------

@-/--- Yui-chan

Student of the Kendricke School of Mile-long Posts

The one who stole Aegon from AoD ... and then got stolen by AoD

Forever a mage of the Hall of Justice

Yui-chan #65, a mage of Verdant magicks

Jerry

Jerry saw Wyvern sobbing on the floor.

"Now, now Wyvern. The blackout didn't last that long. Shedding all your tears for such a small thing is useless." ( )

Jerry, seeing his words had not helped Wyvern stop crying, let Yui reconfort the almost-dragon and went to investigate the dissapearance of Cerulean's un-birthday present pile.

------------------

You know what they say: What goes up... is higher than it was before.

I might be a newbie, but I'm not stupid.

It's better to be rich & in good health than poor & sick.

I thought I was undecided, but I'm not sure.

Black

Black/Burn while still mist got an idea. Moving away he transformed into a locust with a spear. He then flew around with the other locust. He had tried to sneak in a stab at the trap the blue mage was in, but couldnt seem to do it. He then went for help. Going back down to the first floor he went up to Wyvern. Being still in locust form he tried to tried to kill the little thing. Dodging his swings Black yelled.

"Stop that! Im not a locust!" As he turned into a wolf form.

"I can see your talking to someone but I need to tell you something. Finnius(hed know that blue skin anywhere)is on the third floor in a trap. I tried to save him but theres thousands of locust by him. I figures you would be the one to go to for help. I can lead you and anyone else, that wants to come up there to him, if you like. I leave this choice up to you." Black said as he put his paws straight out and sat down resting.

Hydrus

In a small corner of the massive hall, an obscure side door opens. A large mowhawk begins to poke through, and then a small head with big blue eyes. To be honest the small gruby face looked a little worried. He surveys the party, which now looks like something akin to an elephants jumping castle. People are lying on the floor everywhere, drunk as anything, and still more people are up and dancing, with surprisingly few garmets on. Wyvern sat sobbing in the centre of the hall, people gatherede around him, offering condolances, advice, and grog. Someone flew across the room and hit the wall. The walls reverberated with the pounding music.

Hydrus gulped.

He took one step into the hall, and the noise practicly tripled. He wanted to block his ears, but his hands were full with a small bottle of wine, and a tray covered in a white and red checked cloth. He began pushing his way through the crowd.

Someone was swinging on the chandeleer.

Hmm, maybe I'd better come back another time... He thought. He was wearing a smart little tux, specificly ordered from a elven taylior whose speciality was clothes for short people. His hair was even more slicked than usual, and had been combed right back, but now sprang foward, making the Slayer look a tad odd.

Not even a DSC party was this crazy he realised. Had Wyvern planned it like this?

Surely not.

Hydrus resolved to find the birthday Lady.

Cerulean

The lights had phut-phut-phutted out several hours back, and Cerulean had become separated from the rest. She could hear noises from far down below on the party floor, and gathered from the dimmest glow of illumination that the power had been restored in the rest of the building.

Finnius had struck out alone, she remembered, after hearing Pekkle call. But had not returned. Mindspawn/Tyrion had taken care of the weaponry, but she didn't know where he was now. And Wyvern, or at least someone looking a little like Wyvern had joined up too. Last she knew he'd run ahead, checking for traps.

The heat from the radiators is unbearable. Plastic fronds and creepers tear through her clothing, and Cerulean determines that a silk evening gown is not entirely appropriate attire for warfare. With a resigned expression, she tears a strip of fabric from the hem of her dress and pushes her hair back out of her face with the makeshift bandana. Unable to resist whipping up two matching wristbands to accessorise, Cerulean wonders what she should do next.

A buzzing cloud of locusts passes overhead, and she drops down quickly into the undergrowth and astroturf. Wriggling along on her stomach, dress rucked up, knees grazed and bloody, cheeks smudged with dust - she vows to tie Harpy onto her chair if she's ever found. On second thoughts, Harpy would probably enjoy the bondage kick, she'll have to think of something worse...

There is a shifting movement ahead of her. Cerulean inches forward on her belly, breathing fast and shallow, eyes hardened against the necessity of violence. She raises herself to a crouching position and SPRINGS!

Her punch connects first. Knuckles ram into something hard and woody. This was not what she was expecting, not what she was expecting at all. With a yowl, she leaps backwards, sucking her bruised hand. She eyes the dreadlocks, the apologetic puzzlement, the pizza crumbs, the half written song...

"I see", says Cerulean crossly. "So this is where you've been hiding. Well Harpy's lost, I'm lost, the other Commandos are lost, the presents are lost. Any bright ideas?"

------------------

Cerulean

Dark Mistress of the Desert

Guardian of the sacred stick of celery

Member of: Scarlet or Blue? - SoB - BG

Babe who is the Color of the Sky of The Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen

Woods, Crooner from Hell

Woods swiftly replaces the look of apologetic puzzlement with his trademark sleazy leer - the face that launched a thousand sexual harassment suits. Then the Ent clocks who it is: Cerulean, the one woman on the whole of Terra who has ever had any time for him. Not much time admittedly, but she has never set fire to Woods, placing her in an exclusive club.

"Dr Cerulean, I presume?" says Woods, his cheeks twitching with mirth at this awesome satirical thrust. "Of course you're all lost.

You're humans. In a forest. Contemplate the inverse and you'll understand why Ents get lost in malls."

Woods flashes Cerulean his most cheery, confidence-inspiring grin. It comes out like the face of a man having his prostate examined.

Finnius

"They do respect her, but...

Oh, they love to watch her strut.

They'll kill to make the cut,

They love to watch her.... Strut!"

The locusts, by this point are beginning to tire of Finnius's incessant ramblings, and so they shoot him the... umm... yeah... anyway, they give him the antidote.

The mage sobers up for the second time tonight, and surveys his surroundings. The cage looks to be impenitrable. Ten thousand locusts are dragging it through the jungle, presumably to their camp.

Several blackouts, spear-pokes, and locust taunts later,

The camp of the wily, wily insects came into view through the latex-and-vinyl shrubbery. There were millions of the things, dancing, singing, doing... umm... the locust dance... of love... let it suffice to say, there were a lot of them.

And in the middle of all this, a pint-sized Scarlett sat on a throne, waving what appeared to be a finger-bone in time with the music. Above the throne, in tiny letters there was a sign.

"Scarlett O'Harpy, Queen of the Locusts"

What?!?!

Cerulean

Cerulean's shoulders slump. I should've finished the job off properly last time I set fire to him, she muses. I bet he's forgotten all about that...( ) She examines the contorted expression he wears currently. She cannot make out whether he is attempting to look cheerful, or simply manufacturing an excess of sap.

Cerulean kicks his trunk in frustration, glowers, and then continues on her way.

"Please yourself!", she yells over her shoulder. "I'm going on, with or without you."

Nobody sees the tear track run a clean line down her grimy face, as she wishes silently that Ents were a little more reliable.

------------------

Cerulean

Dark Mistress of the Desert

Guardian of the sacred stick of celery

Member of: Scarlet or Blue? - SoB - BG

Babe who is the Color of the Sky of The Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen

Black

By the time all this happened Black/Burn had left Wyvern and went back into the 3rd floor. He had changed to a wolf form. Using his wolf smell he avoided the locust sworms. He had gotten Ceruleans sent and followed it all the way to her.

"Hello, you dont know me, but Im a friend. Im very confused on whats going on. First I come late, then the power gos out, then I see two mages traped. Of course I cant help them for there are loads of locusts by them. Then I go get help and talk to Wyvern. He is out of it, so hes no good. I then get your sent and find you here. What in the heck is going on? Anyway...Im not going to be suprised whatever happens." Black says in a confused manner. Cerulean looks at him oddly.

"Oh, I have chosen to help you with these locust. I know not the goal but..." He turns into his vampire form.

"I can't fight in that costume. Ill join your group if youll have me. Lead the way.

Scarlett O'Harpy

Scarlett leans back delightedly into her ornately cushioned throne. Looks like dinner has arrived a little early, in the shape of a caged mage borne by her followers.

She nods to Locust General Chesterton, who deposits the cage and its occupant before her. Scarlett's eyes glint mercilessly, as she coolly examines her prize. She ponders their problematic size differences, then dismisses the thought. Her appetites had never been modest, after all.

She slips off her throne, and swings her tiny form in Finnius's direction. Suppressing her excitement, she draws herself up to her full three inches, and demands to know what is happening outside Camp Locust. Scarlett is astute enough to gather information before disposing of its source.

"Well?" She growls at the prisoner, "I want numbers, I want names, I want grid references. If anyone thinks they're coming in here to 'save' me, they'll be in for a very nasty surprise."

Harpy punctuates each statement by prodding Finnius with the bone she's been grasping. It is only during this pause in her speech that she realises he appears lean yet juicy, just how she likes them. She smacks her lips together appreciatively, and awaits his response.

------------------

Scarlett O'Harpy

The two phases of fire are craving and satiety

Finnius

"Ummm... I'm here to save you?"

Scarlett pauses for a moment, then tips her head back and cackles madly. "You think I need saving? Look around, I'm the Queen! They worship me like a goddess! And really, who could blame them? Hmm?"

The tiny trollop must have been fed some of the same hallucinagen they gave to me. Then again...

Deciding that Harpy was, indeed, in her right mind, the not-so-fearless blue mage began to think. That wacky-juice was still in his system, so magic was out of the question. The locusts were totally in Scarlett's control, so they would be no help... Only one option left, even if it was distasteful. Drawing his breath in, the pantsless-blue-booze-drenched- slightly-whacked-out-wolf-mage spoke loudly and quickly.

"Scarlett, I love you! I've always loved you, ever since I saw you! Marry me!"

The cani-ballistic locust queen looks startled for a moment, then laughs at the poor blue captive.

Uh-oh.

Knight

"Ummm hello?" Knight says, confused beyond a shadow of a doubt. In the lumpy suit, he walks over towards Peredhil, who is too drunk to help. All around, the smell of alcohol and drugs are overwhelming. There are piles of vomit all around, and Knight had to step over some. Walking along, he saw finni-wolf, talking to Scarlett. Walking over, Finni-wolf, turned, and ran between Knight's legs. Knight looked around at all the locusts, and cursed. What the hell was going on here?

------------------

Stupidity is killer.

"..." - Mr. Bunny

-General Douglas MacArthur