The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Healing wounds of the past 

Cheye519

Viewer

(8/8/01 6:25:36 am)

Reply Healing wounds of the past

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assumption, the Mother of all screw-ups. It has been said in the past and finally, even if only to myself, I must admit I have played the part. Looking back upon the past events, I can clearly see my mistakes, the other roads I should have followed.

Walking out onto the balcony, I let the morning sun wash over my face and bare shoulders. The warmth of the rays does nothing to still the chattering of my teeth or relieve the bone cold weariness I have felt since the day Wyvern walked out my door. There were no harsh words, no fists flying in rage yet somehow the hurt was worse than either of those things could have produced. Staring out across the green fields, I could still see in my minds eye the black charred carcasses of noble fighters, the screams of there pain echoing in my ears, the maniacal laughter of one named Hellstorm. That was all over now a new season has bloomed. Plants and flowers flourished as if nothing had ever transpired upon the battlefields around the castle. Somehow it was not so easy to heal a damaged soul. Choking back a sob I try to still my mind, to not let the memories become so intense and overwhelming. As I look again at the parchment just received I realize a tear had escaped anyhow, dripping upon the elegant handwriting of Wyvern. He is asking me to join him in another realm, one without the horrors of the present place and time that I still seem to exist in. A place where you could disagree with someone yet not feel the hot white pain of a knife sliding between your shoulder blades. A place where my blood would stay inside my body not pool on the floor surrounding my feet. Smiling wistfully, I decide to take the journey, I miss my old comrades and life is just not the same without Wyvern.

Walking briskly back into my room, having decided to pen a letter to Wyvern, I stop in shock to see him sitting on his haunches in front of my bed, watching me with those spiritual eyes that express more then words could ever say.

“You came back!” Running to him, I throw my arms around his neck knowing I am soaking him with my tears yet not able to stop crying my happiness is so great.

“No, my Lady, I just forgot to send directions and didn’t want you to get lost”

Smiling tenderly into the beautiful eyes of my Love I realize how great my mistake was, I should have gone to him earlier.

Wyvern, Since I didn't have time to write to you and let you know I was interested in what you wrote to me and write a short story of some sort I wrote this up instead. Hope it meets the approval of whomever is approving. Great hearing from you! Now what?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW POST

Archive Note The original post was made by someone who did not register, as a result the parser was slightly confused and messed up. Their post appears above, and peredhil31's post is below.

peredhil31

Elder

(8/8/01 6:46:51 am)

Reply CHEYENNE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peredhil turns in hope and shock, a rhyme forced from him.

Hair red and flowing in breeze blowing

Expressive eyes of green

One I accuse of being a Muse

As will make a Wyvern preen.

You ole SoB listen to my plea

Sign in with account and post

Whether local or global, fixed or mobile

Until you do you're a ghost.

Wyvern is Elder of Initiates, so while we wait for him to process your application, may I invite you to read the Codex, Look over the Lists, read some of the many stories.

The Conservatory in particular has a thread that Zadown has infused with energy.

Welcome Lady Welcome!

May you find healing and a home here.

Elrond Peredhil, 31

Elder of Lists and Manners, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Former Scholar of the Seekers of Babylon

Guest Cheye69

*grins sheepishly*

I am too impatient...I have already read all I have access too...Brute is now back at SOB, Wyv made mention of inviting him in the letter I recieved, should I pass along the invite do you think or wait like a good little girl? Not that I have been good in some time...But that is another story. Oops, look at the time, I will be late for work if I don't run anyways!! See you soon.

Feel free to invite anyone you wish to visit our Site!

Each one will have to apply on their own, and be considered on their own merits.

Just because Wyvern and I love you dearly and know your abilities, some of the others may not.

Feel free to Post!

I invite all to post in the Public Areas - The Pen is about writing and welcome, growth friendship and fun.

Well!

I'm very glad you decided to join us, Cheye. Like I said in my e-mail, tPiMttS is a blast. We're getting more excellent writers by the day...

Don't worry, your application is exactly the kind of creative writing we're looking for. I'm giving it my seal of approval. Thus you are now an initate. I wish I could send you the password and stuff, but rules are rules...

Wyvern turns to Jechum and Peredhil for a moment and growls. The two sort of scratch the back of their heads and looks towards the ground for a moment, a bit ashamed.

Still, I'm certain one of the other Elders will send you the pass very soon. (Peredhil won't be able to resist. )

I've sincerely missed you. It's nice to know that we'll finally be able to write together again. I'm quite devoted to this site, so you can expect me to post here at least once a day.

Once again, I apologise that I can't join S.o.B again. If I had the time, I really would make my coming back a priority.

In short: a big, fat ACCEPTED.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"I'll put it in lamer terms:

If you came to learn how to make fire,

COME I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!"

-Big Pun, R.I.P

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Guest Cheye69

Well, since you let me know when you are available here is my schedule so you don't have to go a looking for me any longer and wondering if I am around...

sat and sun-on the comp 3-10 times a day, if you request something even just wanting to hear a hello, I will be around...

mon, tues, and fri- after 6pm central standard time thru 11 pm but my time will be divided between 2 kids, dinner, husband, cleaning, weeding the garden...you get the picture...

wed and thurs-I have 2-3 hours on these morning distraction free....it is wonderful and I will do most of my writing on these days as it is calm in my house for a change...

Oh, and just to let you know, I am way over Hellstorm and the like, I play am still but I will never be in charge of a guild again, I am too soft in one aspect and too much of a pain in the other..fire and ice seems like a good combination until you add a few key ingredients then it kinda explodes in your face....Never was too good a chemistry.

Anyhow, I am going to go look around some more, I didn't feel comfortable posting anywhere else until you accepted my application...nothing like stepping on everyones toes before you get a yes from the one in charge...

It is so good you have decided to join us!

Yes, the Pen is our home sweet home. As Peredhil has welcomed you and introduced you to the site, I will let you find what interests you. Perhaps You could also join us on the Tipanic with Capt. "blind in both eyes" Wesmeister at the AM conservatory? You do have a couple of posts you need to write as an innitiate (haha! We've got her now! ). I am thinking of perhaps reviving a lil' classic Zool for the occasion.

And don't worry about any Hellstorms, or any other storms for that matter. Such treachery has been experienced by all of us, and it has no power here.

Welcome Cheyenne.

~Zool~

Elder of Elders, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.

Guest Cheye69

Hey! It has been too long, my friend! I dream night after night of being in your arms, toga bottoms only, rubbing up against your magnificent form, laughing breathlessly as you spin me across the dance floor. Another time and place but an enjoyable one. I will head on over to the conservatory soon I have my hands full at the moment but be assured of my coming. As it turns out I commited suicide with one of my mages so I would have time for this. I now only have the one and am actually thinking about letting it go as well. I enjoy the writing about it more than the playing of it any more. On to bigger and better I guess the saying goes. Thanks for having me, now how about a password? See you soon! Edited by: Cheye69 at: 8/11/01 6:10:40 pm

To clear up confusion...

You're already an Initiate on the Lists, accepted and cherished M'dear.

A few more posts like those I've seen already and you'll be a Page post haste - Page is where you get the password to the Athenaeum. Probably the largest delay isn't anything to do with you, but that this incarnation of the Pen is carefully trying to find a sense of balance and therefore moving more slowly than any of us would wish.

Your patience and grace is as appreciated as always.

Peredhil tries to arrange a sad puppy-dog look on his face, but the mischevious glint in his eyes belays it.

You don't miss dancing with me too?

Elrond Peredhil, 31

Guest Cheye69

What I miss with you far outweighs a few stolen moments on a dance floor, be it ever etched in my mind as it caused such a stir not just on the UBB but here at home as well...

What I miss with you is stumbling upon one of your creations, sitting down in a quiet moment to read it and finding myself wiping tears away without even realizing I was sheading them. Printing out the page and putting it in my scrap book for I know one day you will be a household name and I can pull it out and say "Hey, check this out" and everyone around will stare in amazement as they read the words you write so well. Your words are such a tangible thing one can almost reach out and touch the players. Your writings touch the heart my friend. Your debates are by far the most thought provoking discussions I have ever had with another being.

So, while a stolen moment one can laugh over and remember with a smile, after a couple years go by the warm feeling it gives is lost with the time. One must continually have those occasions to fill the void as it empties. With you however, those thoughts and memories, and how they make one feel inside will last a lifetime.

No prob on the password, I knew you all would put me through the ropes...I hope I just don't break my neck trying to climb up and over them.

Edited by: Cheye69 at: 8/10/01 1:27:31 pm

Peredhil staggers in from the Wilds of Idaho, frenzied with Internet withdrawal, and holds - just holds - Cheyenne tenderly.

With a gentle kiss on her forehead, he breaks away and heads back out into the Lands of little-to-no-communication.

I've MISSED you! You are brave enough to say what you feel rather than hiding behind a thousand dazzling words. Better than a cool drink on a hot day.

Guest Cheye69

I intend on picking up my writing more in the next couple weeks, a little more every day, I am on th last leg of a 14 day-no -day-off stretch and kinda frazzled but worry not, I love it here and would not forsake it for anything!

**blows a kiss at BP as she catches sight of him rushing away..."IDAHO?" she yells after him, "I am from there...Mom is in Boise grew up in the panhandle...Small world."**

Guest lumpenproletariat

Quote: Well!

I'm very glad you decided to join us, Cheye. Like I said in my e-mail, tPiMttS is a blast. We're getting more excellent writers by the day...

Though the best have been here since the beginning.

*coughs*

'lo Cheyenne

Guest Cheye69

Boise? How I miss it there, I grew up at 1127 .....for the life of me I can't think of the name of the street now, it was right by the university. Me and my bro used to go to the University to play video games and my school was the one right smack in the middle of the University. My 3rd grade year was the last year they had school for the elementary there as they were concerned with us younguns' picking up the older kids habits or worse.

Had to call my Mom, it was 1127 Michigan...right down the street was a little hole in the wall outdoor cafe type thing, there food sucked but man oh man do they give lots of ice cream for just a few cents! Come to think of it though, my first and only brush with the law was in Boise too.....

Jechum floats in, recalling something about making acceptations for already known talent that have already shown great Penmanship starting them off atleast as Pages.

Cheyenne, I’m sure Elder Wyvern will be emailing you passwords shortly.

I must be off and see if any of the Quill-Bearers have completed their quests.

I’m hoping to get enough shrubbery to hedge in the backyard.

Jechum floats out…

OCC: I am catching up on my reading. I expect I will be doing a few more promotions to Page. Just so you know what I'm looking for: Multiple Elder or Full Member support/backing and board activity here. (Later, I’ll catch up on my AM board reading looking for posts in the name of The Pen.)

Edited by: Jechum at: 8/30/01 10:57:10 pm

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, not yet... As soon as they fix up the internet in my dorm room, I should be able to download it.

I'd love to chat with you too.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.