The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Cerulean's Masquerade - A Party...

Peredhil

Tamaranis

Even as Gyrfalcon readied his spell, the flames already present drew back from the ocean of booze the undead waded through. As flames began to surround Gyrfalcon, shadows began to form a barrier between he and the undead.

Rather than use his nodes, Tamaranis drew on the energy of those living within Continicium. All people, animals, and plants throughout the kingdom suddenly became ill. Under normal circumstances, Tamaranis would never do such a thing, slaughtering his own population would bring ruin to a nether mage. Under Death's control, he had no such inhibitions, and the shadow barrier thickened...

OOC: Note that as Tamaranis is preparing for a tremendous magical effort, he probably wouldn't notice Yui using his shadows as a transport device.

------------------

"one man can't make a real difference, but I'm not a man, I'm a mage" -Arawn

Seeker of Babylon!

Probably should have changed the ? to a ! a long time ago...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gyrfalcon

Gyrfalcon paused in the chant long enough to curse. The barrier would no doubt protect the undead from the Inferno. That left one spell, one that Gyrfalcon had hoped he would never have to use.....

Gyrfalcon waved his scaled hand and dispelled the words of the Inferno. The mana still waited to be used.....

Gyrfalcon began to chant again, and drew yet more mana into him. The energy began to crackle around his form, evidence that a spell of extrordinary power was being fashioned. Gyrfalcon knew the nodes of the Conservatory would not be enough, and hoping for the best, hoping that his form would fool the security of the nodes, reached out to Wyvern's kingdom.

It worked. Gyrfalcon was staggered by the rush of mana into his body, and from him to the spell he fashioned. So many nodes, so much mana! Wyvern had more then enough to break a Seal of Armageddon, more then enough to break through the barrier Tamaranis had erected. But that was not the point- the point was to do as much damage as possible, to damage Death or kill it, so that it would pose no threat to the world.

The pain began, a tiny spark as Gyrfalcon began to pull in more mana then the body could handle. He reached out for yet more, though, latching onto any node he could reach and forcing past the security with brute strength.

The air around the form began to ripple with heat from the figure of Gyrfalcon, and the pain grew and grew as more mana was pulled into the spell.

Wyvern, Knight and Yui pressed against the wall as Wyvern choked out the words on the Scroll, through the air he breathed was as dry and as hot as if he were standing next to an open blast furnance. Finally, the spell finished and all three sighed in relief as the heat dissipated, held back by the Scroll of Protection.

The pain grew, and the tears forced from Gyrfalcon's eyes evaporated, turned to steam at once. Gyrfalcon gritted his teeth and ground out each word of the spell, and reached out for yet more nodes.

Across Terra, kingdoms in which Gyrfalcon had traveled suddenly began to lose their reserves of mana as Gyrfalcon reached out to the nodes he knew. In one kingdom, the elementals of a blue mage, locked in a life-and-death struggle with the hordes of a Death-controlled neather disappeared as the mana to sustain them likewise did. However, the undead also feel as Gyrfalcon stole from the nodes that 'fed' them as well.

The pain grew yet again, and Knight, Wyvern and Yui gasped and flinched away in surprise as the air around Gyrfalcon combusted. The flames spread outward, and soon the entire room was filled with fire. However, the three were safe behind the Scroll's protection, as were Death's legions behind the protection of Tamaranis's spell. They watched as Gyrfalcon's body began to char, and yet he managed to continue to speak the words of the spell, the words coming faster as the spell reached its climax.

Gyrfalcon knew he was dying. The form he was in could not contain the power needed for the spell. No form could. Gyrfalcon could feel the membrane of his wings burn away, yet he still floated, held in the grips of the spell. Gyrfalcon felt like his insides had caught on fire, and each breath was harder and harder....

Yet he had survived long enough- the final words were spoken:

Ignatius, Por'ni, StraLi Dauis...

Aegis Beam

A radiance, terrible to behold, sprang into being between Gyrfalcon's outstreatched hands. Even as he began to burn from the energy he contained, he managed to direct the weapon he had fashioned.

The beam of energy, beyond white, beyond the word 'radiance' burned towards the barrier. It struck along the barrier's entire length, and pushed inward. Tamaranis staggered backwards as his barrier began to give from the incredible energy contained in the beam. It pierced the barrier.

Death and his legion were silhouetted in the increadible light of the Aegis Beam for the briefist of moments. Only Knight, shielding his eyes through his feathers and holy magic, saw the undead vaporize in an instant. Death stood the blast for longer, a minute, then two. Then Death disappeared suddenly. Tamaranis, the beam mostly avoided. As if it were directed to leave him alive, if barely.

The beam cut off suddenly, and the air that was aflame dissipitated, replaced by air from outside. The Conservatory was fire-blackened, parts of the stonework had melted and run down the wall and now cooled. The Aegis Beam had not touched the walls, floor or ceiling where it had struck, but everything else had been consumed. Three figures besides Knight, Wyvern and Yui remained- Gyrfalcon, hanging in the air limp, Tamaranis, crumpled and unconscious near a wall... and Death.

Gyrfalcon fell to the ground with a thud. His limbs sprawled aimlessly, and the three knew he was dead.

Death himself was bent to the side slightly. His robes were in tatters, now chared rags. He seemed near mortally wounded, if that was possible. He stared at Gyrfalcon's corpse for minutes and finally whispered

HOW WAS THAT POSSIBLE? NOTHING CAN HURT DEATH, YET THIS INSECT, THIS... MORTAL... DID SO... HOW?

For the first time, they noticed a note of fear in his voice.

OOC: Yes, Gyr died. =) No, I'm not leaving the game, and I would like someone to resurrect me eventually. Death is now killable- after all, he is only a god. He governs death, but he is not the function. If he dies, the God of Death dies, but people will still be able to die. Death himself has forgotten this, though, and he is subject to death as much as any other God. =)

Why I killed myself doing this? I'm only a demigod, after all, and still mortal. It was the only way for me to truly damage a powerful God like Death- to win all, you must be prepared to sacrifice all.

Wyvern

Wyvern's mouth goes agape as he stares in awe at the damage the legendary spell "Aegis Beam" had done. Wyv had heard about the spell before, but had never seen it's actual usage... He suddenly understood very well why Gyrfalcon had refrained from using it until now.

Looking at the limp and lifeless body of Gyrfalcon, Wyvern mutters "Thanks Gyrfalcon... you may have payed with your life, but you saved this party, as well as all of Terra, from the clutches of De..."

Wyvern looks up and notices that although his army has been utterly evaporated, Death is still partialy standing.

"HOOOOLLLLY!" Realizing that this is very bad news indeed, Wyvern decides that this would be the perfect time to flee and save his scaly hide. As he turns to run, however, he collides into Knight and Yui, who stop him from doing so.

"Have you no shame...?" mutters Knight "Gyrfalcon cast that spell in the hopes that we would finish off Death for him."

"But... but..." Wyvern points to Death. "Are you blind?! He's HUGE! And a GOD!!!"

"Gyrfalcon still managed to harm him." remarks Yui "There's no reason we can't..."

Wyvern sighs, and then looks once again at the two brave warriors preparing to face Death. "And you're not going to let me go, are you?"

Both Knight and Yui nod.

"Very well..." says Wyvern. "I'll take care of this... I organized the party after all. You guys stay here... Leave this big lug to me."

"Are you crazy Wyvern?!! You can't face Death all by yourself!!!"

Wyvern turns back to the others and sneers. "Watch me..."

Wyvern walks up to Death's throne and faces the God himself. He's much bigger up close... thinks Wyvern to himself before making a little *gulp* sound. Death had gotten back on his feet now, and stared down at the little lizard standing before him.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT, NEWT?" he demands.

Wyvern says nothing, but rather reaches into his cloak and clutches his weapon of choice. Death see's this hand movement and lets out a deep laugh.

"SO YOU WISH TO CHALLENGE ME TO A HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT? VERY WELL!" At that, Death takes out an enormous scyth, at least three times the size of Wyvern, and evily grins down at the lizard. His grin fades when he see's that Wyvern is by no means frightened, but is in fact smiling and chuckling to himself.

"WHAT IS SO FUNNY, MORTAL? DRAW YOUR WEAPON!" Death advances on Wyvern with his enormous scyth, but stops halfway in his path when he see's Wyvern pull out not a sword or axe, but rather a simple sheet of paper.

Death stares, confused.

Wyvern smiles.

"You realize, Death, that the warranty on that scyth has expired?"

"WHAT?! I SHALL UNDO YOU, MORTAL!" Death raises his scyth.

"Wait just a second! Do you realize that if you reave my soul with a scyth beyond it's expiration date, you could be sued?!"

Death's scyth stops once again in mid-air.

"R-REALLY...?" he mutters.

"Absolutely. Look though Death, it's easy. I have here some documents which you can use to renew your scyth AND get a new and improved model!" (Wyv points to three dotted lines on the page.) "All you have to do is sign here, here and here!"

"OH... VERY WELL. BUT LET'S MAKE THIS QUICK. MY LUST FOR YOUR BLOOD AND SOUL GROW DEEPER BY THE MINUTE..."

Death takes out a quill. Dipping it into an open skull of one of his undead, he scrawls his signature in the spaces provided. Yui and Knight gaze in awe as Death's scyth suddenly becomes far larger and more menacing-looking.

"Wyvern! What are you doing?!" cries Knight. "You're making him more powerfull!"

Wyvern ignores Knight's shouting and smiles as Death raises his new and improved scyth in the air, remaining motionless. Suddenly, Death let's out a deep cry that rings throughout the Conservatory.

"WHAT?!!! I'M VANISHING?!! HOW CAN IT BE?!"

Wyvern let's out a little laugh and holds up the contract Death had just signed.

"What's the matter Death...?" he cooes "Forget to read the FINE PRINT?!" With that, Wyvern points to the small letters at the bottom of the page that read:

Scyth renewed ONLY upon the condition of returning to the underworld.

Death had finaly been defeated...

------------------

Wyvern

...almost a dragon.

Proud Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Saint of Terra; Patron of Parties.

Diplomat and representitive of Succubi or Bust (S.o.B )-BG

The Pen is Mightier then the Sword-BH Elder of Initiates

It's also easier to carry...

Unofficial member of the Mr. Bunny fan club.

"GIVE ME A CARROT GODDAMMIT!" -Mr. Bunny

Black

As Death returns to the underworld Black shrinks to his normal size and falls to the floor. He lay there unconscious for about 10 minutes and then raised his head. He saw the three mages standing over him and wondered what happened. With a groun he got to his feet, his cloak both burned and in rags.

"What happened to this place? The last thing I remember is dodging the flames. Then It all went blank. I didnt know it was possible but I have a headache."

Meanwhile in the outer world

-----------------------------

The undead had changed and started to go back to normal. Those who were fighting seemed to stop and leave the battle grounds. With Death leaving they started to obey there masters that had survived the events.

Meanwhile at Witch and Dread Knight

------------------------------------

Both of them noted the actions of the undead around them, and started back to their kindom. They had hoped to find it all well and good. When they got there the angels came to greet Witchs return.

"Commander Witch, we are at your service." The dominions seeing Knight also came and did the same. Both commanders were happy to see this, but noticed their mana was a bit low.

"What happened to our mana supply?" asked Knight with wonder. It was explained to them that is was just draining. They thought it was from Black taking it, but his best spell didnt take that much. Needless to say this was not answered. Necro was stopped before he could invade, and went back to his normal way of thought.

Back at the party

------------------

Black looked at the three mages faces and didnt know what to think.

"What...was I possessed by Death or something?"

tyfel

Tyfel walks in, holding a seven legged duck (and it WAS expensive), sees the general non-existence of parties, and says (and I quote) "did I miss anything?"

------------------

Tyfel, proud member of the covenant of shadows (ager will be ours!) (no longer believes himself to be the least sane person here. Disco Duck??!??)

The Man sans inspirational quotes. Owner of many nonexistent corporations and very much nonexistent money.

"Hola, da me el pes de tu hermano raul" "Bonjour, donne moi lu poisson du votre frer raoul" "Hello, give me the fish of your brother raoul.

Knight

"This'll take one second... Stand clear folks." With this, Knight moves to Gyrfalcon, and begins to weave his hands in intricate motions in the air, and mutter a few incantations. Suddenly, a beam of white light burst through the ceiling of the conservatory, and smashed into Gyrfalcon's lifeless body. Gyrfalcon was lifted into the air still limp, and tossed upright. His wounds disappeared, and his soul, which was barely visible, re-entered his body. His eyes snapped open, he screamed loudly for a second and crumpled into a heap, clearly unconcious. "Give him a bit, and he will be back to himself..."

------------------

Blood Warrior of Souls- Army of Darkness

Vice president of the official Mr. Bunny Fan club

"..." - Mr. Bunny

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be..."

-General Douglas MacArthur

De Oppresso Libre - To free the oppressed

"Molon Labe!"

"Come and Get them!"

-Spartan King Leonidas

-Crack dealer out of the back of a certain Wholesale Warehouse

Black

When hearing Gyr was going to be ok, Black felt the burns that had been on his body. He must not have been thinking of them before. Probly because of the area around him. Throwing the rags that was his cloak to the floor, he tried to cast his heal spell. The spell failed to lack of mana.

"Thats odd, I had a big supply of mana last I knew."

Things just got more strange by the minute. He thought to himself.

OOC: I assume thats a part of the ceiling the light came through

Cerulean

Shaking herself truly awake, rolling free of the possession, Cerulean moves quietly away from the crowd. All attention is on the heroic Gyrfalcon as he lies dazed from his ordeal. It is not difficult for her to step through the shadows unnoticed.

In a minute she is free of the plastic jungle, and is happy to see Harpy striding around the Bridal Suite, apparently talking to herself! Her friend was seemingly safe the whole while. Cerulean smiles and shakes her head in wonder.

In two minutes she has reached the ground floor. Her gifts fill the Hall, but almost all of the guests have left. Suddenly she wants to be free of the place, breathe fresh air once more. Her pace quickens, and in moments she is flinging open the heavy doors and feeling the rush of evening breeze over her face.

She knows where she's headed, back to the desert, away from the crowds, the noise, the people. Her stride turns into a run, and suddenly she's free, wind whipping the hair around her face in mad tangles, the softest smile playing over her lips.

Breathing hard,

as if at a loss,

as if at a lover,

she opens her eyes wide

to the usual incredible sunset.

------------------

Cerulean

Dark Mistress of the Desert

Yui Temae

As Gyrfalcon collapsed to the ground, unconscious but miraculously still alive, Yui stared at Knight with wide eyes. Gods. To be able to ressurect someone without even a moment of weakness or ... or ... anything from the mana drain...! Knight never ceases to amaze me with his pure power. I need to find out just how he does what he does...

After a moment of awestruck stillness, however, she recovers herself and moves over to Gyrfalcon's fallen form, checking his breathing and pulse. With a nod, she raises her face to Knight and smiles brightly. "Amazing, my friend. He truly is just ... sleeping. He's alive!"

Her eyes move to a very relieved-looking Wyvern and a rather perplexed Black. Cerulean glances back at her and then turns and leaves, disappearing into the burnt, plastic foliage of the faux-forest. As Wyvern steps forward, Yui sees a hint of moisture in his eyes, but just smiles a quiet smile to herself and looks back down at Gyrfalcon.

"Let's get him back home so that he can rest." She raises her green eyes to glance at Wvyern and Knight. "If you two will carry him, I can 'Walk us back to his lands..."

After a few moments of tense negotiation over Wyvern's salary for this effort, the two gentlemen lift their exhausted comrade between them and carry him into the shadow of a great, plastic palm tree with Black following just behind them. The young magess holds the shadowlink open, turning once to survey the charred ceiling, the gaping holes where the floor has collapsed, and the puddles of molten plastic mixed with booze and locust blood dotting what floor still remains. She shakes her head in amazement, thinking of the ruins downstairs... the cracked and broken pillar, the fermenting pool filled with booze, the wreckage of what was once a refreshment table... and suddenly smiles.

I'm glad it's not my mess to clean up!

With a little laugh and the soft 'pop' of magic dispelling, she lets the shadowlink break and goes running off down the stairs. There, in the demolished remains of the dance hall, she pulls a rough piece of blank parchment and a magic quill from the inner pocket in her cloak, settling them down on a (very rare) clean spot on the remains of one of the tables. A few scribbles and an evil grin later, she takes out an emerald arrowhead and walks over to one of the few standing wooden posts in the building. With a soft whunk and a very frightening creak, grooooooooooaaaaaaan from the surrounding structure, she drives the arrowhead through the little note and into the wood of the post. Her laughter is downright evil as she turns and dashes into the nearest shadow, fading from the now-silent building...

As Yui disappears, a rather bloated Scarlett O'Harpy hops (leaps, at her size?) down the stairs, her heels clicking rather loudly for a 3"-tall magess... (unless she's a bit heavier than she looks). She seems to be muttering to herself (if you ignore the muffled replies that are coming from her stomache) as she waddles across the room and out the door. As she reaches out and hauls on the (relative to her) huge door, her last words echo in the silence...

"I mean it, Finnius. You were the very best husband I ever had ... a little chewy, maybe, but, oh, that flavor! Mmmm..." It may be just the wind, but there seems to be a muffled sob that rings out just before the door swings closed.

After another moment, the silence is broken again by a rather chilling moan. "Uhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnn, I, The Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen, should not have used the entire vial. I, The Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen, order you to stop chewing on that! ACK! I, The Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen, will have to restrain you, slave, if you do not stop-- ARGH!" And then the voice changes a bit, and Orlan's yelp rings through the empty space. "TZIMFEMME! Ack! D-don't do th-that! I, The G-great G-g-g-god... and... URGH! HALP! Slaves, get her off of me! I, the Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen, command you!"

Suddenly, a growing wave of some sort of buzzing noise rings from one of the backrooms, soon joined by a lot of eeks, yeows, crashes, yelps, and screams. Then... all goes silent, again.

.... a few minutes later, a swarm of locusts carrying an unconscious TzimSqueaker float through the room. Behind them, Orlan-toknonnen shuffles along, his normally oh-so-sexy swagger reduced to a limping trudge that inspires more pity than admiration. The tattered remains of a lot of mummy-wrappings ripple in the breeze as the leaders of the locust swarm push open the front doors, revealing bruises, bloody bite-marks, and a few strange, mouth-shaped suction dots. As he follows his locusts out the door, Orlan-toknonnan softly moans, "Uhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnn, I, The Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen, should not, not, NOT have used the entire vial. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..."

The door slams shut behind him, and time hangs in the silent, empty building. ...

Groooooooannnnn....

Grooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn.... creeeeeeeeak...

CRACK! Suddenly, the entire building collapses in on itself in a shower of dust, plastic, booze, and wood. The noise is atrocious, and passersby stop and stare in horror as the rubble settles.

In the center of the destruction is a wooden post, the only piece of structure left standing. Attached to the post by an arrowhead of sparkling emerald is a rather dirty piece of paper. When one of the braver of the onlookers climbs into the rubble to retreive it, he finds himself reading a note written in a flowing hand. It says:

"To whom it may concern,

Thank you for the use of your lovely facilities for our tasteful soirée. We regret their current state, and will certainly make any reparations necessary for our damages. Please contact me at your convenience, and I will be glad to provide the geld necessary for any repairs.

Signed,

Wyvern

...almost a dragon.

Saint of Terra; Patron of Parties. "

Strangely, the handwriting looks a lot more like Yui's than Wyvern's....

------------------

@-/--- Yui-chan

Aegon's love and owner of his heart

Loremistress of the Army of Darkness

Honorary member of The Polite Mage's Guild

Forever a mage of the Hall of Justice

Yui-chan #1592, a mage of Ascendant magicks

Knight

Knight smiled at Yui. He knew what she was thinking. She must be wondering how we was able to ressurect Gyrfalcon without a drain.. It was quite simple actually.. Gyr could not use his nodes.. He didn't know the proper password. Knight chuckled at his own foresight.

------------------

Blood Warrior of Souls- Army of Darkness

Vice president of the official Mr. Bunny Fan club

"..." - Mr. Bunny

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be..."

-General Douglas MacArthur

De Oppresso Libre - To free the oppressed

"Molon Labe!"

"Come and Get them!"

-Spartan King Leonidas

-Crack dealer out of the back of a certain Wholesale Warehouse

Wyvern

Epilogue

Three mages, one carrying what appears to a white bundle with a reptilian tail sticking out one end, stop at the rubble of what was once the Conservatory. They look upon the mess with a kind of horrific fascination.

Rubbing his head (which still slightly aches from his lightening-quick ressurection experience), Gyrfalcon turns to Bead, who is holding the white package.

"He said he'd clean up this mess after the party was over..." mutters Gyrfalcon. Prodding the white bundle with the hilt of his katana, he whispers "A deal's a deal, Wyvern."

A stressfull murmer is emitted from the bundle, but is incomprehensible to the three furious moderaters.

Gummy (the third mage) walks up to the Conservatory ruins and notices the note posted there. He tears the note from the board and waves it in the air. "Bead! Gyrfalcon! Look at this!"

After having read over the note several times in disgust, Bead throws the white bundle down on the ground by the ruins. He unties one or two nots, and the package comes undone. Inside is none other then Wyvern himself... and what a sight Wyvern is!He's covered from head to toe with postal stamps and letter glue!

Bead crosses his arms over his chest and waves the note 'Wyvern' (in quotation marks, since it was really Yui) had wrote.

"Have you no shame?! First, you promise you'll clean up the party after yourself. Then, on this letter, you say you'll pay for any damages done. And what do you try to do?! Give us the slip, that's what! You're in for a BIG carping!!!"

Groveling on the ground, Wyvern whimpers "Wait! I can explain..."

Gummy turns to Bead, rubbing his forehead in distaste. "I still can't believe he tried to get mailed to the desert with Cerulean's presents... It was a miracle we found them still intact in the ruins..."

Bead looks over to Gyrfalcon and says "I'm glad you decided to inspect the presents one last time for anything dangerous..."

Gyrfalcon sighs "I certainly found SOMETHING didn't I?"

Still crawling on the ground, Wyvern cries "Wait a minute. You guys don't understand! I was... uhhhh... (Wyvern thinks for a moment) I was supposed to be one of Cerulean's presents! Yeah, that's it! And what's all this about me paying for this mess?! I ain't paying for noth-"

Wyvern's sentance is interrupted as he's thrown a mop and a bucket of soap water from Gummy. "Start cleaning..." mutters Gummy, who then follows Gyrfalcon and Bead who are walking away.

"Hey, wait! I..." Wyvern let's out a groan and decides to just let them be. He sighs... it was time to succumb to his destiny...

Picking up the mop, Wyvern begins soaping what was once the Conservatory. After 5 minutes or so, he realizes the soap won't do any good. He curses wildly and jumps up and down on the mop, breaking it to pieces. After he has distilled his anger, he collapses on what was once probably a dance floor and begins quietly sobbing to himself. Having finished his self pitying, he decides that now would be a good time to get dead drunk off of the Endless Decanter. He is about to take a sip when a familiar voice is heard from behind him.

"Hey lizard... You forgot our deal?"

Wyvern turns around and is amazed to see the expert photographer he had hired earler.

"Ah! You're still around? Did you get anything?!"

"Did I ever..." the photographer smirks and chuckles "Look at these!" with that, he hands Wyvern a stack of pictures.

Looking through the photos one at a time, Wyvern's face grows brighter and brighter. "Wow! These are great! How did you get this one of Harpy eating Finnius?"

"Skill..." the photographer mutters, taking out a cigarette and lighting it. "Oh! I almost forgot these two..."

The photographer holds out two photos in front of Wyvern and Wyv's expression of glee suddenly fades. One picture depicted Wyvern being knocked out by the anti-spam carp. The other showed Wyvern and Yui holding hands, silohetted in the moon light.

"Give those to me!!!" cries Wyvern, flailing to get ahold of the two pictures. But alas... the photographer is swift and Wyvern cannot seem to grasp them.

"I'll tell you what lizard, I'll give you these two if you give me all the rest. How does that sound?"

Gazing at the picture of him and Yui silohetted in moonlight and thinking dreadfull thoughts of Cheyenne discovering about this incident, Wyvern gulps and quietly murmers "Alright..."

Another of his plans had failed. The last trick he had up his sleeve...

Wyvern sighs once again, laying back on the ruins and gazing up at the moon and the stars. He takes a small sip from his Decanter, but no longer feels the need to get drunk. A small smile spreads across his face. It had been utter chaos, it was true, but the party had been a blast none the less. It's a shame it had to end in the destruction it did... He wondered if Cerulean would ever come back from the solitude of the desert, the events of the party must have most certainly emotionally scarred her in some way. Never the less, she was still getting her presents, so all was for the better.

Yawning to himself, the lizard slowly dozes off on an utterly ruined Conservatory dance floor...

~Fin

------------------

Wyvern

...almost a dragon.

Saint of Terra; Patron of Parties.

Lover of Cheyenne.

Diplomat and representitive of Succubi or Bust (S.o.B )-BG

The Pen is Mightier then the Sword-BH Elder of Initiates

It's also easier to carry...

~Member of Nekkid Mages #1 Fanclub and Worshippers~

Unofficial member of the Mr. Bunny fan club.

"GIVE ME A CARROT GODDAMMIT!" -Mr. Bunny

Transcribed from The Conservatory, Archmage Universal Bulletin Board

This is a partial transcription - "Rapture" (Raging Goat) deleted all his posts as a protest of his beloved Scarlett O'Harpy (Cerulean) marrying another man - even in Role Play.

Originally transcribed to the Pen by Cerulean, deleted at Raging Goat's request.

Retranscribed by Raging Goat, who prefaced it with a poem dedicating the entire thread to his Cerulean.

Deleted by the Pen Elders, 'cause he hadn't written the entire thread, and had in fact deleted everything of his FROM the thread. The poem, an extremely well-written piece, was moved to the Banquet Hall - and later deleted by Raging Goat.

Re-retranscribed by Peredhil.

Transferred from Ezboard, but many of the post were out of order (for example, the first page became the last!)

Retranscribed by Peredhil, 23Jun2003.

The cast in order of appearance:

-Scarlett O'Harpy as herself, then Tzimfemme

-Cerulean as herself.

-(offstage) Peredhil as himself

-Woods, Crooner from Hell as a Rastafarian giant

-Wyvern, as Saint of Parties laying down the Rules

-Holy Chaos as Culex

-Canid as Hydrus the Dwarf

-Peredhil as Lord Kendricke (With Guido & Nuncio as Dominions)

-Gyrfalcon as Wyvern

-Finnius as Canid

-Tyrion as Gas Tank

-(cameo appearance of Rapture, beloved of Scarlett)

-Mindspawn as Tyrion

-Wyvern as Brute, then Felloros

-(Buba the DoorOgre introduced)

-Quincunx

---Rosemary as BelZpock

---Minta as NIM

---Rydia as Birdman

---Tzimfemme as The Grim Squeaker

-(Pekkle, a demoness)

-Azonalantious as Nimball then Mr. Bunny, and finally Weasel #17 of the Fluffy Pink Weasels

-~O~ as The Great Imposter (Lumpenprolatariat)

-Arawn as Zool.

-Jerry as Wyvern, then Black

-Culex as a Giant Spider.

-Haruchi as Orlan

(A plague of Locusts)

-Zool as ?

-Joat116 as Rydia

-Orlan as the Great God and Pharoah Nanotoknonnen

-(Guido as Scorn, Nuncio as MishaNIZ)

-(Raging Goat as Peredhil - post deleted)

-(Rapture as Raging Goat - post deleted)

-Jechum as Peredhil

-Silexion as Silexion

-(Tim the Exterminator)

-Gwaihir as MishaNIZ

-Lumpenproletariat as the Grinch

-(an Expert Photographer)

-Black as Tamaranis, then Burn, then Death...

-Knight as Lord Kendricke, then Lumpenproletariat

-Yui Temae as Dominatrix, Mistress of Pain

-Hydrus as ? (nice tuxedo though)

-Tamaranis himself

-(Witch, Dread Knight, Necro, henchmen of Black)

-Tyfel as himself.

-Gummy and Bead, Conservatory Moderators.

• 1 year later...

Transcriber's Note:

This is one of my all-time favorite Role Playing threads. Some of the plots woven here are still playing out. (Wyvern's enormous debt to Gyrfalcon for damages, for instance).

This is one of, if not the first of, the legendary Wyvern thrown Party spectaculars.

This was the first time many of these writers came together in one thread.

The complexity of the plots and subplots is amazing, considering each person was posting without coordination - just reading what had come before, and pushing it all forward.

Notice the skillful use of other people's characters, and the (for the most part) avoidance of Godlike Power Play. The characters have weaknesses, have flaws - and have fun. Even if you don't know who the players are, it is written well enough you can guess characteristics from the context.

It's a long thread, but WELL worth the read.

Enjoy.

-Peredhil

Just as a matter of historical completeness, here are the Rules I developed for Dragons and Skulls. As it turned out, they weren't needed.

-Peredhil

(with apologies to Orlan for no Nekkid Rules)

Dragons and Skulls is the common name of Dragons and Liches.

Thanks to Finnius we know there are four suits: Swords, Crowns (or Royals), Dragons, and Skulls (or Liches).

The Cards and Values:

1) there are 15 cards in each suit, in Rank order. For example, in Crowns, King (14) outranks Queen (13), outranks Prince (12), outranks Duke (11), outranks Baron (10), and so on down to Fool (0).

The names on the cards vary by suit, but the numbers don't.

There is a Fool (0) at the bottom of each suit.

A Fool matched against a King is called a Wise Fool. A Wise Fool can beat a King, but nothing else.

2) There are three Trump Orders: Left-Trump, Right-Trump, and No-Trump.

Left-Trump: Crowns (Royals) command (beat) Swords, Dragons overthrow (beat) Crowns, Liches Kill (beat) Dragons, Swords slay (beat) Liches. All other Suit match-ups treat as No-Trump.

Right-Trump: Swords overthrow Royals (beat Crowns), Crowns summon (beat) Dragons, Dragons collect (beat) Skulls (Liches), Liches break (beat) Swords. All other Suit match-ups, treat as No-Trump.

No-Trump: All cards compare Rank order regardless of suit.

Examples:

Left-Trump:

a)Adjacent Suits: Baron (10) of Crowns vs. Valkyrie(11) of Swords. Baron wins due to adjacent Trump-Order (Crowns command Swords).

B) Starving Peasant (1) of Crowns vs. Zombie(2) of Liches. Zombie wins because of Ranking (2 vs. 1), Trump doesn't apply because non-adjacent.

Right-Trump:

a) Dark Elf Magician(9) of Liches vs. Wyvern(9) of Dragons. Wyvern wins due to adjacent Trump-Order (Dragons collect Skulls).

B) Bounty Hunter(5) of Swords vs. Hydra (12) of Dragons. Hydra wins because of Ranking (12 vs. 5) since Trump doesn't apply.

No-Trump:

a) Same Rank is a tie.

B) See above 'B)' examples.

Sequence of Play:

1) Ante to Geld Pool.

2) Shuffle, deal seven cards to each player.

3) Each Player places three cards face-down in a row in front of themselves.. These are the Pillage, Regular, and Siege Attacks.

4) Each Player places a fourth card face-down behind the Attacks. This is the War card.

5) Players places the remaining cards face-up in front of themselves and total the Rank values resulting in a value from 0 (three Fools) to 42 (for instance a King, a Lich, and a Red Dragon). The player with the highest total calls Trump (Left or Right) Order.

6) The Players bet on the Pillage Attack, money to the geld pool. After betting, they each flip their Pillage Attack Card face-up. Resolve the attack by the Cards and Values rules above. Winner declares Trump Order for the next Attack. Tie means No-Trump for Siege Attack.

7) Either player can pay half the Ante to go into Meditation - they lose their money in the geld pool and give up their seat at the table.

7) Bets are placed into the Pool for the Regular Attack, money goes to the geld pool. After betting, they each flip their Regular Attack Cards face-up and resolve the attack. Winner declares Trump order for Siege Attack. Tie means No-Trump for Siege Attack.

Losing Player can Meditate (pay full Ante this time) or continue.

8) Bets are placed into the Pool for the Siege Attack. After betting, flip the Siege Attack Cards face-up and resolve the attack. Winner gets the geld pool and gets to name the Ante for the next round or the Loser may match the current geld pool and call Fool's Challenge.

A tie automatically goes into a Fool's Challenge with No-Trump Order.

Fool's Challenge:

Winner of Siege Attack calls Trump Order.

Players flip and compare the remaining card, the War Card. Winner takes entire geld pool, loser loses seat at table.

In case of tie (a Fool's Rule situation), the geld pool remains as is, and the round starts over with the same players, and one less card dealt, down to the improbable minimum of four cards. If a four-card hand situation is ever encountered, the geld pool is split evenly between the players and either player may leave the table without penalty.