The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

No Fear 

Guest ArawnD

Jechum floats in...

"You have nothing to fear but fear it self!"

Where is Mr. Spock when you need him?

Worms for thought!

1) God is the most powerful being in the universe.

2) “I shall fear no evil for the Lord is with me.”

3) So, if the Lord is with you, the only thing to fear is good, right?

4) “God is good”

5) Therefore, I recommend fearing God!

Personally, I recommend the eternal life insurance policy also.

Now, did anybody see where Zool put that can?

Jechum floats out.

Jechum Newbie, Mage of Shadows

the Pen is Mightier than the Sword - Ancient Lore

wanna battle???

I chose you J.D Salinger... Use overbearing older brother Buddy logic attack... gogogogogogogogoggogo...

Oh no, he counter with super imbittered baby brother Zooey verbal josting attackkk.... argh crash burn....

heh... sorry don't really have time to comment extensively, what with them keep switching from day shift to night shift , then back to days... then oh waie you're going tdy next week... sorry we forgot to mention it to you...(ask peredil about tdy) plus trying to pursue relationships on top of college... am like AyEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... but hey, am having the time of my life(death the time of you life, by neil gaiman... 2 thumbs up) Anyways...

Z000000000LLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

how could you... copying and pasting directing from online m-w... is my idiocyntric @#$@# up trait.... grrrrrrr... new i should have copyrighted it... lol...

oye vey... what fun... to laugh and run in the sun... with sherlye crow singing back up to another cliche song... just for a tap, tap, tapping of the the toes...

um... yeah... later all... back to reality....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revery

the dreamlost

"I did what last night!!!!"

the dream continues...

Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?

heh I always found it rather useless to debate philosphy with non-christiain, as the veiw point is so different. With the idea of a universal truth, the metaphore of an apple and and an orange becomes rather useless as one could be better than the other. On the other hand with a like of complete belief in a "divine judge" there is no way to compare seemingly unlike things.

Zool, from what I understand you find a logic trap in fearing God. I agree that this wouldn't make any sense if God was a being of pure love. I personally find him also to be a being of justice, and that he hates 'evil'. Now theres a loaded word. I use evil as in the definition of evil by a supream all-knowing created everything judge. Now to stay on topic, lets not debate how egocentric I must be to assume My God created everything. Because God loves good and hates evil he will distroy the evil out of love for the good. Unfortunatly for we humans(Yes I include you, because it is my belife that you are human, and all humans are in the same boat), all of us have commited evil. Therefore we must repent and have a fear of the fact that if we are doing evil when it is our time to be judged we will be in serious trouble. On the flip side he loves us and all of our goodness, and that is why we have so musch time to repent and try and be good. That is my thought on the whole thing.

Now as to your complaint about the definition, I belive it is the result of people wanting to be considered christian, but not wanting to do what is christian. Perhaps they don't want to belive God will punish them. I don't think a cultural definition of a word should be used to argue theology. I would hate to go up against Plato on the topic of music if it could be.(as was one of my homework assignments)

Well thats my opinion.

Jechum floats in...

"Fear Here! Get your ice cold fear here!"

Personally, I prefer can of beer to fear but since Zool wants to hide the can, I'm willing to accommodate.

I found this to be interesting reading… hisplace.com/hpcf/Library/database.html

Jechum floats out...

Jechum Newbie, Mage of Shadows

the Pen is Mightier than the Sword - Ancient Lore

Fear: Truthfully my first fear was isolation, I couldn't be left alone for a minute. If you were not in my sight you didn't exist. I've long since overcame that to some degree. My next fear was of heights, this fear was more complicated by the fact I was quite good at climbing trees, jungle gyms, etc. I still experience slight vertigo, but that can't be avoided when you're up 30ft . Darkness came next and was the hardest to rid myself of, it's been a mere four years since that. I guess that one would be from my fear of the unknown (i.e. What the shadows held.) I've never feared failure, for from failure can come success, motivation to try harder. I now live with three fears. Fear of myself, death, and a skeleton named Bob. I think fear is too harsh a word. Maybe you can say I am avoident of this things. I don't want to die, so I avoid dangerous situations, but some situations can become dangerous and beyond my control at any time. I avoid showing my true self or acting on the impulses I get. As for Bob he's a figment of my imagination. I'm not crazy, I just have a weird daydream about a skeleton, I named him Bob to diffused the fear.)

The Mad King

Fears? Mine are common, I suppose, but terrifying in their own way.

The biggest one is drowning. Not so much the drowning bothers me, but being *stuck* somewhere and having no choice in the drowning. That bothers me... I am highly uncomfortable watching all those movies centred around water rising, being trapped, etc. =/

The second is not so much a fear for myself, but... I've lived all my life in the same house, practically in the same room, with the same things... I'm always afraid of housefire. Keeping all of your things all your life makes you a little terrified of losing them.