The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happy 200th post...

reverie

Yea, i just hit 200 posts... dang that's alot of txt... Yeah, i know less is more.

oye... headache... can't write blind... in celebrationg of my 200th post and my writer's block... may off a few stray thoughts, rambles, and insights from my past to ponder and whatnot... so without further ado:

The world according to rev:

...(mostly unedited)

(on depresion vs creativity)

oh yes, depresive moods are hotbeds for creative writing... but the wretching of the soul thru that addictive bittersweet feeling,is not pleasant... and is hard to fight, once its get a hold of you...

you try to shake it off... but it calls back to you... cause you hate the feeling but a the same time it's a true and deep penetrating feeling... one the most pure... and addictive... and dangerous....

i try to avoid it nowadays...

( girl. rose. thorns... you get the idea)

" but your nector is sweeter and worth a thousand thorns picks to savor..."

--------------------------------------------

(trying to impress

as are you, sweet... sweetness flows form you lips like the water from a never ending

fall... enteral in its strenght and beautly...

never failing to bring life to all it

reaches... swirls of myst rise from heavly

pools below... cooling the hearts and soothing

the souls of those fotunate to (fall) within their

fold ...

-----------------------------------------------

(on friendship)

oh you should find some you can talk too in

RL... heh come to think of it so should i...

we all need someone to confide in... once i

found a person or two i could share things

with... now i really have no.. i have

friends, but there not really close friends..

just at one of lonely point in life... it

won't last forever... but am not too happy

with it... finding someone willing to listen

is hard... finding someone that really cares

is even harder... but if you do... if amazing

what the two of you can do for each other...

----------------------------------------------

(brain power vs youth)

We've all partied too much... lord know's i'd kill to have some of the brains cells i foolishly destroyed in highschool... but remeber your brains cells are like soldiers.. if one falls the other's just close ranks and drive on... hmm , they prolly screaming for reinforcment by now...but i keep telling them... your all that's left... fight on... lol

--------------------------------------

(on recounting my army eye exam...)

*nice army Doctor: look into the machine

without your glasses and tell me what you

see?

*revery(that's me): blured lines

*Dr... how bout now?

*dreamlost(still me) 5 blurred objects

*Dr... and now?

*rev: 5 really small blurred objects

...this went oh for a good 5mins...

finally the Dr gave up..

**DR. okay forget the machine, how many fingers

am i holding up?

** me/revery/dreamlost: 8!

** doctor... good, your in...

---------------------------

(on dealing with the past)

Also I learned that the problem with remembering past is that you can always go back further and further.... And the further back you go, the less control you had. So much that if you go back too far, you start to ponder or silly things... Like of all the places in the world my globetrotting mom, could have picked to live, why in the name of all that is sacred did she settle for Georgia. See you can't do stuff like that cause then you just keep going back and back... In my case I can go all the back to the around back to say, just a little bit before the American civil war, in an fledging kingdom of Siam and curse a king for not leaving his throne to his son... But, like that stupid anyway, cause then you start thinking time travel, and he wait a minute, I’m mixed(asian/white) and I’d prolly never have been born sort of scenario’s not too unlike Marty Mcfly exploits in 'back to the future' 1985!

Ugh! Life's too short... If you want to rewrite the past fine, then do so, here's your quill, go for it buddy... Ya know there's a booming industry in alternate histories now a days. Ya know, like what if comic's... People are in love when the what ifs of the world. Maybe that what cause all the gossip too.

-------------------------

(self improvement and an openmind)

I wonder in a kind of limbo, here and there, writing of this and that in the constant pretence of trying to better myself, expand my mind, and what not... Reading philosophy, searching for answers, forsaking what I once thought as truth in an attempt to open my mind up to more truth in the world, though a great part of me, believes everything's relative to the person in a subjective sort of way and the whole universal truth thing is just something we create so we can attach ourselves to something. That's is till I remember a felt power or presence from past that I quickly squash down to keep from infringing on my new open type mind.

----------------------------

(feeling blue)

"i'm just a rose unpicked left to wilt on the stem of life..."

me...

"we suffer in the shudder of the smallest glimspe..."still me

(chocalate vs barhopping)

was just passing through i happened to notice your chocolate fixation and what not... hmmm, ya know chocolate can make you feel like your in love... or for the unromantic in the room, send you off into a earthshattering orgasm... well so i'm told... only problem is it would take about 10 pounds or so of the stuff in one super concentrated sitting... some would prolly argue that the horrendous belly ache you would get from this is well worth it... well i'm not buying it... The amount of celery and lettuce alone that you'd have to eat to counter-act that suicidal low caused by that golden, mindnumbing, cosmic "Carolyn don't go into the light" sugar rush is just not worth it... sure,i know, it's easy to fall prey to the temptation of buying a ton Hershey's finest. It's so much easier than the effort involved in laying the ground work a long supportive and equaling fulfilling relationship... hell it may even be easier than getting totally blitz and hooking with whatever's still standing or staggering around at 4am on the dance floor, or more to the point willing to hook up with you 'cause we all know that the ancient proverb holds true "in the dark no one is ugly" and in your alcohol induced haze you may do something you'd regret or rather with someone you really really really regret... so yes it is easy to slip beneath the chocolate haze. But is it really worth it? Do you really want to end up a strung out cocoa fiend... living alone wondering alone... always alone chasing that mythically fragment of the great chocolate dragon... riding the perpetual snake of excess and pseudo-bliss as you waist line grows wider and heavier with every all inclusive must-need-get fix...

-------------------------

(on me vs reality)

I'm only slight out of focus...

(on the unversal love thing)

I love everyone except the people i hate.

(priorities, smorriorities...)

...during the last two months, I felt a little cheated cause my unit(army stuff) had the audacity to send me to field exercises when they knew aimee mann was touring. They didn’t seem to share my view that this event constituted a suspension of all field exercises and the unilateral granting of passes to the nearest venues.

(linux)

Tony puzzled over his computer aptly named Drew(don't ask). Tony had a Linux Box. If anyone has ever taking the time to run one of these things on their personal computer, then they will know that such devices are built like a great bundle of inter-linking and addictive jigsaw puzzles. If so inclined, a technophile with enough time on his hands could set out to tinker away his life on all these programming puzzles. His heart warmed by each successful effort, he continues to burn away the night, forgetting the times where his brain screamed confounded and confused before. The object is being to get your ‘drew’ to run equal too if not better than other more non-tinkered orient systems...

------------------

(on death and euthanasia)

All things must come to some point of finality, and whether people choose to believe it or not one day they too will come to this universal and certain end. One day their bodies will simply decide enough is enough and cease to function. Just like that people who have lived long and promise filled lives are dead. However, do not despair because they are hardly alone. People shut their eyes to death everyday because few have the courage to face their mortality with open arms. Just speaking of death is enough to send a shudder and a chill through various parts of society. Moreover, if talk of death can send a shudder through society, then talk of euthanasia or assisted suicide can bring forth waves of revulsion and out right anger among the populace.

Society has various thoughts on mortality. Death is something that is to be avoided. Death is to be not hastened. Death is also a state that is to be feared or ignored. Death is something to hide from that never should be embraced. Life should be prolonged as much as possible, no matter the cost to the individual. The final end will come when it comes, but the time of death is not to be predicted, know, or chosen. Thoughts resembling these can be found anywhere in society. People have been taught to that they should, as the poet Dylan Thomas states "rage rage against to the dying of the light " (12 . To fight the coming of the dark and foreboding is natural and noble, but what happens when people no longer have the strength of will to fight? What happens when people's bodies have become so ravaged with disease and pain that to fight on would be an act or cruelty? Once again, it is comforting for spectators to say, as the poet Dylan Thomas states, " Do not go gentle into that good night" (12 . However, this task becomes too great for some people. Terminally ill patients that are condemned to die with no hope of recovery can take not comfort in these inspirational words. They know that they are going to die. Modern medicine has aided them as much as it can in battle with their approaching mortality. These condemned souls have fought long and hard while also having to suffer the humiliation of losing control of their once productive lives. When all other options have been exhausted, then people in these situations are left with only two dismal prospects. They can either go through the continuous pain and suffering of waiting for the disease to run its course or they can choose to be released from this pain by taking part in the controversial act or practice known as euthanasia or assisted suicide.

(on conquring the world)

Like you said once, “we’re free souls” something like we can do anything we want. I say hell yeah, we can write our own book. Start over and rebuild the foundation… Kind of melodramatic, I know, but I watch a lot of movies…

(on castle)

**enters castle, the happy go lucky heh, castle, brought to life by the dreamlost in a misguilded attempt to cash in some much needed vacation time in hell… While the went dreamlost was louging in a pool of oh-so-soothing lava… Castle took charge of the dreamlost countries and provinces in b1… This proved to be a fatal error for the dreamlost as castle turned out to be the worst steward imaganable. Who ever would of thought a castle could mess things up so much, in so little time… Holding true to his inanimate roots… roots? Um fondation, well whatever… concepts such as food, rest or even the need for good clean water never enter forvever poinging structures mind, oh yeah that’s a stretch…, Anyway the dreamlost villas and estate(habla espona?) were soon laid waste in ruin, and the dreamlost was then forced to cut short his much needed vacation in hell to see to his newly ruined lands… Well to sum up… he never trusted castle again with such a great duty, and left the not so happy go lucky anymore structure in a lonely hold to puzzle out the joys of wish… “That should keep busy,” he mutter...

(on pill popping)

-So i take this here pill type thing and no more rage huh, fountain asked Dr. Lithuim.

-Sure take it, for three months and maybe a day. I swear it will make take all that unneeded color away, replied the Doc.

Maybe i should have found a better line of work. Peddling pills that make the blue sky turn gray.

So mellow,

the boys find him

one world only to play.

But it makes them more happy or dependent or both. And ballys not needed only nothing a ghost...

(and finally on medical tape)

never under estimate the many uses of a good roll of medical tape. oh some may swear by duct tape or electrical or god help us scotch tap, but none have the multi-funtionability and adaptability of a good OLE roll of medical tape. Just think of the possibilities, they're endless. Need to stop a leak on a fuel injector, slap some medical tape on it.

Running out of stickers to label you diskettes, throw some medical tape on it. got a cut: medical tape it. Just had an arm blow off and don't have the heart to cauterize it: lots of medical tape. run out of white-out to forge you doctors notes via a copying machine. Aided by good old American know-how, yes-medical tape can help.

But wait there's more. its water resistant, user friendly, comes off in easy to tear strips, is customizable. Our inventor had the foresight to create it in a happy and neutral color of white(standard) it’s become what you make it. you can write on it, draw on it, color it, and create all manners of mummy constructions. I swear by it and you will too. And it can be all yours absolutely free. (well excluding a petty theft, or fraud charge here and there) Take a hammer or readily accessible blunt object, then choose any convenient appendage or other misc. body part and proceed to masochist heaven. Then walk into to any local emergency room and they will practically give it away. *note due to current budget cut backs you may be limited to one roll* No fear, this is easily solve by conducting a thorough inspection of all suspicious looking cabinets and drawers.

Don't have the stomach for such a display of self-destruction. Not to fear these tactic work just as well on your friends (assuming you have friends) as they do on you. These tactics also has the added advantage of allowing your friends to become distractions sort of speak, to all those who would seek to stop you from acquiring said tape.

okay... that's all

take all... see next 100 posts...

revery

the dreamlost

"cafe diem"(coffee shop sign)

the dream continues...

Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?Edited by: reverie  at: 10/9/02 5:14:19 pm

Wistfully tries to remember his 200th post and gives up.

If you're gonna do the Lithium thing - make sure they check your thyroid levels. Army Headshrinkers tend to forget that part.

Talk to them about Depakote - it's easier on the system, doesn't fuzz your brain as much, and works better than Lithium Carbonates.

-Peredhil

(peredhil31 on yahoo or msn messenger)