Driving us around the bend.

Watch the children all the day,

Teaching them the proper way.

I am not dumb,

I stay at home.

This is my job,

The choice my own.

Don't call me a backwards thinker,

Some things were meant to stay the same.

And though I've no objection to your work,

It often brings more pain.

If you must then find a job,

Outside the home within the mob.

You're smart, work hard, deserve your pay,

And could not live another way.

But children need their parents,

Need attention only they can give.

And if you have a choice,

Please stay home and show them how to live.

Equal rights are needed,

And I support them all I can,

But it stops being about you,

When you've a child in hand.

In explanation (so I do not get hit be people who think I'm saying women should all stay at home):

Children learn many things from their parents. They learn not only how to do things, but how to act and what is polite. One thing people cannot deny has skyrocketed since mothers started working is a lack of manners.

Women working is great. Mothers working if they have no other source of income is fine. But when they have the choice, it is better for the child to grow up in full time care of their mother than surrounded by other children who don't know what manners are yet. As for nannys, it is a healthy alternative, but personally I think it is really sad when a person is more attached to their nanny than to their own flesh and blood, which is what happens.

My mother stays at home with myself and my brothers. I go to school and hear people whining about their parents and am reminded how much I love my own. It is sad how separated families are these days and coming from a close-knit family, I wish people would take a step back in their enthusiasm to enter the workforce if they have children and consider what it might be like not to hire a babysitter.

One of my best friends is a newlywed, having been married last year. He is almost 20 years older than her, and now she is - pregnant! She is a professional woman, while he is a retired university professor. The plan is for her to work, and him to be home with the child.

So you see, there are many parental permutations in the new century.

I myself am a father, and a grandfather! My children live with their mother since our divorce, and I only see them on the holidays and the summer. The grandchildren are my daughter-in-law's, and so I likewise only see them on visits.

So you see, there are again many more parental possibilites!

While I think traditional families are grand, I do not think that it is necessarily a handicap for children to be in a 'shared' situation. This gives them many more opportunities to experience things that would be difficult to find in one place.

The truly sad situation is when children are left to raise themselves.

~Zool~

Ancient, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.