The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

here goes...

Guest Blondemoon

Guest Blondemoon

*pokes her head in, looking around nervously, heart pounding* After many hints from Carlyan, and "just go post silly" from Annael, I've finally decided to post my application to the Pen. So with much nervousness, here goes. (Author's note: While the poem is about a friend, it was indeed written for the purpose of applying for the Pen. )

frustration builds

brought on by my own

impotence

frustration soars

my failure to understand you

just as infuriating as you

pressure builds

each time I am pushed away

when I reach out to help you

tempers rise

between two stubborn people

something must give

anger explodes

harsh words exchanged

tear open wounds, both old and new

you run away

hurt by the words I carelessly throw out

I sit and cry, hating myself for causing you pain

hating you

for making me feel that old pain

over and over again

forgiving you

in the same instant

because you are my friend.

isn't it frustrating

when in all the world

someone has the power

to make you do what you do not?

to not want to hurt

yet you hurt

to not want to be hurt

and yet you bleed

and yet the world

has a way of making things

seem like everything will be alright

when a friend smiles and holds out their hand

well written Moon

and if I had a voting say in the matter, it would be a resounding AYE!!!!

*smiles, flutters her wings and adjusts the halo*

wink wink nudge nudge to the ppl that have a say in the matter.

Moon has shown great talent, let her in There's always room for more talent in our home.

Be patient with Wyvern - he has a LOT of irons in the fire, and is wanted in several countries for questioning about a few of them.

I think they may want to know how he can possibly lose geld on some of these sure-fire schemes!

But he always comes through.

We do not write because we want to; we write because we have to.

W. Somerset Maugham

I agree- good poetry from both you, Blondemoon, and you, Annael.

Wyvern'll be by soon... at least, once he evades the authorities again. Please be patient with him.

I think you'll like it here at the Pen. *grins* Especially since you've already been here a while and have posted some. Now you just get access to a few more forums.

Guest Carlyan the Wise

hehehe!

Carlyan the Critique Cleric Strikes again!!

bwahahahaha!

You've given me a new mission, Blondemoon-- I'm going to keep Wyvern soo busy with new initiates-- just you wait, Wyv-- I'll get you, my lizard, and your little... err... secretary, too!

Guest Blondemoon

Well, the Sugar Spork didn't seem like that bad of a money making idea. after all, those little sugar sticks that come in those packets of pixystick stuff never last very long.

Blondemoon sits patiently in her applicant easy chair, growing increasingly nervous as the hour hand of a nearby grandfather clock slowly ticks onward. Whenever her anxiousness gets the best of her and her thoughts turn to leaving, however, the wise words of Peredhil31 echo through her mind once again... "Be patient with Wyvern - he has a LOT of irons in the fire, and is wanted in several countries for questioning about a few of them..."

Suddenly, the entrance to the Recruiter's Office bursts open and Wyvern rushes in while desperatly balancing what appears to be a huge stack of irons in his arms. A startled Blondemoon jumps from her seat as the overgrown lizard practicaly crashes into her, not immediatly taking notice of her due to the large stack of irons obstructing his vision. Once he realizes that he almost ran straight into an applicant, Wyvern curses and extends a scaly claw in greeting only to drop the stack of irons, which all land directly on his right toe... Blondemoon cringes for a moment as the Halls of the Pen echo with the sounds of Wyvern's pain...

After the greedy Elder of Initiates has managed to dislodge his toe from under the stack of irons, the curious applicant turns to him and questions:

"You must be Wyvern, right? Finally! Say... what are all these irons fo-"

"Sssssshhhhhhh!" interrupts Wyvern "Sorry for almost running into you... please don't mention the "I" word around these parts... I'm being tracked by quite a few spies from different countries for ripping off their ideas on how to forge 'you-know-whats'." *snickers* "I knew questioning those international firms would come in handy..." *points to the irons on the floor* "These babies'll sell great, considering they're just like imports only with lower prices..."

Having said this, Wyvern lets out one of his signature almost-dragonic evil laughs and then begins gathering the irons he had dropped from the floor. Turning to Blondemoon once again, the overgrown lizard quietly hisses:

"Lemme make a deal with you... Help me load these things into my makeshift furnace, and your ACCEPTED to the Pen!"

Blondemoon considers Wyvern's offer for a moment, then decides that doing so wouldn't be too much of a hassle and helps the overgrown lizard gather his irons from the floor.

After all of the irons have been gathered, the greedy Elder and the eager Pen applicant both head out of the Recruiter's Office and through the Pen halls (Wyvern leading the way) until they finally arrive at a door labeled "Kokuryuu Flameshifter's Room - (Fellow Dragons: Please Enter by Means of the Aviary)". The overgrown lizard of an Elder knocks on the door, and a few moments of silence pass... Then, finally, a slot on the door opens and the voice of Kokuryuu quietly mutters:

"What's the password?"

Wyvern grins and wips out a bag of small green peppers while balancing the irons he's holding on his right shoulder.

"Jalapeno peppers!"

There is a murmer of approval... Then, the door is opened by Kokuryuu and Wyvern and Blondemoon enter into her den. Wyv hands Kokuryuu the bag of jalapeno peppers gleefully and then sets his irons on the ground, signalling to Blondemoon to do the same. As Kokuryuu prepares to breath fire onto Wyvern's irons in exchange for the hard-to-find peppers, the mischievous Elder of Initiates exclaims:

"Thanks once again for helping me forge these irons with your breath, Kokuryuu... You wouldn't believe how expensive furnaces are nowadays..."

Kokuryuu nods in understanding while breathing fire over the irons, and in the process accidentaly misses them by a bit and chars Wyvern. Blondemoon doesn't get burnt, but is covered in soot and for a moment seems to strangely ressemble a total eclipse...

As Wyvern collapses to the ground, he stamps Blondemoon's application "ACCEPTED".

;p

OOC: A good application, Blondemoon. Certainly ACCEPTED, welcome to the Pen! Be sure to post your e-mail address here or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com so I can send you the passwords and such. Once again, welcome!

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense" - Triple Seis, "Glamour Life"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.