The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Oh-Righty Then

Snypiuer

O.K., Roll Call OFFICIALLY over, not that that seems too important.

Ever have one of those lives where it feels like EVERYONE is just taking turns kicking you?

Wellllll. . . NOT me! NOT the Kid!

I has me buckets (that's right BUCKETS!) full o' lemons and I'm fixing to chuck 'em at random passer-bys!

So the timing of the Roll Call was off (THAT'S the story I'M sticking to!)! WHO CARES!!!

People ARE checking in (they're not signing in or posting - NOTHING more than details baby! DETAILS I tells ya'!)

We are STILL going to continue doing WHATEVER is necessary to revive the Pen!

While I, personally, don't have the knowledge of HOW to do some of the things (actually, NONE of them) that have been discussed in Super Secret Illuminati Rule the Universe Over the Top Deny They EVER Took Place Meetings (which NEVER took place - you know, just in CASE you were wondering), I can figure it out (sure, it may take a while 'cause I am slow and, well, lazy) OR find someone who does, and when I DO. . . I don't want to hear any lip from ANYONE! Unless, of course, it is helpful and cogent to what is being attempted ('cause, you KNOW, the Pen is YOUR home and your thoughts and views ARE important and WANTED) - BUT, other than that, NO LIP!!!

Going to leave the Roll Call post open, just in case ANYONE wants to continue with them.

Do ANY of you realize how long it's going to take me to do the Weenie list!?

I'm NOT kidding when I say I'm slow (not to mention LAZY)!

There's a LONG hard fight ahead for me. . . I need to find my Battle Afro (a tip o' the hat and a hearty 'kudos' to anyone who gets that reference)!

OHHHH!!! Forgot about Ice Pirates and the afro that grows really big at the end!

BUT, no. Neither does it have anything to do with Hip-Hop or the cartoon Afro Samurai - YET it is a cartoon reference (also called a combat afro - another hint: Afro is one of two passwords)!!

A door in a nearby corner opens suddenly, allowing a pale, bald head to emerge from beyond. Brute quickly scans the room, and upon seeing Snypiuer and Zool talking of obscure afro references, a broad smile creases his drawn face and settles in his eyes. With a quick step into the room, he waves to the two, surprise etched upon their features. "Hullo, Snypiuer! Hullo, Zool! how've ya been?"

"BRUTE!!!" Snypiuer steps forward, mug in hand. Brute looks at mug. Snypiuer quickly puts mug in other hand and shakes Brute - not his hand. . . him! "How ya' doing!? Where've you been buried!? Come! Sit! Pour!" Suddenly, three chairs arranged themselves in a semicircle - and the mug is back. Snypiuer continues, "Always good to see you! Plan to stay long?" as he smiles and holds out mug.

From within his dark, tattered robes, the old mage produces a familiar flask and pours forth from it a dark liquid, filling the three mugs. Brute then sits in one of the three chairs and grins broadly at Synpiuer and Zool. It's so good to see you, my friends! I've missed all of the colorful inhabitants of this place! It's been so long since I've been here. Where's Ozy, and Gyrfalcon? Is Yui-chan still here? Wyvern! Where's that old rascal at? I believe he still owes me money. It's SOOO good to see you again!!!

(OOC. I deeply apologize for my length of absence. I've missed you all and it's so good to be back!! you see, there was this girl, and then life kinda took hold. Well, there's this other girl now.. and she's kind of the reason I came back. anyway, here I am.)

Appy, MAYBE!

I haven't read or seen any episodes of 'One Piece' (It's a BIG series and I HATE not experiencing a series in order - living in a small armpit of a town with NO access to ANYTHING has kept me from starting 'One Piece'), the series I'm referring to makes reference to A LOT of others and pop culture. I know Funimation does the English dub of both, but I believe the American Manga are done by different publishers: 'One Piece' is Shonen Jump (VIZ Media) and the series I reference is Shonen Ace (Tokyopop).

Could be the Afro is a homage, without knowledge of 'One Piece', I can not say either way!

Have a mug and a seat and we'll chat about it!

*A chair appears as Appy is invited to join the group*

"So, Brute, Tell us about this 'other' girl!"

I just know that Luffy, the main character in One Piece, at some point aquires a Battle Afro and it's SOOOOO cool! :D So it could be an homage indeed, but from whom to whom? ;)

(Ominous music) DA. . . DA. . . DAAAHHHHH!!!!!! The plot thickens.

Ohhh MANNNN!!!! Now I REALLY want to, no. . . HAVE to get 'One Piece'! (Is it me, or did that sound vaguely. . . never mind.)

I'll look up the publishing dates and find out which was published first (when I can) - ANY idea at what point Luffy gets the Afro?

Yay for wikis and episode lists. It should be episode nr. 217 or 218 in which it first appears. They were published in 2004-2005 (yes, it's an ongoing series even today) It's brilliant and you're going to love it and that goes for the whole series I do believe ^_^

So go get it :D