The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Silence (the beginning of the story)

“My dear, I really must insist that you see the man. I don’t know what good it will do since you’ve taken the vow of silence, but he says that he will not leave until he talks to you. Don’t worry, I’m sure that no harm will come to you.”

Little did the Mother Superior know that the meeting between the young novice and the warrior would change all of their lives. This is the story about a girl who loses her identity because of her warrior father and gains it back by her warrior lover. But before the story begins, I must introduce myself. My name is Silence. I am a cat. Not your average everyday house cat, or one that you would find on a farm, but a panther, mountain lion, puma, panther. No matter what you call me, I am an unusual animal to be found in the company of humans. I guess the story begins with how I met my young nun, or I should say, how I saved her.

You see, one day I was calmly hunting for my dinner. In fact, I had a nice plump little rabbit right in my sights, ready to be pounced on when I heard a frightened cry. Well, being the helpful kitty that I am, I decided to see what was happening.

When I entered a nearby clearing, a saw a young lady being stalked by a different kind of hunter. A man to be exact. Now, let me tell you about my little nun. She is the most unusual female that I have ever seen, and trust me, I’ve seen a few. She has waist length black hair. But it isn’t exactly black, it’s more of a blue color. Well, her hair almost matches my coat. Almost. And her eyes! They’re gold…just like mine! If I didn’t know better, I’d say that she was a changeling. Very beautiful in a panther, but even more effective in a human. Anyways, as I was saying, a man was approaching her and lets just say that he wasn’t intending on dancing. So, as my little nun cried out for help again, I decided to show myself. Hehehe...I can still see the way that stupid human male yelled like a little girl and ran away when he saw me. Well, by this time my little nun was on the ground crying. So, I walked over and licked her, just like little kitty’s are supposed to do. When she looked up, her golden eyes met mine and we bonded. It’s as simple as that. I’ve been with her ever since.

Be gentle please email is annaelsmagic@rogers.com

Edited by: Annael at: 1/31/02 8:24:22 pm

The shadows churn like a featureless mist, a whispering of a thousand voices buzzing in the darkness until it solidifies into one voice that echoes with great distance.

"Very creative, certainly. A conversational tone and a second-person point of view are really not used often in fiction writing, and you've got an excellent start, here. I am looking forward to seeing more of the story."

As the voice falls silent, Annael blinks and looks at Gyrfalcon, who just shrugs. "Yui-chan. She's away for a while, but she still looks in on us in her own way. I don't know what's up with the talking shadows thing, though. Don't ask me."

Annael sighs to herself, impatiently fidgeting in her applicant easy chair while waiting for the Elder of Initiates to show up... It had been over a week since she had submitted the beginning of her story as an sampler of her writing, and there had been no sign of Wyvern anywhere. She had no idea his lunchbreaks could last this long...

Suddenly, the sound of several people whistling approaching the office door catches Annael's ear. She turns towards the entrance only to notice seven mini-Elders enter the chamber, one at a time. Each Elder dwarf turns to her and smiles as they pass... Quickly, all seven of the dwarves reach the desk on which Annael's application has been carefully placed. The dwarves begin looking over the intro to the story, discussing it amongst themselves as they do so...

"Hmmmm..." mutters Greedy (the mini-Wyvern) "... the panther of this story could be worth quite a bit of geld if it were sold on the blackmarket..."

"I think the cat should have minded it's own business and left the nun alone!" grumbles Grouchy (mini-Jechum), spitting on the ground and flushing red in the face.

"The cat is obviously a martian in disguise!" exclaims Wacky (mini-Zool) while sticking out his toungue and bouncing around the room "It's only a matter of time before the nun is assimilated by the alien panther society!!!"

Sleazy (mini-Lumpenproletariat) belches at this statement, and then mumbles "Why would the panther possibly wanna chase rabbits in the forest when it could just as easily find some delicious weasels...?"

"Well..." chimes Shiny (mini-Rydia) cheerfully "The panther's eyes definatly have shiny potential, as do the nun's..."

"The nun is definatly my type..." mutters Sexy (mini-Orlan) while combing back his hair and looking at himself in the mirror. "If I were the human male of the story, I would have faced the panther for her..."

Courtesy (mini-Peredhil) clears his throat and says "It was certainly polite of the panther to aid the maiden nun in such a respectfull fashion."

After about half an hour of discussion, the seven Elder dwarves reach a concensus. They cheerfully hand Annael back her application, which now has 'ACCEPTED' stamped on it and 'LOOK OUT FOR THE ALIEN CULTS' scrawled over it in large letters.

OOC: An ACCEPTED application Annael. Very original and interesting story so far, I can't wait for the continuation. Welcome to the Pen.

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 2/3/02 6:16:09 pm

Guest Minta Rose

OK, Tzimfemme's off having a psychotic fit or another, so I have to say--Kitty with shiny eyes is *definitely* good. It's noble and feline and. . .shiny! And there aren't any aliens, just very silly super-computers.