You love to toy,

With any piece of string,

And sitting in the sun,

Is your favorite thing.

Kitty I adore you,

In every way,

And I promise to kiss you,

At least once a day.

Thank you. My cat is probably the thing I love the most in this world. Some people tell me that I'm dumb because, as much as I adore my horse also, I would take my cat over my horse. But Ben, Mittem is just her nickname, has been with me since I took her from my aunts wild cats nine years ago. I'll be sad when she leaves me, but until then I don't think she'll ever stop playing.

Very whimsicle, my friend. Your language is playful, and your style in this poem reminds me of the innocence of a toddler (but please do not take that as a comment on your personal style )

You do not allow complicated language or style interefere in what is generally a statement that is sincere and genuine in its context, and generally doesn't need big works or metaphors to describe something that, frankly, is right there in front of you.

I like this poem. Though I admit I'm not a big fan of the style, your message and similes are well appreciated.

Thank you.

Signed-

Thank you to all! I wrote it with my beloved cat sitting in front of me. She is a cat of very few words (mostly meow), so her poem had to have been something simple without a lot of wrods to convey the meaning. I don't really remember her changing from kitten to cat, but this could only be because she never really did. She still pounces on everything and comes in the house looking exceptionally proud of whatever rodent she's just caught. I'll always love her.

–Jess

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Bravo! A glimps into one's personal encounter with that feeling of total encompassment with something apart from the rest of the world that takes hold of all of us at one time or another, I love it. I've never been much of a cat person, myself, but it paints a pretty picture. Well done.

Yours truly,

Seth Exodus

Initiate of The Pen

Ozymandias– Thank you! But, please, madame is not nessicary. Jess is fine. It is my name. Oh, and if you want a dog, I have 5 puppies (if you don't mind driving to Washington!)

Seth– Thanks! I'm sorry your not a cat person though; you're missing out.