The muscular man stands

With a dark hood

To hide his face.

The young knight stands

To take his place,

And a horrified head

Lies alone, betrayed

In a basket.

*OOC: For those that don't know me, I am a friend of Wyvern and a former player of Archmage (anyone from SOB should remember me as DarkFenix). I have been meaning to submit an application for a long time now, but just never got around to actually doing it. I have also posted a few more poems in the banquet room. Thanks for your consideration.

Xradion,

The Horny Druid,

Scholar of the Ancient Arts,

Holder of the Eye of Odin,

"The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream."

-Wallace Stevens

"When at home, do as the Homans do." –Xradion

As Wyvern's obese almost secretary of initiates, Melba, sweeps and cleans around the Recruiter's Office, Xradion sits patiently and confidently in his comfortable applicant easy chair, eagerly awaiting the infamous Elder of Initiate's verdict on the piece of poetry he had submitted in the hopes of joining. He plunges deep into thought, wondering what could possibly be taking Wyvern such a long time to get to the office... Melba passes by his chair and procedes to dust it off, then decides to clean off Xradion as well as he appeared to have gathered a great deal of dust having remained seated in the same easy chair for such a long time. The violent brush of Melba's duster against Xradion's face is more then enough to wake the druid from his deep concentration...

Xradion sighs and anxiously turns to the almost secretary that had just dusted him off... "Melba... how much longer till the overgrown lizard arrives again?"

"As I said before..." grumbles Melba apologeticaly "I haven't the faintest ide-"

The almost secretary is suddenly interrupted as Wyvern comes soaring through a glass window at the far end of the office on a jet propelled scooter with various sausages dangeling from his neck. In his hectic crash course, the lizard collides into Melba and sprays glass all over the newly swept office carpet... Quickly hopping off the scooter and watching it as it soars out of control through the office entrance and down the central hall of the Pen, Wyvern offers Xradion a linquisa sausage from his chain before seating himself at his desk and getting down to business...

"Xradion..." begins Wyvern "... I greatly enjoyed your application, and think you have all the potentials of making an excellent Pen member, but I feel you must first show your loyalty to me- *clears throat* to the guild!"

Xradion raises an eyebrow at this statement. "I... see... And how can I show my loyalty, may I ask?"

Now munching on a tofu sausage and setting his scaly feet onto the top of his desk, the overgrown lizard snorts "Give me the legendary Eye of Odin, and I'll let you in no problem. You do still possess the item, do you not...?"

Xradion nervously looks down at the office floor for a moment, uncertain of how to respond... He knew that if the Eye of Odin fell into the wrong hands, it could prove to be a catastrophe... and the greedy lizard's scaly palms certainly seemed to be the last place it belonged... Yet at the same time, if he lied saying he didn't have it and Wyvern noticed, it may have some effect on the acceptance of his application...

After having considered his options for a brief moment, Xradion gets a brilliant idea. Turning to Wyvern, he murmers "I do have the legendary Eye of Odin, but I also have an even more unique and intriguing trinket that you might find twice as fascinating..."

"Oooooooh?" hisses Wyvern, an evil smile spreading over his face and one of his hands going for the stamp used to accept applications "Lemme see! Lemme see!"

With that, Xradion wips out the head of the king that was slain in his poem "The Accolade". Much to Wyvern's horror, the head's eyes flicker open and it turns to the overgrown lizard, bellowing " Take me, and I will never feel betrayed again!"

Wyvern screams, quickly stamping Xradion's application accepted and running for the door. In the process, he trips over the chain of sausage links bound to him (one end of which is now being happily devoured by a hungry Melba) and falls into the main hall of the Pen only to be caught by his jet propelled scooter (which is still wreacking havoc through the halls) once again. As Wyvern screams and soars down the Pen hall, the chain of sausages and Melba (who is connected to the sausages) are rapidly pulled along with him. Xradion watches all this chaos in utter disbelief...

Just another day at the Recruiter's Office... ;p

OOC: On a more serious note, great poem Xradion, and certainly worthy of being ACCEPTED. Welcome! I'll get to sending you the appropriate passwords and such very soon... Glad to have you amongst us.

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 5/1/02 6:44:24 pm

Guest Xradion

*Xradion bows his head humbly in appreciation, not just of Wyvern, but of the other comments he has recieved as well. Still, he can't help but ask himself one burning question: Where all 'da white women at?!*

Xradion,

The Horny Druid,

Scholar of the Ancient Arts,

Holder of the Eye of Odin.

"The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream."

-Wallace Stevens

"When at home, do as the Homans do." –Xradion