The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

"I am a shrub. No really! I am!"

Guest Belizean1

Guest Belizean1

*Belizean walks in to the crowded dining hall and smiles grandly at everyone.

"Hello everyone, I have been asked to join by Wyvern and.... and...." While speaking he notices that people in the crowd are snickering at him and pointing. He looks around and glares at the nearest person(who just happens to be Deg) "Deg! What is everyone laughing about! I thought you said it was a normal thing to wear this shrub outfit..... come on man.... you told me every new recruit does it!"

Deg stands there with tears streaming down his cheeks and tries his very very best not to laugh. "Umm.... I told you Belizean, you are my shrub so you have to wear the outfit. It isn't very complicated you know....."

"Yes yes I understand the shrub part. I am doing this as a favor to you btw! Don't forget that! But is this costume really necessary? I mean really..... look at me! I look ridiculous!!!"

"It's ok, everyone did it at one point or another......" Deg says while rubbing his left ear(he is known to rub his left ear when lying, he also starts humming when it is a BIG lie!) "Doobe doobee doo, dadadadadadadada doobee doobee doooo" He sings under his breath.

Belizean looks around one last time at the roaring crowd who are all laughing at him and throws his hands in the air. "I give up."

He strips off the funny looking shrub costume and steps out to reveal that he is clad in a long blue robe. The robe seems to be made of pure silk and shimmers in the light. It has no fancy jewels on it, no embroidery or anything to distinguish it as an expensive outfit. Yet, it catches the eye and stands out in a crowd. Immediately the entire crowd falls silent.

Belizean looks around with an eager eye. He is searching for someone...... yet he doesn't seem to find the person.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I come to you asking that you consider accepting me as a member of The Pen is Mightier than The Sword. I have long heard of your Guild and never until now even considered joining you. Therefore, I would like to officially ask that I be allowed to join as a member of The Pen is Mightier than the Sword. Thank you for your time and I await a response from you."

Belizean bows and takes a seat at a nearby empty table. He pulls out a small marble and begins playing with it. He rolls it over his fingers and oftentimes it looks like the crystal marble will fall off his hand but it never does. He continues as such until someone replies........*

Guest Cheye69

Beli! Heya! How the heck ya doing? it is so good to see you and this is definatly the place for your love of writing. Of course I in no way authorize your membership, as I am just a lowly peon here myself, but dang it is good to see you specially out of sob. Got to fly I am seriously late for work and here I sit typing....

Peredhil stands with a bright smile.

Another Seeker of Babylon found us! How good to see a fellow Scholar!

If you go down that short hallway there, hand your application to Melba, our new Almost Secretary. She's helping Wyvern.

Either she or Wyvern himself will see to processing it.

Welcome, again, welcome!

Guest Belizean1

OOC: Hehe Deg. I know what you told me. Isn't my story funnier though? *wink*

Chey! I am so happy to see you! I heard that Doc isn't doing too well..... I hope it's not too serious. Best wishe to you both!

IC:

*Bel walks over to Peredhil and greets him warmly with a big smile.

"So you guys have finally given Wyvern someone to help him I see." He says with a wink. "That is great! I think I will head over and introduce myself to Melba now...... thanks for the pleasant welcome Peredhil."

Bel walks over in search of Melba's office........*

As the hour hand of the grandfather clock in Wyvern's office slowly pushes it's way to the 7 mark, Belizean sighs and irritatedly leans back in his applicant easy chair. He had waited for Wyvern for over 3 days now and the overgrown lizard had yet to show his scaly hide... which was natural for an old general of S.o.B, he supposed, but irritating never the less. What's more, the shrubbery outfit he was wearing was beggining to itch and numerous insects and animals had begun making their homes in it... Raising himself from his chair and in the process carelessly brushing off a birds nest that had been built on his head, Belizean decides that a breath of fresh air in the gardens of the Pen would do just the thing to calm his nerves. Turning to Melba, who looked very stressed and exhausted at the moment, he exclaims:

"Melba, I'm going for a short walk in the gardens of the Pen... If Elder Wyvern shows up, be sure to tell him that I'm impatiently waiting for him to process my application!"

Upon hearing this, Melba turns to Beli, forces a smile, and nods her head a few times. Franticaly turning back to her paper work, she accidentaly knocks over her tall cup of Starbuck's Expresso and spills it over two piles of legal papers. She begins having a fit about her misfortunes and tearing her hair out in frustration. Needless to say, Belizean doesn't stick around to see the spectacle...

Walking out in the gardens of the Pen, Belizean inhales a deep breath of air and looks up at the moon. The gardens of the Pen were truly a peacefull and serene place... Beli was glad that he had traveled out here to relieve his-

An ostrich runs by.

Belizean's mouth drops open... had he just been seeing things... Was the bird a mere halucination caused by stress?

No.

Two more ostriches run by, followed by a flamingo, seven orangutans, a gorilla, an elephant... Then, the very foundation of the garden is shook as an enormous stampede of animals comes charging through! At the head of the stampede is none other then the Elder of Initiates, Wyvern, who is desperatly running from the herd and yelling at the top of his lungs "HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP!"

Belizean stands astonished and incapable of movement as he see's tigers, goats, and even penguins rush past him. An enormous giraffe runs by Beli and, mistaking him for a tasty looking shrubbery, stops and turns towards him. The giraffe then bends down it's enormous neck and takes Belizean into it's mouth... Terrified and disgusted, the poor astonished applicant shrieks as he's covered with giraffe drool and lifted several feet into the air...

Slowly, the herd of animals begins to subside... Having tried to nibble on Belizean a little bit, the giraffe loses interest in the extra chewy shrubbery and spits it out before running off with the rest of the animals. Belizean flies from his position numerous feet above the ground and lands headfirst into a bush a brambles...

After the last of the animals have departed, Wyvern fishes for Belizean in the bramble bush and eventually manages to find him and pull him out. Taking out an application sheet and stamping it 'ACCEPTED', Wyv hands it to Belizean and murmers:

"Here you are Belizean... The least I can do to make up for this entire incident. Take my advice, buddy, and never try making your own independent zoo in secrecy... It's simply not worth the trouble."

OOC: You're accepted Belizean, thanks for applying. You have no idea how nice it is to finally have you with us.

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 11/20/01 7:14:28 pm