The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Wanderer returns

Regel

After a long absence a familiar figure stands in the doorway. The Tavern of the Quill seemed quiet and tranquil. The hooded figure saw the orderly state of the room and wondered if that crazy lizard he befriend years ago was still around. The road weariness hung on him heavily and his thoughts ran to old friends and wondered how many might still remember him. Peredhil his old friend and ally must certainly still be part of this esteemed writers guild. The Cabaret Room reminded him of another tavern the SteelDragon. He looked to a dark corner table and sat down. Facing the exits and looking for escape routes was so ingrained into his psyche he was not even really aware of his actions. He had joined the pen is mightier fifteen years ago. He was old then and much older now. Regel dropped his hood and rested his head on his forearms. It was still dark and quiet, just like he liked it. The old man quickly dosed off.

Edited by Regel

Zatar glances at the open door, lets out a soft sigh and with a quick flick of magic clothes Snypiuer in a clown suit.

"If you're going to act like a fool; you should  at least dress the part." He muttered. 

Then raising his voice slightly, "Another Saurian brandy over here; and a round for Peredhil and his friend over there, whatever they're drinking."

Edited by TLDunn213

Regel smiled with the warm greeting from the pennites. Sitting with his old friend Peredhil, Regel waved to both Snypiuer and Zatar. As his eyes adjust to the light he took a closer look at his old friend's face. "Time has been kind to you old friend. You look...different. Not sure exactly what it is but you seem happier. Snypiuer was kind enough to give me a hand finding my way back here." The two old friends laughed and drank recalling old stories and catching up on recent events. " So I have to ask what ever happened to the young lizard?"  

Snypiuer notices the clown suit appear on him and he begins to panic. Is he NOT performing the ancient, arcane “Banishment of Evil, Invisible Clowns” ritual correctly!? He WAS properly nekkid and he WAS waving his arms wildly above his head as he ran around setting wards - yet, HOW had one of his most vile enemies been able to, not only, by-pass those wards, but somehow ENGULFED him!

Snypiuer begins screaming in abject terror as he waves his arms even more wildly above his head as he, frantically, runs faster in an attempt to make the magic ritual work!

Noting that Snypiuer's yelling sounds a bit like screams of terror, Zatar finishes his Saurian brandy and heads out the door. "What's his problem, anyway. It's just a clown suit." 

"Maybe he's afraid of clowns" Qwerty said shimmering into existence next to Zatar.

"*Sigh*" "Could be, I guess. Easy enough to check." And with a snap of his fingers and a flick of magic the clown suit is transformed into a more normal outfit. 

Zatar and Qwerty continue down the hallway listening to see if the screaming stops.

#*Note: See my post: on Nerfs and Gribbles, for related events.*#

Edited by TLDunn213

• 1 month later...

The topic of Wyvern hung weightless in the air. Regel's imagination began to postulate possible reasons why his friend did not answer the question of the then young Lizard. Many years had passed and lizards like people change. Years had changed me perhaps the same was true of him. Wyvern was an Elder in spite of his youth and a driving force of the pen is mightier.  "I would love to hear about him if you care to share any news."  The silence had it's own conversation.