The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Snypiuer...is......UPSET

Snypiuer

I was going to place this in Movie Reviews, but the 'movie' I saw does NOT deserve that level of remarks.

I believe I can now claim, with NO reservation, that I FULLY understand why Carly Simon has never revealed who the song "You're So Vain" is about - to do so would give a level of recognition to the individual that he does NOT deserve.

I WISH that I could talk about this WASTE of my useless time (yes, USELESS time) WITHOUT naming it.

I COULD have spent the time I wasted watching this 'movie' doing ANYTHING else and it would have been a BETTER use of my time.

For example, I could have spent the time seeing how many Habanero chili peppers I could pack into my sinus cavities while inflicting massive amounts of physical trauma to my cranium with an air hammer and dull, rusty spikes and THAT would have been a BETTER use of my time by UNQUANTIFIABLE orders of magnitude.

The 'so-called' movie of which I speak?

"The Last Exorcism".

What REALLY upsets me about this movie is that it has so much potential to be good. There were SO many times throughout the movie that I thought, "Right here, this is where it's going to come together." Right up to the sad, disappointing end - and it NEVER delivered.

It was like going out to your back yard thinking, "If an Apache Helicopter (something POSSIBLE, but rarely seen) shows up in my back yard, THAT would be AWESOME!" only to find the neighbors cat ONCE AGAIN dropping a deuce on your porch.

The movie is supposed to look like a documentary and tried so hard to be 'realistic', that it ended up throwing away EVERY opportunity it had to ACTUALLY be an EXCELLENT horror movie.

Maybe I'm jaded. Maybe the fact that I grew up watching horror movies has numbed me to what is supposed to be scary. Maybe the fact that the first horror movie I saw was "The Exorcist" at 6 years old and my mother (who TOOK me to see it and whom I repeatedly tell myself I love with ALL my heart) sat up with me that night, because I couldn't sleep, and as we watched the test pattern on the T.V. (for distraction - and yes, there actually was a time when T.V. programming STOPPED for the night!) I asked her, "Mom, can that REALLY happen?", she slowly turned to me, eyes wide, evil look on her face, and said in a low, guttural voice, "Yessss." (I love my Mom. I LOVE my Mom!) - MAYBE, that has caused me to expect MORE!

NO!

The simple fact is this movie just wasn't ANY good.

WORSE? I stayed to watch it because it was constantly on the VERGE of being GREAT!

AARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW!

Anyone can love a woman who:

A. Does NOT take their 6 year old child to see "The Exorcist" (especially in a day and age when there wasn't such a saturation of violence and horror so readily available in the main stream, public domain - T.V., movies, games, etc.)

or

B. When their 6 year old child is scared and frightened, late at night, and looking for comfort and reassurance, takes that child in their arms and says, "It's just a movie, it's not real. Everything is O.K."

THAT woman can be loved by ANYONE.

BUT, a woman who:

A. Not only takes her 6 year old child to see "The Exorcist", but THEN decides it's a GOOD idea to ADD to his fear by VALIDATING it to the point that that child doesn't scream or run in terror, but simply ACCEPTS it with the silent thought, "O.K., that explains a lot."

or

B. Makes it a POINT to wake up at 1 A.M. or 2 A.M. just to go outside and tap on her children's' window in order to scare the living BEJEEZUS out of them.

THAT woman you HAVE to love!!!

I LOVE MY MOM!!!

Oh yeah, "The Last Exorcism" STILL has me upset!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

THANKS!!!

Actually, been working on my Halloween Skin by changing html code and seeing what happens by clicking through the site.

This was to change the poll screen, can't figure out how to change the Title of the poll still.

Other then that, about finished. . . I THINK!

Still can't find a LOT of sections for some code or code for some sections.

I have no idea what I'm doing, so I made it available for anyone who wants, to see what I've got so far, can go to the bottom of the page and change the view from 'IP.Board' to 'HALLOWEEN PEN'.

ANY suggestions will be APPRECIATED!

THANKS!!!

Thanks! Glad you like the skin.

I BROKE DEGORRAMS' EYES!!! :w00t::devil:

I mean. . . nooooo, I broke Degorrams' eyes! :unhappy::unsure:

I'm thinking I should make a few that are just simple, different color schemes (less eye-breaky).

If I set the Halloween Skin as the default skin for the holiday, you can still change back to the IP.Board skin.

Any ideas for skins will be appreciated!

Thanks, again!

Oh yeah, I STILL don't like 'The Last Exorcism'!

Hmmm, well, some simple ideas for skins would be elemental color schemes, like earth tones, water tones, etc. You could also make a castle skin with grays and blacks and maybe some stone worked in. Or, you could also do a paper and ink skin, mostly black, cream, and white with the image background being parchment with words all over it.