The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Fondest greetings...

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

The sun sat low in the early morning sky, sending a golden beam of heaven’s own through the windows of the Cabaret room and chasing from the musty corners of the room, the last lingering reminisce of night. The room itself sat empty, waiting for the regular patrons to enter, seeking their morning pleasures. Serenity reigned o’er the room, but, as all good things, this too must come to pass; though, perhaps there was one who sought this passing.

From the courtyard the sound of advancing steps and merry voices could be heard drawing near; the first steps to scatter the sweet morning dew. The large doors to the Cabaret room swung open and in stepped the first of many to grace that doorway that day. They made their ways about the room to where they spent their mornings; some to the bar for breakfast, some to the hearth for an early morning read, and some to the tables to socialize. But, where e’er they went all went about completely oblivious to the figure in the shadows, which sat at ease reclining on the leather lounge chair by the window simply watching them go about their business.

Finally, after taking a long sip of his tea, a smile creased the face of this hidden stranger and he sighed deeply. It fell softly upon the ears of one of the few in the room and he cast an eye to the shadows.

“ Do you always stray to the shadows, my good sir, when there be naught but kind greetings and friendly faces about? Speak now, and present yourself, my skulking stranger. Take heart in the promise of welcome within these hallowed halls. Tell me what thy lordly name is.” The patron said with a grin.

The stranger set his cup down upon the table and pressed his fingertips together, keeping his face hidden by the shadows.

“On this Night’s Plutonian shore, sir?”

“Indeed, not, sir mystic; simply on this morn’s dawning.”

“ Well then, sir, I shall tarry on silence Nevermore.” He leaned forward into the sunlight. The sun glinted off his silver rimmed spectacles, and beneath his moustache a smile resided. He stood and faced the onlookers dawned in full formal wear; from top to toe he bore regal black and silver. His right hand rested on the silver handle of his black cane, and the other was held out, as for inspection.

“Though,” said he, “be there true need for introductions among those who know each other so well?” And thus Lord Seth Exodus stood in full view of all who chose to look on.

“Travels have taken me far and fast from here, but I expected naught but such a warm greeting upon my return to this place which has become to me home. It is good to be back, and may God bless this place,” he said lifting his cup once more. “Now, who is here that I may greet him just as warmly?”

Yours ever truly,

Lord Seth Exodus

A whirlwind of motion, a retinal blur.

Sudden reverse and stop.

LordSethWelcomeBackDon'tHaveTimeToStopAndChatBut-

Peredhil hugs warmly and is suddenly gone.

A small puff of smoke floats for a moment in the air he occupied, then dissolves...

Canid bows to Lord Seth and wags her tail, looking out the window.

A large raven flies in and lands on her head.

Canid grins silently and the bird caws its greeting.

Above the fireplace of the Cabaret hung poised as regal a figure as ever wielded a rubber chicken. Zool, as always, depicted wearing his best leather trimmed in red, stood watch over the hallowed meeting place, and with glad aires did lower his eyes and raise a smile for the homecoming.

"Tis very good to see you again, Lord Exodus." The painting's lips swirled and bubbled, each brush stroke perfectly depicting every syllable, his voice emenating mysteriously from the life sized portrait. "It is always a time to toast with the heady brew of Joy when the traveller comes by to his home once again."

And Zool did tip his crystal chalice, and drink deep.

Gyrfalcon entered the room, and two steps past the door stopped as he was buffeted by what was either a sudden windstorm or being too close to Peredhil as he was passing by.

As the wind of Peredhil's passing came to an end, Gyrfalcon shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair, returning a semblance to order to it.

Finally, he continued into the room and stopped once more, seeing many of the members of the Pen gathered in a cluster near one table. Wondering what had happened, Gyrfalcon moved to join them. Selecting the arc of the circle that held the shorter members (such as Canid), Gyrfalcon peered within... to find Seth Exodus returned. As the hubbub of greetings lulled for a moment, Gyrfalcon spoke.

"Seth!" he said, and the scholar turned to see Gyrfalcon bow to him. "Welcome back! It is good to see you returned to us, my friend. How was your journey? More importantly, how are you?"

A curious black cat looks over Seth with his ever searching yellow eyes and walks over him. The feline sniffs the guest's hand and rubs his head on Seth's knees. Celes arrives and walks over the artist.

- Welcome back my friend. So, had the road been good to you?

- PRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

- Hush Cambronne! Don't you see I'm talking to our friend over there? Oh well, sorry about that. Anyhow, I'm happy to see you back with us. See you later.

She grabs her big pet and walks back to her café.

Your magical style is Dark.

What type of Magic do you work?. Take the Magical Style Quiz by Paradox

Elder Wyvern races down the main hall of the Pen towards the Cabaret Room as fast as his scaly legs can carry him... The overgrown lizard had heard the news of Seth Exodus' return and the first word that had immediatly raced through his head was " PRESENTS!" What sort of eccentric gifts had Lord Seth Exodus brought back with him from his journies? Perhaps he had made some beautifull paintings of the places he had visited... or gathered some rare artifacts to give to the Pen... or maybe he would give a gift of geld! At the thought of the last gift option, Wyverns speed increases significantly and it's a matter of seconds before he reaches the doors leading into the Cabaret Room.

Bursting through the half open doors and practically breaking them down in the process, Wyvern rudely shoves his way through the crowd that has gathered around Seth Exodus and makes his way to the newly returned Pen members seat. Stretching out his arms as if expecting a hug, Wyvern exclaims "Sssseeeetttttttthhhhhhhhyyyyyy!" before unexpectedly jumping onto Seth Exodus' lap and breaking the chair on which he sits in the process...

As Seth stutters on the floor, startled by the overgrown lizards actions, Wyvern hisses "Did you bring any expensive presentssss?" While the other Pen members that have gathered arround shake their heads in shame at the overgrown lizard, Cambronne lets out an irritated "meow!"

OOC: Welcome back Seth Exodus. Nice to have you with us again...

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 8/26/02 11:11:36 pm

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Seth sat at his table completely filled with joy as he shook old hands and returned greetings to all his old guild mates.

" Greetings, Peredhil, won't you stay a mo.....hum. Well, I see that some things never change." Seth said with a grin as the ever polite Bard rushed by.

"Canid, my dear, 'tis good to see you again."

Seth looked up at the ancient on the wall.

" I couldn't agree with you more, Zool. Cheers!" Seth lifted his glass and took a sip.

Seth turned to take in the smiling face of Gyrfalcon.

"Blessings all the more," said he. "Gyrfalcon, you're a welcome sight. It's good to be home. The journey was long and trying, but I've many grand tales to tell. We must have a drink some time and I'll fill you in."

At the feeling of a wet nose on his hand Seth stooped and stroked Cambronne. Raising his head again he met eyes with the lovely Lady Celes.

" Hark! What light? 'Tis our dear Lady Celes." Seth took and kissed her hand. "As lovely as always, I see."

Seth's ears pricked up as he heard the sound of feet advancing very quickly. The doors burts open and in dashed that ever exuberant almost dragon, Wyvern. The next moment found Seth on the floor with a lizard in his lap.

"Presents?" Seth said between fits of laughter. "Why, I bring with me one of the more precious things in this world," Seth said. Wyvern started drooling. "The gaining of knowledge and the advancment of experience." Wyvern's smile faded and he didn't look impressed.

"So, what you're saying is you've got squat?"

"Well, I wouldn't call it squat." Seth reached into his waist coat pocket and pulled out a gift for the down cast reptile. A magnificent black leather belt, studded with diamonds and trimmed with gold, and a large matching money pouch with a very large padlock hung off it. Seth held it aloft before Wyvern's eyes, and the almost dragon snatched it up greedily.

"Ooooooh!!! Gold, geld, shiney, mine, all the things I love in one gift," he said as he danced around with it gleefully.

Seth looked on happily.

"It pays to think ahead. My dear friends, it warms my heart to receive such a kind and warm welcome. I only pray that I get back into the swing of things; I have much to post and tell, and even more to catch up on." Seth smiled on the assembly of friends and took another sip of his tea.

Yours truly,

Lord Seth Exodus

A wind whispers through the eaves in the room, and suddenly a tall woman appears with a strange smile playing on her face. Her eyes are deep violet, and her hair is long and shining silver like moonlight. Her skin is pale like bone, and her hands are slender and refined.

"Hello, boy," she said, walking right up to Seth and grinning. She leaned forward, and her robes parted to reveal a very clinging dress with a very deep cut to them. Her lips parted a little, revealing two long pointed fangs.

Seth kind of cringed back into his chair, and groped desperately for his cross. The tall woman laughed, a sound like tinking bells, and stood upright again. "My goodness, looks like someone's spent too much time in the chapel." She laughed again and flowed backwards. "Nothing time won't change."

She winked at the devout man and suddenly melted into a shadow and was gone. Her voice, however remained, a sibiant whisper.

"You'll all see from me again, soon. You'll be seeing Lilia soon enough..." Cioden Darkeye

Quill-Bearer - The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Owner of the Reply Raven - Enemy to all those who never post responses

"Oh my God, I'm LEAKING POETRY!"

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Seth sat stiffly erect in his chair and his moustache twitched slightly after the exit of the strange and disturbing woman. He coughed and resettled his spectacles on his nose.

"Gracious," said he, fingering his silver cross in his pocket. "That's one of the queerer things I've seen since my return. No matter." And he returned his focus to the conversation betwixt himself and his companions.

-Lord Seth Exodus

Time has passed

a bit or so,

since last that time,

you had to go...

The reasons why?

The world, of course

With all the trials and sad remorse...

Turning 'bout, your back again

And open arms invite you in

To tell your tells and what has past

Of time left lost, and friendships fast...

welcome back seth...

revery

the dreamlost

"once a time few years ago"

the dream continues...

Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?